Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens / Trois Vallees

Poster: A snowHead
PG, Great photo of Antoine Bossert. He would be a decent skier if he could get more of an edge angle wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
5cm of snow overnight may not sound much (it isn't) but it has refreshed the pistes quite a bit. Top of Caron still a bit ropey (admin reports) but many of the other runs around VT in good condition - the runs off Peclet and the Boismint area were very nice. A most enjoyable day out in broken sunshine until the weather closed in again late afternoon. Temperature remaining low.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very cold today with brilliant sunshine. Some great skiing to be had on piste, with just a few icy patches.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stevo, Thanks for sharing that info. I've sent you a PM.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alastair,
Hmmm you must have some really well hidden stashes - the 3 valleys is in absolutely abysmal state. Yep, the dusting did help a bit but a look at the bottom of my skis (from mostly on piste skiing) tells the story. Very little coverage anywhere (and we thought towards Val T was worst of the lot). Lower down where snow making has been done is a lot better than higher up, and some ok skiing can be had in the ice scapings at the side of the piste. You can see the mud through a lot of runs round Les Menuires, on the courchevel side it is absolutely impossible to dodge the stones. Meribel had some OK skiing round the rond point, grand duc and just of the edge of the slopes in the bumps down from Saulire towards rond point - but not exactly mind-blowing.
In summary the skiing sucks big time Sad . Hopefully I'll be on a plane back to Whistler in the next few hours to get my skis fixed.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stuarth, I don't know, you North Americans (or adopted ones), you only know how to ski in six feet of dry powder! wink (That's maybe why the Americans and Canadians didn't turn up at today's icy Olympic Downhill? snowHead)

Don't know where you were skiing but everywhere I skied around the Courchevel valley last Monday afternoon was fine - although it was a hot day, so can't vouch for later in the week. No mud, and not a single stone.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PG wrote:
stuarth, I don't know, you North Americans (or adopted ones), you only know how to ski in six feet of dry powder! wink (That's maybe why the Americans and Canadians didn't turn up at today's icy Olympic Downhill? snowHead)

Don't know where you were skiing but everywhere I skied around the Courchevel valley last Monday afternoon was fine - although it was a hot day, so can't vouch for later in the week. No mud, and not a single stone.

Well, the pisteurs must have done a fantastic job, then. Two days earlier (Sat 4th), the upper pitches of Creux and Combe Saulire were like skiing on (stone) ball bearings and the short pitches from Creux down to the bottom of the Chanrossa chair were muddy and/or closed.

Glad to hear it's improved: I'm due back in 8 weeks! (Hope it snows again before then, though.)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
courchevel webcam looks promising is it snowing yet
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's been snowing in VT since about lunchtime Very Happy .
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
yay, please keep snowing constantly till saterday Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snowing almost continuously since Wednesday; high temperatures and sunshine on Thursday afternoon didn't help but significant snow last night (with lower temperatures) and moderate to heavy snow all morning. When/if the weather clears there'll be some very good skiing out there, as long as the wind doesn't get up too much.

Nice to be woken by the sound of snowploughs and avalanche blasting Very Happy .

Anyone planning to drive here this weekend should expect to need snow tyres or chains. Good chance the access road will be chaotic on one of the busiest transfer days.

the_fatadder, the forecast suggests it'll go on longer than that.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Needs to snow constantly beetween now and the 22nd april snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nick_C, if it carries on at this rate until 22nd April you won't be able to get in to the resort Shocked .
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's as heavy as that is it?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alastair, the meribel/courchevel webcams looked liked it had stopped , no snow on the roads in Meribel, is it meant to re-start snowing again??
ski holidays
gregh, it's snowing outside my window at the moment. Hasn't stopped for any significant length of time all day. Snowploughs making a bit of a racket as well....
snow report
Hardly anything coming down since middayish in the upper part of the Tarentaise but you wouldn't know it at altitude with the hurricane currently blowing from the west Sad
snow report
Snow now stopped, and wind getting up - let's hope not too much damage is done. A repeat of the winds we had a couple of weeks ago would be a real shame Crying or Very sad .
snow conditions
Last update for today - wind dropped to zero, snow restarted (light). Very Happy

Many cars aren't making it up the hill without chains, so be prepared!
snow conditions
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Alastair, you having a good day by any chance Smile
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk, sorry, that wasn’t a very detailed report but your deduction was correct.

More snow overnight with only light winds was followed by very heavy snowfall for much of the morning. Most pistes were open this morning, with plenty of nice soft powder on them. Light winds only but the visibility was, not surprisingly, poor. Resort very quiet as it’s changeover day for many and the roads are very slow (one tour operator I’ve spoken to has indicated delays of three hours).

Sun came out at lunchtime – typical, when I was enjoying my salmon in a white wine sauce. By the end of the meal it had gone in again rolling eyes . The afternoon has been a mixture of brief clearish spells and further snowfall, sometimes heavy.

All in all, superb skiing to be had when you can see where you’re going, which isn’t that frequent at the moment. When the weather clears….. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Just back from St.Martin, where about 40cm of snow has fallen since Weds night, although 20cm washed away in the ensuing downpour below 2000m, and the remainder is quite windblown. Lovely powder to be had Thurs & Friday mornings, but visibility poor, and the links were shut because of wind. Took my daughters lead and jumped onto a darksiders plank for most of friday, now aching unbelievably, stiff neck, lots of bruises, but we had a lot of fun in limited conditions. 3V will be great this coming week....
latest report
Oh dear - spoke too soon. Sad

High winds this morning have forced the closure of most lifts, with only three chairs operating. Visibility is very poor with snow being blown all over the place. One of those days when VT isn't a very nice place to be. Winds expected to die down, with more heavy snow this afternoon, but I fear the winds will be doing a lot of damage at altitude. Sad
snow report
Lifts now closed and strong winds continue, with much snow in the air. We're supposed to be having decent snowfall this afternoon but it's impossible to tell how much of the snow in the air is fresh (if any) and how much is simply being blown off the mountains. Sad
snow report
Alastair, just back down from the slopes myself, similar weather - feels like it's snowing but down in the valley it's clear there's been no precipitation.... yet!
snow conditions
Wind calmed down yesterday evening and a small amount of snow fell.

Today the pistes were in excellent condition and the sun came out Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . A few icy paches in the Meribel valley, and Mont Vallon closed due to the avalanche risk, but otherwise superb. Avalanche risk 4/5.
snow report
Has there been much wind damage to the upper slopes of VT?

What's the Cime de Caron like? Surely u checked it first thing no? Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The piste seems to be fine, though off-piste has clearly suffered. I didn't go up Caron today - was out with the Ski Club Shocked and after doing a few runs around VT we headed over to Courchevel (not because of any problems at VT). Probably another 3Vs tour tomorrow. I'll try to go up Caron in the next few days and report back (but don't expect a detailed report on that black mogul field Shocked ).
ski holidays
Trip over to 1650/1850/1550/Le Praz/La Tania yesterday. Snow generally very good on piste, although a tad icy in the Meribel valley in the afternoon. Another lovely day of good piste skiing in sunshine. Colder, cloudier and snowing slightly when we returned to VT, but clear tonight.
snow conditions
just over 2 weeks to go- what odds on another dump from the snow sages, please, Can someone arrange for Frosty to put in good word.
snow report
Cime Caron in good condition today as was the fourth valley - plenty of decent snow on piste. Weather changing this afternoon with cloud coming in and snow starting to fall.

admin, a special report for you on your fave mogul field on Caron. It's still there Shocked . It's still unsullied by my skis Laughing .
ski holidays
Overcast today, with lower cloud. Light snow much of this afternoon.
snow conditions
Alastair, Thanks for the updates - we enjoyed skiing with you last week - back at work now though with loads to do and a computer system which is currently crashing every ten minutes or so (deep joy!) snowHead
snow conditions
bev bish, yes, it was good to ski with you too. I suppose I'll have to go back to work someday... Sad .
ski holidays
Alastair, I have been enjoying your updates. How are the crowds? I'm out coming out on Tuesday for the first time 'in season'. Its difficult to tell from the cams how busy it is.
snow report
Duvet, this last week has been very busy indeed, with a few significant lift queues and some crowded pistes. I think next week is expected to be less busy but I'll report back... Are you staying in VT?
ski holidays
Alastair, Staying at Meribel Altiport but will probably spend a few days across at VT as I've never been there before.
snow conditions
Superb conditions today - pistes across the 3Vs mainly in excellent condition and no crowds or queues as it's transfer day. Just had a really good day out Very Happy . Now snowing in VT.
snow report
Another lovely sunny day with pistes in very good condition. Busier than yesterday but quieter than last week so far; just a few queues. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy