Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2013 / 2014

Poster: A snowHead
Light to occasional moderate snow since about 10am. Not a huge amount has fallen so far, perhaps 10cm, and it has currently stopped snowing. Hope it restarts as this will barely refresh the pistes.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very mixed conditions in Les Arcs now with a little fresh snow, but so far not enough to change a great deal as rob has suggested. Fingers crossed for more. Rob, how long are you around for?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looking out of my window now there does not appear to have been much more snow overnight but it is snowing lightly again now.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi All
Staying at my families place in Arc 2000 between Jan 6-11th, looking for a ski buddy / buddies.
I know the area well and I'm a good skier.
I'm 36 yo and from Ireland.
Anyone about that week ?
Dave
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Big flakes of wet snow are falling in Peisey at the moment. Hopefully it will be decent snow higher up!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Been snowing at Arc 2000 on and off all day, as the clouds shift around.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowcrazy wrote:
Rob, how long are you around for?
For another week. Jane arrives tomorrow, and as I've not seen her for the best part of a month I guess I'll be skiing from hot chocolate to hot chocolate for the next week Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The light was generally poor today, although skimottaret and I took advantage of a gap in the cloud to get a run down from the top of the Aiguille Rouge. We had a bit more snow during the day, but not more than a centimetre or two I'd say. Piste conditions are refreshed and should be good for a few more days, but we've not received as much snow as was forecast. I doubt that it will made a big difference to off-piste conditions, although avy rating was increased from 1 to 2 as a result of the new snow.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The official Snow depths for Les Arcs arrived earlier. Hope there is more snow as promised or it could get very patchy soon.

Alt. 1620 20 cm
Alt. 2040 55 cm
Alt. 2400 70 cm
Alt. 3000 88 cm

This time last year there was over 100cm at Alt. 1620

For those that are wondering how they get these measurements. They have a machine that does this in various fenced off areas.

More details to follow later. Time for bed.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Twas nice today.

More photos on my FB album for anyone interested.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar, Stunning Cool Only 3 weeks to go for us.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nice day but the snow was pretty poor on paste this afternoon. Nice groomed snow this morning but had much more fun yesterday in poor vis. Just TOO warm for this time of year and the freezing level Will remain at about 2000m this week! It's like the end of season. Went to La Plagne and was even worse piste conditions. Need to get the p-tex out there were so many stones and rocks on piste
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
All photos of the opening week at Les Arcs and La Plagne are now posted on my facebook page. Take a look if you are interested.

Here is a copy of this week's 'Weekly Update' from my facebook page. This will be updated when necessary, but gives you a good guide of current conditions. Hope this helps with your planning.

2013 - 2014 SEASON Weekly UPDATE : 22 -29 December 2013.

WEATHER CONDITIONS : WHAT IT IS LIKE OUTSIDE : ( Meteo France, Bourg at 8am on Sunday.)
This week should see mainly sunny periods for the first few days, temperatures remaining around freezing and light winds slowly increasing from the SW to SSE. Becoming strong by Wednesday/Thursday. There is expected to be some snowfall (up to between 15cm - 20cm possible) between Tuesday afternoon and Friday morning with sunny spells returning over next weekend. The freezing level is likely to be around 1800m dropping to 1400m. The snowline may drop to 800m for a short time, Temperatures expected, Min - 9 to Max + 1 during the week. The wind chill is likely to make it feel colder during the middle of the week, with the wind dropping considerably by Friday.

SLOPE CONDITIONS: (Info ADS slope analysis at 8am on Sunday.)
Altitude 1620/1800 m 2040 m 2400 m 3000 m
Depth of snow: 20 cm 55 cm 70 cm 75 cm
Temperature -0.4 , -1.1 , -1.1, -2.5 ,
Avalanche Risk: (1 to 5): 1 limited risk
Last Snowfall : 13 cm - Thursday 19 December 2013

The pistes are in a reasonable condition for this time of year. The fresh snow has helped to cover the thinner patches and a good base has formed on the higher runs. If the temperatures stay cold the fresh snow should consolidate and bond well. More snow is forecast for later in the week which should help improve the pistes everywhere. The off piste is still very mixed with pockets of fresh soft snow mixed in with heavier wet snow lower down and hard refrozen crud in many places. There is still some wind slab around and great care should be taken on any steeper areas despite the current low avalanche risk level. Be very aware of pockets of unstable snow off piste which are difficult to anticipate.

RECOMMENDED Pistes: (Info Security de Piste at 8am on Sunday. This changes daily, check notices by lifts.)
SECTEUR 1600 : MONT BLANC
SECTEUR 1800 : GRANDS MELEZES
SECTEUR 2000 : VALLEE DE L'ARC
SECTEUR PEISEY-VALLANDRY : RENARD

LIFT OPENINGS this week: (Info ADS Lift Company at 8am on Sunday.This changes daily, check with lifts depending on conditions.)
SECTEUR PEISEY-VALLANDRY : All Open except TK COMBE
SECTEUR 1600 : All Open except TK SNOWPARK / VEZAILLE / MILLERETTE / TOMMELET /
SECTEUR 1800 : All Open.
SECTEUR 2000 : All Open except FLAMME OLYMPIQUE
SECTEUR VILLAROGER : All Open.

LINKS this week: (Info ADS lift Company at 8am on Sunday. This changes daily, check with lifts depending on conditions.)
AIGUILLE ROUGE : Open
TRANSARC 1 : Open TRANSARC 2 : Open
LIAISON ARCS 1800 VERS ARCS 2000 : Open
LIAISON ARCS 2000/VILLAROGER : Open
VANOISE EXPRESS : Ipen
LIAISON MONTCHAVIN-LA PLAGNE : Open

NEWS for the week : (Info by ADS lift company at 8am on Sunday. )
The SNOWPARC in Les ARCS 1600 is now OPEN!
The Sledge track in ARC 2000 " RODEO PARK" is also open.
Whatever your level of skiing do not hesitate to climb in altitude and discover the sectors other than where you live . You will always find a blue piste down (except Grand col and L'Aiguille Rouge ) which will allow you to discover the diversity of the ski area.

COUNCIL SAFETY / SECURITY ADVICE : (Info Security de Piste.)
Observe all signs posted by the Security de Piste. A helmet is Strongly Recommended . Caution in all Circumstances, remain able to control your speed and stopping distance. Stay on the open pistes. FOLLOW THE SIGNS , RESPECT NATURE .

Have a good holiday!

http://www.polairestar.com/

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sun 22-12-13 20:09; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey there fellow SH's... myself and the Mrs are out in 2000 from sun 12 jan for a week .. last min kinda deal for us....
If anybody wants to meet up for a ski give us a shout
we pretty much ski anything, dont mind cruising up the miles
Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hey Guys
I'll be in Arc 2000 between Monday Jan 6th and the 11th, if anyone is around and fancies meeting up for a ski.
I know the area pretty well.....
Dave
latest report
rob@rar, Lovely pics! 3 weeks to go for us Smile
ski holidays
Skiing on piste is ok, few stones to be aware of. Can mess around between trees but be carefull, I smacked a rock big time..

Is more like so ring skiing at mo
snow report
Snowing at the moment, which is nice but unexpected Happy
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
Snowing at the moment, which is nice but unexpected Happy

Very nice indeed Very Happy Especially as its at night, and will have hopefully stopped by the morning!
snow report
You just made me get out of bed to go and have a look!! Not sure about this hoping it stops snowing lark.... There needs to be lots and lots more of the stuff and your wish appears to have already come true.... Must have been a few flakes around 6ish as wasn't snowing when I was out at 530 and doesn't look to be now! Reckon I would gladly ski with poor vis for a day if there was some better coverage on slopes. Mind you was good fun in soft stuff at the side this afternoon... And well... Any snow is better than none!
latest report
Should snow for two days in a row on 25th and 26th and then again on 28th. Almost entire first week of jan as well. fingers crossed snowHead

Forecast -> http://www.7timer.com/index.php?product=civil&lon=6.833&lat=45.572&lang=en&ac=0&unit=metric&tzshift=0&site=
ski holidays
Well I have not got my wish, its morning and still snowing, then again its not daylight yet and I can`t see if much has fallen overnight. I recognise a lot more snow is needed, it is however ideal when snow falls during night time and the sun shines during the day Smile I need to be able so see where bumps and stuff are these days to warn my knees and hips in advance! Laughing
snow conditions
Nothing of note down in Vallandry, more sleet than snow last night.

No snow here at moment
snow report
About 2 or 3cm here overnight at 1800m, so just a dusting. Snow line seems to be about 1650m so just above Vallandry Boris. Piste conditions above 1800m are generally OK, except for busy intersections where the snow is often quite polished. Didn't ski below that yesterday, but last week runs down to Vallandry and 1600 were also OK except for the last few hundred metres where they were quite icy.
ski holidays
Looking a lot more promising in the next couple of weeks. I am in la plagne for a week then les arc ( have a pass for paradaski) from the 11th. Looking a bit more promising. Got around two and a half weeks, hoping for heavy snow between now and then.
snow conditions
rob@rar What area is on this photo you posted? THANKS

snow conditions
Tom W, Looks like the view from the top of Bois de l'ours / arpette with the bottom of Arcabulle on the left side of the image. So basically the Arcs 2000 area.
snow report
Runs into Peisey and Vallandry both ok as snow soft rather than icy. Fresh snow certainly freshened up all the runs.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tom W, it is as ArseCaptain said. Taken near the top of the Bois de l'Ours chairlift looking at the top of the Arc 2000 valley.
ski holidays
ArseCaptain, rob@rar, Thanks. Looks great, like lots of runs with very little lifts Wink
snow report
Another lovely day. Starting off with a bit of high cloud and an inch or two of fresh snow from last night, but gradually cleared to blue sky, no wind and pleasant temperatures. Piste conditions OK with some exceptions (thin, icy snow, and some places with lots of stones poking through), but the snow that is forecast this week will be welcomed.

latest report
Snow was badly cut up in places by the end of today in Arc 2000, with bits of rock showing through. My guys skied over to La Plagne and to Champery? Of all the ground they covered today they say the snow at the top, Aguille Rouge, is still the best.

Super photos rob@rar
snow conditions
Went out this afternoon and the snow was dire in places, scraped away to solid snow with plenty of stones. Noticeably busier as well. But there was at least some nice weather. I'll post some pictures in my Peisey thread later on.
latest report
A few grey ugly clouds begining to appear on the web cams. Yeah Cool
ski holidays
Was beautiful on the slopes above Arc 2000 this morning, it is cloudy now though and scheduled to snow tonight.
ski holidays
Day started really nicely, with blue sky, mild temperatures and just the odd bit of high cloud.

Despite the lack of snow this month piste conditions are OK in many places

With even occasional pitches of piste-side fresh snow to make tracks in

By lunchtime the clouds started to roll in from the south west. Signs of snow, we hope...

If you are heading to the Comborciere lift take a small detour to see the dog sled team there (follow the sound of barking). Lovely creatures!
ski holidays
Christmas Eve activities are taking place, with the arrival of Santa, the torchlit descent and fireworks. A lovely way to begin the Christmas celebrations. All we need now is for it to start snowing (which apparently it's doing along the valley in Val d'Isere but not here yet).

ski holidays
Yep Santa has been to Vallandry

Snow would be nice, but is too warm and no clouds so think is very doubtful before the weekend
snow report
First few flakes of snow have begun to fall at 1800m, which I think is exactly as forecast. Very mild though, +4 degrees, but it's due to get colder as the day goes on. Hopefully this is the beginning of the snowfall rather than just a few wispy flakes.
snow conditions
rob@rar, Cool Have a good Xmas
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy