Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

L2A Mini Season

Poster: A snowHead
Not too long now to Mini Season 2 Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Claude B, I'm sure the mountain walking and wild flower collecting will be lovely wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Nick D, Happy was thinking about taking a bike for the 2nd part but not the 1st Shocked No doubt see you about at some stage. Have a good Christmas Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Claude B, You too, see you up a mountain somewhere Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Je suis ici Very Happy Drove down from Laon today, some nasty weather (fog/rain) some of the way. Quiet on the roads, well the way I was heading anyway. Not very cold but still plenty of snow around in resort. Test the runs out tomorrow Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Claude B, Have a great time and keep us posted. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Claude B, Happy New Year. Hope we can meet up sometime again. I am out in February with kids, my daughter is now a part time snowboarder I am afraid, and at Easter but hope to get another short trip in as well if I can time it right. I had hoped to be doing an ADH "micro season" (about half what you do) but unfortunately it has not worked out, maybe next year......
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skitow, I'll be around at Easter look forward to meeting up again Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Claude B, have fun.... snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Claude B, Seconded Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Went up about 10 with fairly low expectations as there was a lot of cloud hanging around. As I got up a bit higher though I could see sun further up. Not easy to get up though due to various lift closures (wind/mechanical). Finally got up to 3200m but didn't hang around too long as the wind was biting. Nice skiing above Crete apart from one or two patches. There had been a little snow overnight which freshened things a little. Fairly quiet apart from pinch points caused largely by lift closures. I came down by lift soon after 2 (hurty knee) as none of the home runs were open, I suspect Valentine opened later though. A photo from Toura

https://flic.kr/p/pJu2jV had to put a link android won't let me embed
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lovely blue ski day today, no further snow. Great day skiing and knee felt a bit better. Link to a PIC up on the glacier.
https://flic.kr/p/qDPnwL
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Similar day to yesterday, wall to wall sunshine. Made it up to 3400m for the first time this week (link to photo below). Promised dump seems to be getting less daily Sad More snow would be very welcome.
https://flic.kr/p/qGHPt4
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks @Claude B, looks like you have the place to yourself Very Happy

Is the funicular open?

If so, is it better to se than the T bars?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@kiteman69, Usually but it wasn't this morning, don't know why. I always use it as I hate T bars, personal preference, its slower.

Popped to see a Pharmacist this morning who demanded I remove my trousers straight away. You don't get that in Boots wink Then charged me 35 Euros for a knee support and ibuprofen gel!

Only skied a couple of hours, more of the same really. Snow really badly needed, some pistes are really suffering. Just a sprinkle forecast now.
ski holidays
Cheers @Claude B,

God bless French pharmacies...... I had my pants pulled down once in BSM.

SPENT 20 euros buying stuff that cos pennies in asda.

Now we take boxes and boxes of paracetamol, ibuprofen and deflatine Embarassed Laughing Embarassed
latest report
Similar day but cannons running last night so Valentine was open today so I at least skied back to resort. Did make Fee today but very stony, shame as i love the resto there. If you're not the type who can't ski a run twice there's still plenty to ski. Link to photo back up Valentine from 2 thirds way down.
https://flic.kr/p/qJevuJ
latest report
Thanks @Claude B, just a quickie before we come at the weekend.

Which is the quietest lift to get up the mountain?

If we have to download what time should we do it by?

I dont like queuing at the best if times, and definitely not when its cold Skullie
snow report
@kiteman69, Depends where you are in resort I use Belle Etoile but from left to right facing the mountain Village (to Crete), Belle Etoile (to Crete), White Eggs (to Crete), Jandri (to Toura) and Diable (to Diable) all go up (and down). Jandri normally has the biggest queue but it's quiet here atm.

Short day today, flattish light but worse was how stony many of the pistes are getting now. Came back down Valentine again, dead quiet at 1.30. Lots of cloud up there now and there was a slight flurry of snow in resort. Desperately needed, lots forecast for next week. Poor photo from the glacier where they'd set up a long GS couses for some handy youngsters to race.

ski holidays
Not skiing today, had a little trip down to Venosc for lunch. Another blue sky day.
ski holidays
Bit of snow overnight freshened things up and it was very nice once the sun broke through late morning. Came back down Valentine and it was horrible carnage Shocked I won't bother if its like that tomorrow. Took this photo, known as a snow angel I think (can't embed).
https://flic.kr/p/qLgWBF
snow conditions
Reasonable day yesterday but went down Thuit blue with a local last thing, it scared the hell out of her, icy and narrow as hell Shocked Valentine looked better yesterday than the day before when it was frankly dangerous but I downloaded. No lifts open atm due to high winds. Resort is full of people aimlessly wandering around or drinking Smile
snow report
Been quite nice the last couple of days after a bit of snow a couple of nights ago. Coupled with a reasonable amount of sun too. Got very windy yesterday afternoon though and today everything is closed again ATM Pretty big dump forecast for tonight and temperatures plummeting.
latest report
@Claude B, Sounds the same over the valley, heading out next weekend if you fancy a day-trip?
ski holidays
@Nick D, Heading back then Embarassed See you at Easter though Very Happy
ski holidays
@Claude B, Blimey, short trip for you this time, maybe a blustery bike ride somewhere before Easter then Very Happy
latest report
@Nick D, Leaving it to the masses for the next few weeks then returning after the French holidays for the rest of the season Very Happy
snow conditions
Nice dump last night. About 20cm in resort and perhaps 40 or so further up. Visibility wasnt great though but I had a good 3 or 4 hours playing. 1st time my fatter skis have been out.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Claude B, glad you've had some nice snow at last... snowHead
latest report
@pam w, Thanks me too Smile
latest report
Yesterday was superb, all the new snow and sunshine too. It was very cold though about -11C without wind chill. Pretty busy too with the start of a new week and a lot of locals coming up from Grenoble.

A bit more snow overnight but pretty poor light for most of the day. I managed a few hours though, its snowing in resort now with more forecast tonight.

View from my balcony Saturday morning https://flic.kr/p/qQq85f
ski holidays
Quote:

a lot of locals coming up from Grenoble.

was the same here - I think yesterday was the first really good day for the traditional "Sunday lunch on the mountain".
latest report
@pam w, Right, the restaurants particularly were packed.
snow report
heading to les deux alpes the 24, would be interested to know any first hand reports during this week of the off-piste conditions
ski holidays
@ractys, Definitely getting better with recent snow covering more of the rocks. More venturing off, few were early last week. I've a bit of a dodgy knee and have largely stuck on.

Snowed all day today, quite wet in resort though. Went up with low expectations about 12 but had an enjoyable 4 hours, light wasn't too bad. Got cold higher later and patches of bad vis cropped up anywhere. On my way down Crete was bright but Valentine was very poor vis Shocked
snow report
Decent morning and early afternoon with a bit of sunshine until light snow and poor vis won though about 2.30. Diable Black back to resort is now open but it's not very pleasant, one run was enough. Pretty bare in places and snow was heavy going. Played around off piste this morning back down to resort and that was much more pleasant although well tracked
ski holidays
Gorgeous sunny day but very cold up high, kept the snow nice though. Pied Moutet opened today I believe but I missed it Embarassed Although I woke up with heavy legs I skied a lot from 10.30 to 4, feeling it now.
snow conditions
Not up today nursing a sore leg and leaving in the morning. Bright again but a fair bit of mist bubbling up from Venosc. Cold down here so will be very up there. PIC from yesterday
https://flic.kr/p/qTUAMV
snow report
Have a good trip back, @Claude B, snowHead
snow report
@pam w, Thanks, how's your season going?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy