Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

L2A Mini Season

Poster: A snowHead
welshskier, thanks very much. Off to L2A in 3 weeks and definitely keen to spend a day at La Grave if the conditions are right. Is it easier to book a guide in L2A and go with them, or do it all in La Grave? We're driving out there so no problem to drive round to La Grave if the link is not open.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's not much at La Grave. I would book in LDA. Snowing steadily today, made the mistake of going out early and got sandblasted (or snowblasted!) in wind.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds like I made the right decision to stay in the warm. Lazy old bag. Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yesterday had some apalling visibilty, probably the worst I've ever encountered. After one particular run I decided to download but did find some light lower and skied a little longer. After the La Grave trip the previous day we had a short sesion with easiski which was mostly drills.

There was a reasonable amount of snow overnight and we went up at 10 to poor light, some very cold winds and a fair bit of snow which was very heavy. We took it pretty easy with a couple of fairly lengthy stops then met up with easiski for our last session at 2. TBH the last thing I fancied at that point was skiing off piste but as the light improved a fair bit we spent most of the two and a half hour session off piste and found some nice snow on some fairly challenging runs. The last run of the day was off piste down Posettes back to resort.

That was my 20th day running skiing and the last of my first visit of the winter. I'll be back later for the last 6 weeks of the season.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's been great skiing with pam w, welshskier, Richard E and loads of other non-Snowheads the last 3 weeks. Going to be loads around for my next visit too I believe Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ESF and ESS do group trips to La Grave which are good value. From what we saw of them though they don't hang around you need to be pretty handy to go with them (far better than me).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's been interesting reading your posts, safe trip home and thanks Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mozwold wrote:
It's been interesting reading your posts, safe trip home and thanks Very Happy
+1
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

From what we saw of them though they don't hang around you need to be pretty handy to go with them (far better than me).

Indeed, the ESF-led group we saw were fairly hurtling down. Lapped us.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Many thanks to Claude B for guiding us and sharing his intimate knowledge of mountain toilets Embarassed , and now it's off to La Plagne for me.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks to welshskier, and pam w, for helping me drive down from L2A this morning, not nearly as scary as I thought it might be, but it was good to follow someone and know I didn't have anyone on my backside trying to get past. We are now happily trundling up the motorway and John is being a good passenger.

Great meeting you all, shame Johns and my holiday has been cut short but at least we can get his knee sorted ready for next year Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Anniegirl, glad it's going well and that John is behaving himself! Let us know what the prognosis is for the knee. I had a very easy trundle down to Albertville, where I did some shopping for the forthcoming week, and have unpacked and done a load of washing. Going to friends' apartment for a brasérade shortly. Nice fresh snow here and a little more forecast overnight; my resolution to rest my knee tomorrow might get tested. wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
welshskier, Happy have fun in La Plagne. let me know how the loos measure up wink

On my way home now. It was a beautiful sunny, cold morning in L2A but I believe it was pretty windy higher up.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pedantica wrote:
pam w, I totally sympathize and would have been exactly the same. Claude B has been kind enough to ski behind me in the past. He's very good with little old ladies! wink

Shocked Shocked
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Small world, just saw John and Anniegirl, in Troyes Happy
ski holidays
Does this mean well now not have easiski'a a blog to get excited over? On the subject does anyone know why there isn't a weather thread for L2A in the weather section of the forum? Seems to be for serre Che and the surrounding areas but not incl L2A. Seems odd
snow conditions
Quote:

Does this mean well now not have easiski'a a blog to get excited over?

not sure what you mean, Tomf05. Easiski's blog is on her website.
snow conditions
Sorry mistype we'll only have*
latest report
Don't worry like Arnie "I'll be back" Happy

That was only Part 1, I'm back later in the season for Part 2, a further 6 weeks. I'm leaving L2A to the masses during the really busy period coming up. My daughter was also rather keen for me to be around for her 18th later this week.

Now back home starting to attack the mountain of washing.

After 20 consecutive days skiing I'm expecting to sleep a lot this week although I'd like to get on the bike sometime, weather forecast doesn't look promising though.
ski holidays
Tomf05, I think you only get a weather thread if someone is stationed in resort all season.
latest report
John saw the consultant today and hopefully he will not need any surgery Very Happy . He has some physiotherapy booked and goes back to the consultant in a few weeks time.

Thanks for everyone's help last week getting him off the mountain, extreme side slipping Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
The practice came in useful Madeye-Smiley Hope the recovery goes well. Having a great week in La Plagne and enjoying the powder.
snow report
Anniegirl, good news. Crack the whip and make sure he does the physio!
snow conditions
welshskier, and the loos? wink

Anniegirl, Good news, keep us informed of progress!
ski holidays
20 straight days skiing has really taken it's toll this week. I've been absolutely shattered with aches and pains everywhere Sad
snow report
Claude B, well it wouldn't do any harm to have a few days rest - maybe have some massage? No need to get straight onto your bike. Gotta be in good shape for the second half of your mini-season.
latest report
pam w, I'm just about to jump into a radox bath Happy Sunday looks the most probable for the first bike ride of the year.
snow conditions
Claude B, thinking about doing something similar next year ourselves to Serre Che. Seems stupid travelling down three times each winter, when once there and back would do. My ex-boss would never have agreed, which is why I have always just dismissed it as something we would have to do when we weren't working, but J's is much more flexible and more likely to agree.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hells Bells, Even with work I'd planned 7 weeks this year, 3 in January and 4 from mid March, I'd saved all my holiday for that. Finishing work though it just made sense to stay a couple more weeks until the end of the season. I'm already thinking about next winter's trip Happy

Are you around during late March/April? I'm determined to get over to SC during my 2nd trip.
ski holidays
Claude B, take it easy on the bike this weekend. Around here it's typical winter riding conditions (wet, slippery, cold, dark and lots of crud on the road).
ski holidays
dobby, Sunday looks as if it will be much brighter here. I've got a bit of tread on the winter bike and the hi vis jacket will get some use, it's still hanging on the back of the car seat after the France trip.
latest report
Claude B, thought you were heading out on the road bike.....
snow report
Claude B, we'll be there from 8th to 22nd March . Would normally be a week later, but potential off-piste bash means J wanted to be there earlier.
snow report
dobby, I've an older steel touring bike that I also use in the winter, kitted out much better with slightly wider tyres and mudguards. I used the road bike last winter but they're lethal aren't they.

Hells Bells, I'll be around your 2nd week.
ski holidays
Claude B, then you will have to come over.
snow report
Hells Bells, Yes, I'll send you a PM nearer the time Happy

I'm going to get over to ADH (which I know anyway) a couple of times and Col D'Ornon for an afternoon with Charlotte too. Not sure where else, season pass covers quite a few.
ski holidays
Claude B, Got Alpe du Grande Serre on the agenda too - lovely place to ski!! Very Happy
dobby, Err - been in LDA for 22 years now, and never lie about the conditions. However, I dont describe hardpack as ice!!
snow report
easiski, ?. Never said you do lie about the conditions, and I enjoy your snow blog a lot. The only time I'd describe hardpack as as is if I made an ass of myself falling over on hardpack.
snow report
easiski, Sounds good. So It will probably be a couple of days at ADH, Serre Chevalier, Col D'Ornon, Alpe du Grande Serre and either Montgenevre or Puy St Vincent Happy
ski holidays
I am back Happy Nice drive down and arrived about 4 yesterday. It's been very warm today although a strong wind kept things a little cooler in places. Cloud came over for a couple of hours but there was a sunny end to the day. I came down at 3 which was expensive as I spent the rest of the afternoon having new boots fitted. Will try to take some photos tomorrow.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy