Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - winter 2005-06

Poster: A snowHead
Wow big snow Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski, Its starting to look good, only 32 days to go snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski

Oh yes! thank you proper pics of proper snow Oh Yes!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Since I took the photos it's been snowing hard. We must have more than 35 cms int he town now. It's stopped for the minute, but I think we'll get more. Laughing Laughing Laughing
THIS IS A BIG DUMP
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski, No need to rub it in !
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, enjoy snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cool!!! Do you reckon they'll get most slopes open then!!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, how big was your dump last night ?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Paul Mason, Shocked We had about 45 cms in the town (but I didn't measure it - well up to my knees though). It was fairly dodgy weather today and the jandri Express was running up to the glacier, the Cretes lifts and the white eggs and village chair. Therefore you could ski all the way down without problems. There are still some holes in some parts of some pistes, but the snow quality is good. A lot of the Grenobloise were just using the Village chair and ski-ing the face. There were a number of people on the Cretes, but only one other lesson that I saw. Lutins and Cote Brun were running in the town.

I skied back down by Posettes (the red/black in between the legs of the chemain des Desmoiselles) and the snow on the top was good, but heavy - very deep. On the last section it was heavier as it's almost into the town - still skiable although well tracked by 15.00. At this point the wind's getting up and it looks as though there's some big weather coming in. It's forecast to snow more heavily tonight and then on an off for the next few days.

considering it's only 4th December I think the deep snow is excellent. Sorry I didn't take the camera, but it didn't look like photo weather this morning (and I was right)! Very Happy Very Happy

srobbo, I can't win can I? If I don't tell you guys you want to know and if I do ...................
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bl**dy hell, Charlotte..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Fill your boots as they say.....

Sounds great.....!! how much leave have I got left...??
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JT, With your work pattern you should be able to swing something. Get Cedric and Ski together (you should all be good ski companions - similar levels) and drie down overnight... This is too good to miss.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JT see my thread in Trips - anyone for 17/18 Dec.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, sounds excellent - hope you get some decent skiing in for yourself before your clients start taking up all your time Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We (myself 44 yr old and daughter, 11 yr old) will be in L2A from 17th -24th December and will be staying at Club Hotel Brunerie.

We have not booked lessons yet but your rates look good.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
takingthepiste, Easiski's tuition is first-class too!
snow report
Hi Charlotte

We will be in L2A from 17th-24th Dec, staying at Club Hotel Brunerie ( Crystal).

Your rates look good.
snow report
Hi Helen
Have you used her school?
snow conditions
takingthepiste, yes, for a Summer lesson on the glacier.
snow conditions
easiski, Cedric,

I'll give that some thought as I haven't organised all my trips yet... I need to know if my Swiss trip is on at the mo'

Looking to do LDA some time this year for sure
latest report
JT, I was impressed by LDA, looking at all the 'dry' runs etc from the lift and imagining them on skis ! It is on my list of places to visit again this year. I havnt organised any trips yet other than the EOSB.
snow report
takingthepiste, I can also recommend the lessons with easiski. I would get in quick though - I have also passed on her details to a lad I work with.
ski holidays
lampbus,

Yep, you have want to see the area in snow so I am planning to go late feb. I need a couple of things to fall into place
but I want to have a look at LG and one of two other routes...
ski holidays
takingthepiste, At present I have a little time left that week but a french family have first dibs on it. I don't think they'll take it up though, but can't be sure. Send me a PM or email me from the website for more info.

Paul Mason, Helen Beaumont, thanks for the kind words!

JT, Cedric may well be here! You two would be great ski-ing companions - he skis well up to (or above) DM's level.

lampbus, Nick Zotov's coming out end Jan for a wek of off piste (assuming good snow) and high end stuff if you're interested. Good friends of mine here at that time too. Great fun!

rob@rar.org.uk, I'm full this week!!!!!

TODAY: Wow Not brilliant weather and the vis was in and out, but the powder (about knee deep) on the glacier was probably the best snow I've skied for YEARS!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It's just tipping it down. They're trying to open more and more lifts - there are some issues with the wind blowing snow off the ridges last Friday, but what's open is stupendous! The face is excellent, but getting well tracked. However, so much snow is falling that it's fresh each day. What's not open is also pretty good (skied down the Breche this pm which is closed - sshhh don't tell the pisteurs). Ok a good few rocks around, but no major damage. Laughing Laughing Laughing

ps: now I've sold my Scratch's I find that the Zags are humungously expensive Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
The sun came out today - it wasn't expected, but what a lovely treat. The pisted snow was as good as it gets, it had snowed a fair bit after we came off the mountain yesterday and the powder was still powder. I got some photos .......... The only problem is that it gets dark too early! Twisted Evil More weather was coming in from behind La Muzelle as we came down, so it looks as if we'll get more snow. It's coming from the SW which is good for us.
latest report
easiski,

Looks fab but I can't get out yet... Sad Sad Sad

But will defo' get out late feb if we can tie all the bods together...and am working on it..
latest report
Great pictures
Feb. half term week can't come around quick enough for me now.

I need a snow fix!!!
latest report
easiski, end of Jan sounds good. Would this be around the 21st to 28th week ?
snow report
lampbus, Yes. Nick's flying into GVA on Sat. Deb and Andy are soming Sat for 2 weeks. The 3 ski-ing together for that week. One place spare if you fancy it. Very Happy

Conditions today were much better than expected. The snow stopped around 10.00, and the sun came out. The piste conditions on the glacier are still fab, and the snow quality is great lower down, but there are rocks around. Several of the runs have been prepared, but are officially closed. However, they leave a nice gap to go round the signs, and the pisteurs are not telling us off for going there. I think it's a liability thing. If the run is closed and someone head buts a rock the lift company/resort are not liable are they???? Lots of people around. Lots of powder, but some of the untracked is now in well dodgy places with about 18" of fluffy champagne powder hiding hideous rocks!! Sad We found a fair bit though.

I did a lot of damage to my Fischers today,Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad so they've been taken to hospital and I've bought a pair of S/H Head monsters for temp use. Very Happy

Heavy snow is forecast for tomorrow morning and then light snow/snow showers for the rest of the week. We need about another 50-75 cms to hide all the rocks and officially open all the pistes, but hey ............. it's still 3 weeks till Xmas. Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, excellent stuff!!
Looking forward to tomorrow! Very Happy
snow report
It really did snow heavily today, all day. it's stopped for a bit now here in the village. We had very poor visibility apart from the very bottom in the afternoon. However it was one of those 25 cms of powder on the piste days, so the rotten vis and miserable weather were well worth it. Very Happy I almost got lost bringing my guys down a run without piste markers - but serious snow on the piste made the adventure worth while. I don't know whether they thought so!!!!

We're hoping for a super day tomorrow (it's supposed to clear a bit), but unfortunately theyre also forecasting high winds which could ruin the powder. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Good news on the pistes though, nearly all of the rocks are now covered, and more pistes are being opened all the time. snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Quote:

We're hoping for a super day tomorrow (it's supposed to clear a bit), but unfortunately theyre also forecasting high winds which could ruin the powder.

The ever-trustworthy (not) Snow-Forecast are saying 20mph north easterlies tomorrow. Surely that won't crust too much up in the sheltered areas, although the exposed places will be trashed??

The skis are waxed, the insurance is paid, the luggage is packed - Deep Joy.
snow report
easiski, conditions seem to get better all the time. Looking forward to my 4 days there from next Monday and meeting you Tues pm for a couple of hours of showing me how it should be done!

Kevin
ski holidays
Yum yum. Keep doing the snow dance - or whatever you're doing, easiski, Very Happy
latest report
paulmck, One of the locals told me 50-60 kph. I hope Snow-forecast are right. Very Happy
KevHead, At any rate you should get almost full opening. Laughing Laughing Laughing

You two must also meet up.

Nick Zotov, Too early to be confident but fingers crossed. Very Happy
snow conditions
KevHead, easiski, of course - we'll sort something out for monday. Where do we go drinking now Mr Mezzanine has blown town?
snow conditions
paulmck, Back to Smokey Joes or Board Room (Boom Boom)! Windsor's too noisy. Could use the Club I suppose.
snow report
paulmck, easiski, Hannah was hugely disappointed to hear that Matt's mastiff had blown town as well. Wasn't so bothered about his owner!
ski holidays
paulmck, easiski, I will be arriving around 1500 Monday so great to meet up for a drink that night - after dinner. I am staying at Hotel Pied Moutet. Smokey Joes sounds good. Charlotte has my mobile number. My non skiing mate will be there - has not been in a ski resort before so will be an experience - he is a flying instructor and examiner and is always good for a story or three.

Kevin
latest report
PG, We all miss Metz - even if he wasn't very well behaved!

The wind on the glacier was 54kph early this morning, but it was fine at lower levels. It snowed still more in the night, and the Toura piste had about 5cms fresh on top of the pisting from last night. Just off it about 20-30 cms. Booooootiful powder. We didn't manage to ski Bellecombe which looked fantastic, but did have some very deep stuff on the Bellecombe side of the Grand Nord. We then went up to the top of the Cretes, and skied down by Petit Diable and Diable. These were officially closed, and parts were very well tracked, but the snow was great. We mostly stayed in the powder to the left of where the piste normally is and were able to turn in virgin snow all the way down.

Some sestrugi (sp?) is showing it's pretty head, but really not bad yet. More snow forecast, but the pix would look identical to the last ones, so just look at them! Laughing Laughing

Lucky lesson people this week to have daily powder!! Cool Cool
snow report
I didn't ski yesterday, but here are some pix from around the town. More on www.easiski.com/Snow_Diary Very Happy Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy