Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

People you meet on holiday .....

Poster: A snowHead
I was just thinking to myself - i wonder how long i'll stay in touch with the poeple I met on holiday for?

I still speak to a couple of people I met 3 years ago - any one beat that? or is it "what goes on on holiday stays on holiday?"
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It depends I think. We've done the address swop thing and promptly never ever contacted them again.
Equally we met 2 couples in Ski school about 12 years ago and met them again purely by accident going to the same resort as us at the same time, the year after. We always swop cards and notes although we've never actually skiied with them again.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was sitting beside a guy on a flight to Denver a few years back. I was going to Breckenridge, he was going to Vail. He was name-dropping a friend of mine who lived in Vail, but I said nothing.
The next year I was flying out to Denver, and he ends up sitting beside me again. Later in the year I was skiing with my friend from Vail, and asked if he knew this guy. Turns out he had crashed on my friend's sofa for a week.
A year later I was over in England on business (I was living in Belfast at the time), I stayed on for a weekend, and went up to Milton Keynes to ski. And he was there. I've met him once since then.

Apart from that, yes, I have kept in touch with people I've met on holiday, but not that often
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We met some people about 10 years ago skiing in Gressoney in Italy. We ski with them every year and I'd say they were probably our closest friends, when we met we lived not so far from them in the UK. Now they come and ski with us and visit in the summer and we visit whenever we're in the UK. We probably speak on the phone a couple of time a month as well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
At the end of my last ski trip, someone send round an email list for us all to swop addresses & she has actually emailed a copy of it to all of us. I've swopped a couple of emails with one of the guys we skied with everyday, but only cos he filmed us skiing a lot & I want a copy of it!

I can't say I ever really stay in touch with anyone I've met on holiday, other than a girl from Selby I met when I was 13. We still send Christmas cards
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
While sitting on the plane at Gatwick my wife spotted two blokes we met in the same chalet the previous year. It turned out they were staying in the chalet next door. We skied a few times and met for dinner one night. Unfortunately didn’t get round to swapping details. We do keep an eye out for them at the airport though.

On another occasion while in the 3 valleys I spotted a trio I met the previous year, only had time to say hello really but incredibly bumped into them again two days later. (Of all the places in all the 3V and all that). We swapped mobile numbers and met up a few times later in the week. In addition while out with the wife one day on the last lift up, as she got off at station 2 b****r me they turn up again and get in the same gondola (what are the odds on that?) and had another hour skiing some runs they had sussed out earlier. Don’t talk much but on my birthday last November at Xscape in MK I got a call from them asking if we were up for a trip to Italy. Would have gone but were already committed with another group.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, they all live in the same village as myself, or in the nearby villages...tee hee
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Still keep in touch & visit with a friend that I met on holiday 18 years ago. Often find that I send Christmas Cards and notes for the first few years, then it peters out. We did became good friends with a couple staying in the same chalet in El Tarter last week though - hopefully we'll be meeting up with them again in the not too distant future! Bernie has promised, too, that she'll be popping in here to say "hello" soon....!!! snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I meet loads of people on holiday, but after an hour or so they stop talking to me and start fidgeting nervously. Then when I see them later they always seem to be in a rush and can't talk.

Even when I come home and stand outside their home at night waiting to talk to them I can never seem to catch their attention.

Some people are strange aren't they. Twisted Evil

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 1-04-04 17:27; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
marc gledhill, so it was YOU that Kramer was talking about!!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ahhh so it was you marc gledhill!! Can you stop it please- you're scaring the cat NehNeh
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
... and Bengal tigers don't scare easily!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
16 Years Exclamation Cos I married her Madeye-Smiley We met summer skiing in Tignes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marc gledhill, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well someone I met last week is here now - see how long they stay I suppose Wink
snow report
Met my wife on holiday in lauterbrunnen about 13 years ago Very Happy
snow report
Unless Marc is a slightly overweight, middle aged woman, then no it wasn't him. Or perhaps (s)he is using a pseudonym as well.

It's like circles within circles.
ski holidays
Kramer, IT'S YOU - wondered where you'd gone!

Twisted Evil
latest report
Still good friends with a number of people I've met on ski holidays: I'm now married to one of them and another was my best man.

I'm bak now, by the way, two weeks skiing then four days internet blackout (hone *and* work!) imposed by the fire in Manchester
ski holidays
nbt, thought you'd been quiet - where did you go ski=ing?

University internet connection held up but had to resort to dialup at home for a couple of days Shocked
snow report
Been to Fernie in Canada

ONly have dial-up at home - the phone line was down until around 9pm last night

I've just given u ptrying to catch up after 6 pages of the ski instructor thread:(
ski holidays
How was Fernie nbt, ?
ski holidays
Not nearly enough new snow Sad

We had a fab place to stay in, and there was good snow cover - some excellent spring skiing on the warmer days. They had snow then rain juts before we arrived so at first it was groomers only, but as the week progressed the off-piste opened u pbit by bit as it warmed up (and got rained on).

I'll be writing up a full report soon, and reviewing my Pocket rockets (in brief, excellent in the soft stuff but a bit too much on the hardpack, so I might be selling them if anyone's interested?)
latest report
Off to Serre Chevalier. meeting up with Lin and Chris Davison, as we are renting their apartment.
snow report
I've always wondered what people thought, after meeting me. Little Angel

Being in the Happy Valley, ya get to meet all kinds. FYI, the Brits are the most friendly. Blush

It's great when you really turn someone on. This year I'm riding the chair with some blokes @ the Big Show and they're all, "Where's the good turns mate?" So I'm like, "Dude. Follow me". Cool

Making turnz @ the Big Show, it's just all about timing -- getting to the stashes before your neighbor does -- and staying off the catwalks. So I take these blokes down one of my favorite lines and sure enough, it was milk. I showed 'em a few more great lines.

I can still see 'em grinnin ear to ear and I can hear 'em hootin and hollerin behind me. It was really fun to see them so happy. Hey man! At least somebody, got their money's worth! Smile

Yeah man. Tourists are fun to play with. Razz
snow report
SCSA said
Quote:

It's great when you really turn someone on.

I'll second that thought! Wink
snow report
Kramer wrote:
SCSA said
Quote:

It's great when you really turn someone on.

I'll second that thought! Wink
We're really sad. We don't have, as a couple, any friends that ski Sad
We started skiing last year - been 5 times, because we wanted to learn how to ski 'now' - plus we're 40+ and we thought we'd better make up for lost time. I guess it's because we're old...Although, we've just come back from Lech, where we met a lovely German man who I could have quite happily run off with!
ski holidays
erica, lots of people to ski with here. Why not make it six times and come out to Val Thorens for Easter?
(Time passes)
Quick search shows not much accomodation in Val T (none!), but you could get into Meribel or Les Menuires. Go on - you know you want to. snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think this is one of the best parts of on-line communities... Hook up here and stay in touch. Tell your friends about snowHeads, and you'll stay current.

Where are those business cards and stickers for the boards, U?! Twisted Evil
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy