Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2013 / 2014

Poster: A snowHead
WellingtonBoot wrote:
thefatcontroller, Ok... i will try to relax. I find it difficult right before ski trips - desire for everything to be perfect mixed with childish excitement. Of course, I haven't had a trip featuring serious problems, and most problems are minor once I'm there and skiing...

I know they are prepared for heavy snow. I just read a whole string of reports a couple of hours ago talking about Arc 2000 getting cut off and how all the lifts close in bad weather. I am surprised to hear that though - I was in Val Thorens for 3 days of consecutive heavy snowfall, totalling a metre, once and very little was ever shut despite the white out and the lack of trees. Are you going to Arc 2000 too? Have you been before? Any words of advice / hot tips / other reassuring and helpful tidbits?

We own a place in 2000 so been there plenty. We are there next week yes. 2000 and 1950 are in a bowl and the issue occurs in heavy snow that the links out of the bowl can get closed and if they do its not often for long. Looking at the now settled forecast for next week Saturday night seems the worst which is perfect.

As for advice, just enjoy yourself. The forecast is making next week look awesome, can't wait myself.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow was very mixed today though some nice turns to be had. Could use the top up coming tomorrow.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looking forward to a 10pm drive up to 2000 tonight. Memo to self, must pick up snow chains with hire car in Geneva. Shocked
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller, Snowing hard now - drive carefully!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
genepi, In Peisey? In Bristol airport. Snowing down in Peisey? Boards and skis both have temp waxes in. Need to decide in morning which I prepare. Think it will be boards. How epic is this week looking.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
thefatcontroller, Snowing hard still in Plan Peisey, & very hard, I'm told, In Arcs 2000 Horrible sticky snow down here though
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
genepi, Cool. Boarding now so let's see what the evening brings
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just arrived 2000. They gave us upgrade of car in Geneva and swore blind we would not need snow chains with this car as it was a Subaru 4 x 4. Nearly didn't get here. Couldn't tell piste and road apart by the time we were at Pre Saint. Lord what a drive. Cant wait for tomorrow. It started snowing about 1400m but still chucking down.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
8am in here in Arcs 2000 and still snowing. Of to get milk, need coffee.....Always nice to be woken by the sound of blasting.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The morning view in Arc 2000. Snowing lightly still
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Save some for us! (It's looking fabulous)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And us! Very Happy - keep posting the photos.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In early, very tired after drive yesterday. Been boarding all day. Over to 1600 and 1800. Still chucking it down in 2000, hasn't stopped. The snow line seems to be abut 1600. Amazing conditions. Very poor visibility at times.

Looking up from Transarc

Arc 1950 at lunchtime. Not bad for March
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Still chucking it down in 2000. Over 24 hours now. Glorious Cool
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Two more weeks to go - this looks more like it - we were starting to get a bit worried
ski holidays
Still snowing in 2000 rolling eyes Laughing Laughing

A few other boring bits from today. Not sure if it was our imagination but there seemed to be some nutter skiers around today? Maybe it was certain slopes were much busier as visibility was so poor higher up? Anyway we stayed boarding through lunch today as it was so much quieter. I do love the French and their love of long lunches.

For the geeks. I wasn't sure what the weather would be like this week so in January I just put a temporary wax on when we left. Being lazy today and thinking of Janaury I went for a cold wax. Not sure it was that effective as it is wetish powder so I am going for the warmer weather wax tomorrow. Oh what an exciting life I lead Embarassed Embarassed
snow report
Right, its a good night from me. Still snowing in 2000
snow conditions
Guess what. 7am here in 2000 and still snowing heavy Shocked

We were thinking of heading to La Plagne today but we will stay local on our boards. One can get sick of powder one can Toofy Grin
snow report
Bit of blasting now going on and some bashing. Some pics for you.

Looking over towards the free lift ot 1950 from the balcony.

and a panorama of the 2000. Some blue sky to the far right?
ski holidays
It nearly stopped snowing a while back in 2000 but now chucking it down again Laughing

Have a good day in work everyone. Madeye-Smiley
snow report

My bread run this morning Toofy Grin

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 24-03-14 9:56; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
thefatcontroller - lovely to see the photos. I'm very envious of you having all that powder to ski/board in. Is that the ESF Arc 2000 meeting point at the top of the cabriolet lift?
Hope it is and we won't have too far to walk in our ski boots!

This thread is not displaying properly on my computer..part of it is lost off the right of the screen- I can not access all the smiley faces or edit text.
Does anyone know why this happens?

I was supposed to be at work today but daughter is unwell so will have to have a look at the webcams instead Toofy Grin
latest report
A day of a little sunshine and more snow Laughing 4pm in Arc 2000 and stated snowing quite heavy again. More later, going down to Bourg shopping.

For the geeks, as a Brazilian lady once told me, the wrong wax isn't good. Toofy Grin The change today form cold to milder spring wax made a big difference, made us look good boarders as we coasted along the flat bits with others going nowhere.
latest report
A day of many temperatures and weather conditions. Cloud, fog, heavy snow and sunshine and that was only Arc 2000!

Set of went down to Vallandry, lovely conditions, went up Grizzly and conditions closed in. Stopped for coffee and boarded over to 1800 and went up Vagere. Horrible fog and white out at the top. Went down to 1600 and did Mont Blanc. It was lovely. Then back into the 2000 bowl, had some fun and went in as we wanted to go down to Bourg as we had a hire car.

Not snowing tonight in 2000 but much colder. Car was saying -9 at 7pm when we got back.

The view from the top of the restaurant below Grizzly about 11. Weather closing in, Peisey should be visible below.

Cachette run, looking down into Arc 1600 in the beautiful quietness of French lunchtime about 12.30
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, If you had to stick your neck out, would you say it's looking good for us arriving in two weeks time?
latest report
snowymum,
There's also an ESF in 1950, (run by the same manager as the 2000 mob) so you may have even less distance to walk.
snow report
Hywel, Impossible to say but seen the pace looking worse in January. There is a lot of snow here.

Morning all. Sun shining and it hasn't snowed overnight Shocked

Off to La Plagne today. Skis on today. Looks lovely out there. Ski waxed, porridge cooking, once thats eaten need to scrape the skis and ready to go. Lunch in La Roche or make baguette to go, decisions, decisions...
ski holidays
Away earlyish today as of to La Plagne. Down to Marmotte, up Arcabuelle and then flew down to Peisey. The run from top of Transarc to Peisey is great fun this morning and in wonderful condition. The snow is holding beautifully down to Peisey. Across Vanoise, decided to skip the run to Montchavin, so across to Les Coches, and sat on some very cold lift before we got a ski to Belle Plagne. Took the short cut onto the Roche bubble, did Inversions and then stopped fro a coffee at the place at the top of Inversions and Les Sources. We always stop there for coffee. Then did Les Sources (the icy wall of death was in great condition, sadly ) Sad Laughing ). Back to Plagne Bellecote and down to 1800 and then up a lift and a quick ski down to La Roche. Made our way back to Vanoise but stopped for a sandwich on the side of Pierre Blanche. Took this photo. Gives a great idea of conditions Peisey/Vallnadry side. Snow La Plagne was in fabulous condition.

You can see snow lined trees the whole way down. Peisey bottom middle, Vallandry slightly left and middle upper left Arc 1800. Not bad for end of March.

Back over the Vanoise and acorss to Transarc via Derby, took Plagnette from top of Transarc and stopped in doughnut for a Vin Chaud. In then, we were a bit tired. the sun was out a lot today but still very, very cold. This is great as it is protecting the snow. We skied today, so nice to get on skis after a few days boarding, makes you realise how much easier or less tiring skiing is. However snowow forecast tonight and tomorrow so can see us boarding then

Bath, beer and shopping now.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 26-03-14 7:30; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thefatcontroller - lovely pics (have seen the ones you took on la plagne thread too).

Arctic Roll - thanks for the tip on the ESF meeting point in Arc 1950. Have changed the booking to there. 10 mins exta in bed. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
These pics are EXCELLENT! The snow looks brilliant! can't wait to get out in Easter!
snow conditions
anyone staying Easter weekend? im going to be in Vallandry from Easter Saturday until the Monday evening
snow conditions
Just started snowing lightly in Arc 2000 Madeye-Smiley Cool
snow conditions
Very light dusting over night, looks nice out there. Tired today, will board but not venturing too far. Can see a late start on the cards.
ski holidays
Not much to report today as we didn't do much. it was sunny and warm in the morning, the afternoon, not so sure as I fell asleep Embarassed Embarassed

In the morning we went down to 1800, stopped for coffee in the new restaurant and pottered around 1800, via Vagere lift. Made the mistake today of going on the Chantel lift, slowwww. Got back into the apartment for a late lunch, and then decided not to head back out. Good to take a break. Conditions are still great. The snow is holding up great. Some photos.

Looking over towards the new 'Edenarc' development in Arc 1800, taken from the balcony of the new restaurant above 1800

From the same location looking over towards La Plagne and Montchavin. Note the still very low snow line.

The building of a half pipe in 1800. Must be something on next week. Taken while on the Vagere lift. Dangerous game messing with cameras on lifts

After lifts closed looking up from 2000 towards transarc
latest report
thefatcontroller, Lovely photos Very Happy
ski holidays
Morning all. supposed to have snowed in Arc 2000 but not a flake overnight. Sun shining. Neck hurts, let my edge slip while not concentrating on my board and went down hard on my backside, jolting my neck. Maybe next year we will do beach holidays?
ski holidays
genepi, Thanks, not bad for an iPhone?
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, Are you able to make them a bit smaller though? Completely mess the screen width Confused Sorry about your neck - maybe call the 'Massage Me' girls in

http://www.massage-me.co.uk/index.html

They are brilliant! Can't imagine you on a beach somehow... Laughing
snow report
Very late start today, combination of sore neck and series 2 of House of Cards Cool . Very relaxing morning. Got to 11.30 and we decided to have very early lunch, watch the ski schools come in and head out skiing. 12.05 went out, straight to Varet lift, empty, and straight of and onto the waiting lift to glacier. God I do lover the French and their love of lunch!

Did a tuck at the top of the glacier and bombed down to Comborciere lift via arondolles run. 4,000+ feet of descent in the blink of an eye. Snow was stunning. Up comborciere lift and did Malgovert. it was nuts. Back up Cachette and did Arolles. Snow around 1600 was superb even by 1pm, no real sign of spring snow. Back up Cachette and then headed across to the lift that takes you back up to Comborciere run. Did Comborciere, christ is long and steep, wasn't too bumpy. Back inot bowl vai pre-Saint chair. Quick scoot up Arcabuelle and over to the Grand Col for some more bumps via the Refuge run. Stopped for beer in the doughnut and decided to do Bois De L@ours to finish day. Bit of a mistake as it was icy as hell and moguls the size of houses. Still, nice end to the day. We weren't out long but we covered a lot of ground and did a lot of skiing and way too many bumps.

Sun out but still quite cold so keeping the snow in good nick.
The wife 1/2 way down Comborcere. Its steep.

The bowl taken from Bois De L'Ours run

Arc 1950 and 2000 taken from the Bois De L'Ours run.
ski holidays
Fabulous stuff, keep the piccy's coming! Just another 8 days to wait...

(PS I can see my house in your 1950 shot - bottom right, block nearest the lifts, we overlook the hot tub. Gawd I can almost smell it... I'm a comin' home mamma!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy