Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best place to book to take 1 and 4year old?

Poster: A snowHead
Help! I am trying to find the best place to take my 1 year od daughter and 4 year old son skiing? Both me and my husband ski so need childcare, but it would be nice if my son could ski too this year.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
christine28, 4 yr old will be able to ski and lots of places will be able to assist.

Any thoughts on what country you want, whether you are happy to go DIY or want a package (in which case the answer is Ski Esprit or Mark Warner I believe), method of travel, catered/self-catering etc.

From a personal perspective - Vallandry. We booked through Touist Board there, self catered, booked little-un into Tom Pouce nursery directly, older ones went with ESF and us in afternoon. Nice family friendly resort. But if you want catered chalet with flights - probably non-starter!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski Esprit based purely on what I've read on here. Do a search and read through the posts and trip reports.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski famille in les Gets, worked for me.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
christine28, As far as I know creches/nurseries in France will not take children less than 18months old. Your best bet would be Ski Esprit and their most popular resort is La Rosiere in France.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Look at Espirit.
We've using them for our two (2yo and 4yo) for the fourth time this January, eldest skied (sort of) in their Spritelets ski class last year at 3.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tom Pouce in Vallandry take them from 1 according to website
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
christine28, if you are interested in Austria then possibly take a look at the various Kinderhotels accommodation.

http://www.kinderhotels.co.uk/index-en.html

Haven't used them myself but came across them in the past through work.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.snowbizz.co.uk can't go wrong with them with kids that age, just brilliant snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
christine28, espirit or ski famille are both good choices. If you can avoid French school holiday time. But be warned if the kids also get hooked you will never have any money again.......
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
christine28, +1 for Ski Esprit. Expensive, but worth it. Go out of school holidays, unless you are teachers..and go after Feb half term so it's sunny and warm - early March? 4 year old will have fun and should be able to ski, stop and turn a bit after a week, as long as he/she can follow instructions.
We enjoyed La Rosiere but also had fun with Esprit at La Plagne and Arc 2000 -however I would not recommend you try to stay too high as kids/babies don't always cope well with altitude.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This is our first snowboard / skiing trip with our 4 year old (over 4yrs since we've been! Crying or Very sad ) and we opted to go with Esprit in Les Gets, only cost us £1400 for the 2nd week in January. Luckily for us we don't need permission to take our lad out of school because legally he doesn't need to be there until he's 5.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Welcome to snowHeads Craig G. Nice 1st post snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ivor Shed wrote:
christine28, As far as I know creches/nurseries in France will not take children less than 18months old. Your best bet would be Ski Esprit and their most popular resort is La Rosiere in France.

This. From experience on several trips with Esprit to La Rosiere for similar reasons. The Chalet Braconnier is the place I would recommend - adjacent to slope so ski in/out, 50m or so from the enclosed children's learning area, 50m from the daytime childcare place. There are other options in this part of La Rosier that are also well-worth considering.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cacciatore wrote:
Welcome to snowHeads Craig G. Nice 1st post snowHead

Thank you Smile
ski holidays
Ivor Shed,
Quote:
As far as I know creches/nurseries in France will not take children less than 18months old. Your best bet would be Ski Esprit and their most popular resort is La Rosiere in France.

That is not the case in our local creche in Champagny. According to the website they will take children from 4 months to 6 years outside of the main French holidays (18 months to 6 years in peak holiday weeks) but I'm sure it is possible even during the holidays. We had a family staying in our apartment for an extended stay and they used the creche for their youngest even during the peak weeks.
I would imagine it depends on how busy they are and when you book.

More details here - http://www.champagny.com/en/winter-champagny/ski-champagny/ski-schools--sitraCOS404015--day-nursery-les-cabris.html#10
latest report
We put our 11 month old in creche with ESF (Piou Piou) in Les Menuires back in 2010. Many other creches seem to take little ones from 3 months old - so you chould check in the specific resort you're looking at.
ski holidays
Not that I've stayed there but the esprit hotel in courchevel http://www.espritski.com/resorts/courchevel-1850/ is well located as it's ski in ski out which gives you that peace of mind when you do need to get back ASAP and also just below the hotel is the jardin alpin area which is great for your 4 year old and has the added benefit of there being a few free drag lifts and travelators or the bus to take you back up to the hotel via the road.
ski holidays
gad wrote:
Not that I've stayed there but the esprit hotel in courchevel http://www.espritski.com/resorts/courchevel-1850/ is well located as it's ski in ski out which gives you that peace of mind when you do need to get back ASAP and also just below the hotel is the jardin alpin area which is great for your 4 year old and has the added benefit of there being a few free drag lifts and travelators or the bus to take you back up to the hotel via the road.

I can also recommend Esprit and have stayed with them in their Courchevel offering when our girls were 4 & 1. We all had a great time.
snow report
NickyJ, we've took our lad to the esprit hotel in val d'isere when he was 1 , courchevel when he was 4 , montgenevre when he was 4 and a bit older and we've now booked alpe d'huez and being able to ski back or virtually back is the one thing I'd recommend over anything else.
It just gives you that piece of mind when you're out.
ski holidays
Quote:
Best place to book to take 1 and 4 year old?
Do McDonalds do bookings these days Toofy Grin Puzzled.....
snow conditions
Has anyone used or heard of reviews of the Piou Piou creche situated in Les Menuires? We have booked our 8 momth old into the crech at La Croisette & cannot find any reviews anywhere! Thanks Smile
ski holidays
How about grandmas?
snow report
We found Ski Hillwood very, very good.

http://www.familyskiholidays.com/
ski holidays
A little impossible as all grandparents live in Australia & we are in the UK!
snow report
if you are not tied to school holidays and are flexible on resorts esprit seem to have pretty good last minut deals £1000-1200 for family of 4. there are add ons for child care but even so reasonable prices.
snow report
We have already booked everything independently, wish I had looked into the family packages more though! I guess we are going to stick with the ESF & hope they are ok.
snow report
Bob wrote:
We found Ski Hillwood very, very good.

http://www.familyskiholidays.com/

I would endorse that. We had several excellent holidays with them in Zauchensee where no.1 son learnt to ski, starting at age 4 and going through to red run standard by age 7. Super hotel hard by the piste and great child care for our daughter who was just 4 months old the first time we went. Kids evening club was very good too.

Last trip with them was Jan 2008 and we only really moved on because Zauchensee was getting a bit boring.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy