Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens / Trois Vallees

Poster: A snowHead
Quick update for those of you heading in this direction tomorrow.

Started snowing again yesterday evening and it hasn't really stopped since. However, high winds late this afternoon won't be doing the upper slopes any good and VT isn't a very nice place to be at the moment. Snow is expected to continue tonight and through the day tomorrow - hopefullly, the wind will calm down.

If you're coming by car, expect to need chains - esp for Val Thorens. However you come, don't be surprised by delays.

Then expect some really good skiing when the weather starts to clear on Sunday. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alastair, and the long range forcast is...? we arrive on the 18th
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Conditions here are simply excellent at the moment - after many days of snow there isn't a cloud in the sky and people tell me that the pistes are perfect. Temperatures remain low but the sun is warm.

Nearly went skiing myself Shocked .

CEM, don't know about next week yet but light snowfalls are expected towards the end of this week which should serve to freshen things up for you. There's so much snow around now I expect you'll have a great week.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
looking at the latania cam, there's a serious amount of snow been shovelled off the beginners magic carpet, must be awesome out there at the moment!

http://www.latania.co.uk/webcam/MoreWebCams/MoreWebCams.htm
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm in La tania next week so looking pretty good.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just back from Les Menuires yesterday, snow was fantastic all over the 3 valleys, slightly worse in Meribel than the other valleys, but still excellent.......... Laughing
Only saw 1 patch of ice all week, that was at the bottom of La Praz next to the gondola station, caused by the rain at lower altitudes mid week.
I am sure the dynamite suppliers were very happy, major blasting needed all week, I reckon 1.5 metres of fresh in the week, judging by the balcony Very Happy
The only problem with the week, had to come home! Crying or Very sad
Never mind back out in 3 weeks Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just back from Les Menuires yesterday, snow was fantastic all over the 3 valleys, slightly worse in Meribel than the other valleys, but still excellent.......... Laughing
Only saw 1 patch of ice all week, that was at the bottom of La Praz next to the gondola station, caused by the rain at lower altitudes mid week.
I am sure the dynamite suppliers were very happy, major blasting needed all week, I reckon 1.5 metres of fresh in the week, judging by the balcony Very Happy
The only problem with the week, had to come home! Crying or Very sad
Never mind back out in 3 weeks Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
keep us up to date then only 1.5 sleeps till we arrive Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CEM, Keep an eye out next week, could be possible that Syderjon and me, may do a day trip via Orelle.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just back from Courchevel. Amazing conditions all week. Sunday sking in shin to knee deep powder on piste. After that beautiful pistes all over 3 Vallees including Meribel. Only saw ice right at bottom of Tovots run back to 1550 and at bottom of lower villages. Undesrstand that more snow is forecast
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Still unable to provide any first hand reports Crying or Very sad but VT have put a new 360 degree webcam here which is quite nice.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Apologies but this is a repeat of a post on the resorts forum. I'm going tomorrow so would like to get an answer today.

Can someone let me know if you need a photo for the lift pass, for the 3 valleys area now that it's all electronic ?

I was last there in 2003 and you needed a photo then. I'm staying in Courchevel 1650

Thanks
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pokemon, Details here http://www.latania.co.uk/skiing/passes.htm
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers,

I was looking on the courchevel web site and it wasn't that clear.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
looks like it's melting fast low down from the meribel webcams was all white earlier in the week but looking brown n muddy now but snowing at Courchevel 1850m...
snow report
Can anyone tell me how much a 6 day pass is for Courchevel ?
ski holidays
mike.healy, 170 Euros. More details here. Which bit of Courchevel are you staying in? There's a couple of good British ski schools in Courchevel.
ski holidays
rob@rar.org.uk, Thanks for that. I am giving up ski school for a while. In Bansko a few weeks back we had 18 in the lesson and 1 guy was of a lesser ability than the rest of us so he held the class up constantly (not his fault). Anyway, we stuck it out for a day and then 1 hour on the second morning, then several of us went off on our own for the rest of the week. We had a great time with the more experienced offering tips to the rest of us.

I went from caution and blues, to confidence and black in the week which is faster progress than I have ever made before.

The late bargain that I have seen is in C1550.
latest report
mike.healy wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, Thanks for that. I am giving up ski school for a while. In Bansko a few weeks back we had 18 in the lesson and 1 guy was of a lesser ability than the rest of us so he held the class up constantly (not his fault).

I'm not surprised, but if you choose a proper ski school you won't have that kind of experience. I gave up on ski school for many years because I wasn't happy with the tuition being offered (although not quite as bad as 18 in a class). Fortunately I discovered that there are good ski schools (by coincidence, I was in Courchevel) and I've stuck with ski school since then. It's made a huge difference to my skiing, so I always recommend that people stay with ski school for as long as they can Smile

C1550 is a nice resort. A bit quiet compared to C1850 or C1650, but has very good links to the skiing in the Courchevel valley, and to the rest of the 3V domain. If you are tempted to return to ski school, Ski Supreme based in C1850 are very good. If you would like a private lesson rather than a class, ask for Gareth Roberts.
ski holidays
I would agree with the comments about Ski Supreme. Used them a couple of weeks ago - Scottish chap called Allan Askings I think - very good. They checked out peoples ability first, then grouped accordingly.
snow report
it appears to be snowing again in VT.... whooppeeee. Hope it continues to 22nd!!! snowHead Anyone know any good cheap comprehensive ski travel insurance companies? Puzzled
snow report
firefly, yes it's snowing heavily again today Very Happy . Hoping to restart proper snow reports shortly......
snow conditions
firefly, you could try www.direct-travel.co.uk 0845 605 2500 they are part of AXA, inexpensive and when I glanced through their levels of cover they were comparable to anything else. I used them for my last trip, didn't make a claim so no experience of that side, luckily. Please note that I did not check things like off-piste cover.
ski holidays
looks like it is/has been snowing down as low as La Tania Very Happy

10 sleeps to go........
snow report
Just got back from val thorens and it was amazing. Yesterday was really good powder everywhere especially in Meribel. It was a bit hard to find untracked powder later on though. The snows a bit slushy lower down, but up high it is fanastic. Courchevel has some amazing skiing to be done too.
snow report
AN02ZEJ, w00t! snowHead I'm off in a week.
latest report
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Excuse my exuberance, but I got back on the jolly old skis today. Stayed in the VT area where conditions are really very good indeed. Lovely sunny day. Little bit of slush lower down (eg by the Plan de l'eau chair at 1800m) but most areas excellent - Fourth Valley, Peclet, Caron, etc.

Lower temperatures and more snow expected in the next few days.

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alastair, w00t! Glad to hear you are back in the saddle - have your wrapped yourself in bubble wrap?

Conditions look much better than this time last year...
snow report
Ian Hopkinson, not bubble wrap - just a determined effort to stay approximately upright. 'Gentle' skiing as ordered by the doctor. wink
snow report
Alastair, Top news. I am sure you will find some like minded sliers in a fortnight. Very Happy snowHead
snow report
Just back from 3V, had fantastic conditions all week except Wednesday when it rained quite high before snowing and giving us yet another day of powder. Friday was hot however and snow was deteriorating, some more or some lower temperatures needed.
ski holidays
Lousy visibility for most of the day today, with snow falling. Snow falling heavily this evening Very Happy Very Happy .
snow conditions
looks like it's still snowing out there alastair, I come out to La Tania on Sunday for a week, any idea what the longer term forecast is???
snow report
gregh, yes, it's still snowing here down to quite a low level; woke to the sounds of snowploughs and avalanche blasting. Weather expected to clear later today, although there's no sign of that at the moment - visibility very poor. More snow expected at the weekend. I expect you'll have a great week.
ski holidays
Alastair, how far down does continuous snow cover stretch? When I've been to the 3V's before at Easter it's only been on the final approach to Val Thorens that snow cover has been continuous, with Belvedere St David (sp?) featuring a comb-over piste of awesome extent.
ski holidays
Ian Hopkinson, talking to a friend in St Martin de Belleville last night he said that it was snowing heavily down there as well. However until yesterday there had been little snow on the ground except for the piste itself which had a lot of artificial snow put down on it earlier in the season; he reported the conditions there as slushy, but the temperature has dropped a great deal. Hoping to do a quick whizz round the 3Vs tomorrow so I'll be able to report back then.
latest report
Ian, the webcam below is La Tania at 1350......

snow report
Alastair, gregh - wow that's looking good snowHead
snow conditions
gregh, I was in La Tania last week, really enjoyed it. The resort run tended to get slushy but what do you expect? We got loads of new snow and some sun, hope it keeps up for you.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy