Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Emily Sarsfield Olympic bid-please sign petition.

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/angry-skicross-athlete-emily-sarsfield-set-to-take-legal-action-after-sochi-omission-9079910.html

Is there an opportunity to Crowdfund Emily to get to Sochi?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mr brain cheat, I hope Emily Sarsfield wins her legal challenge - it would be nice to see some of the British officials with egg on their face over their inflexible and sometimes incomprehensible selection policies... Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am fully behind her challenge. She so deserves that place....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair Pink, +1. I was looking forward to seeing our former neighbour competing in the Winter Olympics.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As I said in another thread, this was always going to happen when they allowed athletes in who didn't meet the boa criteria (Chemmy for example) I agree she should go, bit athlete but then so should a number of other athletes.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mouth wrote:

+1
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I cant say I've much interest in rules that surround the selection procedures but it certainly sounds unfair and must be terribly upsetting for her. It seems to be a decision made in a board room that pride wont allow to be reversed. Who ever it is that wont take a bit of stick to allow someone elses dreams to become reality is a real *rs'ole rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thread++
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Devastated for Emily, 17th in the World Champs and 21st on the Sochi track... Plus Ski Cross is so exciting!!! BOA and BSS need to rethink!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/winter-olympics/10592234/British-ski-cross-No-1-Emily-Sarsfield-threatens-legal-action-against-BOA-over-her-non-selection-for-Sochi.html

Support Emily on twitter @EmSkiCross #Sarsfield4Sochi

Support will stop them doing this again!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They certainly do Victoria, criminal decision.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i'm not sure i'd agree that its exciting.....that doesnt mean that I dont support her efforts though Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Puzzled Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
eddiethebus wrote:
i'm not sure i'd agree that its exciting.....that doesnt mean that I dont support her efforts though Smile

Eh Puzzled
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm in two minds over this. One the one hand I'd really, really like her to go and it seems sensible for the BOA to take a risk on her. But as a slightly separate issue I fail to see how a legal challenge is relevant or right. Does she have a legal right to go? Should a footballer be able to mount a legal challenge to a referee's decision he doesn't agree with? Should X factor contestants be able to mount a legal challenge and insist on their legal right to get through to the next round? If the BOA have an appeals process then that is the route to take. If they don't, then that's that.

Please don't interpret the comment above as anything negative about ES. It's not intended as such.
snow conditions
foxtrotzulu, there's precedent for legal challenges.
latest report
meh, I didn't say there wasn't. I was just questioning whether there should be and whether the law should have a role in every decision made by any organisation. If admin gets fed up with me and bans me should I have the right to legal appeal? No.
snow conditions
foxtrotzulu, you asked why a legal challenge was relevant. It's relevant because there is precedent for doing it successfully. Hence it is an avenue to pursue regardless of back seat lawyering.
snow report
Ultimately the BOA and BSS are responsible for this, they have places they could have filled with athletes, which for whatever reason they have chosen not to. They have put athletes in the team who didn't meet their prescribed criteria but met IOC criteria.

I do have respect for all the people who have sacrificed their life to try and get a place at the Olympics and I hope the respective bodies will see sense and send as many people not currently on the list to represent our country.

Of I was in Emily Sarsfields position I would be pursuing every avenue available to get me to Sochi.
ski holidays
ansta1, precisely, it's the double standards that are awful never mind the fact that we put basically zero money into funding these guys.
snow conditions
Quote:

+100
snow report
I must admit to being a bit confused as I thought yesterday it was because there simply wasn't a place in the comp. BSS are utter funny fellows if they've blocked her and a lower ranked skier from another country I'd going to fill that place. Would be nice if the BBC in one of their bits of build up sycophancy put the Chef du Mission on the spot a bit about non selection policy.
snow report
She has hit the qualification standards that the BSS and BOA require (3 x top 24's at World Cup). Only 32 girls get to race ski cross in Sochi, in heats of 4. Winning 2 progressing to next round, she competes with the best skiers week in and week out but will be missing from the start line in Sochi because the BOA and BSS don't understand her sport. If they did - no one in the right mind would turn down a ski cross quota!!

Please show support and make the BOA see sense and sign her petition!!

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/british-olympic-organisation-accept-emily-sarsfield-s-invitation-from-fis-to-participate-in-the-ski-cross-event-at-the-2014-winter-olympics-in-sochi#intro
ski holidays
Done. vic(toria) I assume.
snow report
Signed also.
snow conditions
Signed. I can't understand why they don't want her to go. You'd think they'd be pleased she'd qualified Puzzled
latest report
maggi, exactly.
snow report
Signed.

Olympic participation should not be about only entering competitors who are expected to finish in the top two thirds (though she probably would anyhow).

If there are places available, and we have athletes who meet the IOC qualification standards, then those places should be taken.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Signed, Petition just broke 600 signatures, 400 more to go
snow report
Signed and passed on , let's make it 1000 !
ski holidays
signed
latest report
signed
snow report
mr brain cheat, I've edited your thread title to draw attention to the petition. Come on snowHeads, get signing.

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/british-olympic-organisation-accept-emily-sarsfield-s-invitation-from-fis-to-participate-in-the-ski-cross-event-at-the-2014-winter-olympics-in-sochi#intro
snow conditions
Signed
ski holidays
Signed & passed on
latest report
Currently only 759 signed up. Surely 30 odd thousand snowheads can do better?
latest report
Signed. snowHead
ski holidays
Signed, 815 so far
snow report
Signed. Up to 836.
ski holidays
Signed and passed on
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy