Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2013/2014: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
First significant snow today, down to about 2100m, a decent-ish covering on all the main peaks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snow showing on the webcam at 1850, only a light dusting but still there. No doubt be gone soon, but saulire looks nice with some snow on it, looks almost skiable.... i wish.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hot today .. summer has returned
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A dusting of snow due on Thursday Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very good link to what's new in 3V. Great read.
(not yet completed but apparently will be by the end of this week).

http://www.latania.co.uk/photos/2014/info/new2014/index.html
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A little more overnight, snowline at about 1200m. Some of the higher peaks looking brilliantly white
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tom W,

Interesting read - thank you for posting it!

Orelle just got a whole lot better from the looks of things.
Who will be the first intrepid snowHead to try out the zip-wire??
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers for posting, really interesting! Doesn't surprise me that they've changed the lifts up to the Folie Douce so beginners and non-skiers can party.

So are you supposed to ride the zip-wire with your ski's on??
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Handy Turnip, I can only think that the zip wire thing was posted on 1 April. rolling eyes

The new Peyron will make a big difference although it will act as a bit more of a magnet to take people to Orelle which is not necessarily good news !!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
alti - dude wrote:
Handy Turnip, I can only think that the zip wire thing was posted on 1 April. rolling eyes

The new Peyron will make a big difference although it will act as a bit more of a magnet to take people to Orelle which is not necessarily good news !!

You must have to use the zip wire with your skis, otherwise how else do you get back from the other side?

I've never seen a queue for the Peyron but both those lifts are v.slow. Everyone thinks they're old but they were built less than 10 years ago, I always assumed they were slow because they couldn't justify the expense of fast lifts. Also agree that it will add to the volume of people, no more hammering down the runs Sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm out there for Russian New Year. Here's hoping for lots of snow and rich divorcees!!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
alti - dude wrote:

Haha.. it does sound like a great April Fools!! I've done a bit of digging and bizarrely it does sound real - it's even included in the official Val Thorens tariff pdf on page 2.

http://www.valthorens.com/pdf/page-setam/ValThorens-Forfaits-Tarifs-2013-2014-GB.pdf

"Orelle-Val Thorens, a high-flying attraction that will take your breath away!
A giant zip-line, the highest in Europe, has been stretched across the Lory Valley, connecting the Orelle summit to Val Thorens. 2 minutes of intense emotion and unique pleasure as you “fly” along a cable! A 1,300 m long cable, an eagle flight covering a drop in altitude of close to 250 m... take off at the 3,230 m summit of the 3 Vallées area, at the top of the Bouchet Chairlift, and land at the Col de Thorens (3,000 m, arrival point of the Thorens Funitel). One skier at a time, reservations on site, € 50 for a “flight”, includes transportation of the skis (zip-line flights are subject to weather conditions)."
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
New year can't come quick enough.....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like the first mini-dump of the season is due over the weekend Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quite a bit of snow forecast for VT over the next 4 days.... this is where it all starts!!! Very Happy
snow report
Snowing intermittently down here in Bozel this morning, not settling here, but trees look white from 1200ish...
snow report
Quite a bit of snow overnight and this morning in VT too - it's looking nice and white on the webcams Smile

http://www.valthorens.com/winter-en/val-thorens/live/livecams--webcams/resort-livecam.550.html
snow conditions
and in the village ....

ski holidays
chrisb wrote:
New year can't come quick enough.....

Hear hear!!
latest report
Val Thorens to open early on 21st November?

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+valthorens/posts
snow report
Looking at the Les Menuires cams, it seems to have snowed all day AND they have the cannon(s) on Very Happy
ski holidays
Looking forward to trying the new 'plein sud' lift at val thorens in a couple of weeks.

Used to hate getting my legs whacked with the single speed chairlift. The new 2 speed one will be much nicer.

Mind you we will be amongst the first guinea pig users and i've always found it a bit scary as it takes you across the village.
latest report
red 27 wrote:
Looking at the Les Menuires cams, it seems to have snowed all day AND they have the cannon(s) on Very Happy

Those cams made me very happy today. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (to be spent in Les Menuires and can't come soon enough!).
ski holidays
Quote:

Those cams made me very happy today. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (to be spent in Les Menuires and can't come soon enough!).

swiftoid, I'm with you on that one!!! My OH and I will be there for Christmas too. Might see you on the slopes Very Happy
ski holidays
Val Thorens has limited opening from tomorrow. Courchevel have announced they will open Verdons and Saulire on Saturday for free! Very Happy Snow falling at the moment with more predicted through the week.
latest report
Patch, good to hear you're out there this season, your on-the-spot reports are always much appreciated snowHead
snow conditions
Patch, any ideas if the lifts / runs into 1650 / 1550 / la tania will be running from 7th dec - obv. snow / weather permitting? The courchevel site appears to say not...

Cheers Smile
ski holidays
Last year the lifts between VT and the other valleys didn't open until xmas week.

Despite all the fanfare they are pretty quite until Xmas week and open remaining runs on that Saturday.

Although that might also have been that they were struggling to piste bash the monumental dumps that were falling before xmas.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jellemr wrote:
Patch, any ideas if the lifts / runs into 1650 / 1550 / la tania will be running from 7th dec - obv. snow / weather permitting? The courchevel site appears to say not...

Cheers Smile

http://www.latania.co.uk/index.html reports the opening of the lower satellites as 14th december.
ski holidays
red 27 wrote:
Patch, good to hear you're out there this season, your on-the-spot reports are always much appreciated snowHead

Thanks (I'm here all year 'round Smile )
latest report
jellemr wrote:

Cheers Smile

As andyrew said, I think they open a week later.

It's been snowing all morning, even down here at 650m. First layer of snow in the village this year. All of the heavy plant and building material seems to have been taken off the mountain this morning, in readiness for more snow. Lots of seasonnaires arriving.
snow conditions
Quote:

Last year the lifts between VT and the other valleys didn't open until xmas week.

Week before Christmas I think. I was there that week (15th December) and remember being able to ski between all the valleys. They were sometimes a little late opening due to the amount of fresh snow, but that's expected any time of year. Before that, when the links aren't open, they have a discounted lift pass.
snow conditions
The Les Menuires site says 'partial opening until December 20th' but gives no more details...
ski holidays
Patch wrote:
jellemr wrote:

Cheers Smile

As andyrew said, I think they open a week later.

It's been snowing all morning, even down here at 650m. First layer of snow in the village this year. All of the heavy plant and building material seems to have been taken off the mountain this morning, in readiness for more snow. Lots of seasonnaires arriving.

Ok, thanks for the info.
Therefore definitely worthwhile buying the area pass rather than just the Courchevel one, seeing as only 1850 will be open?
ski holidays
red 27 wrote:
The Les Menuires site says 'partial opening until December 20th' but gives no more details...

I expect that means that La Masse won't be open?
ski holidays
kioksor, Yes I thought that might be it too...

ps I see they've got the chairs running today - testing no doubt
ski holidays
It's dumping, down to valley level. We've had about 20cm this morning at 650m
snow report
Courchevel is opening for a free day's skiing this weekend:
https://www.facebook.com/3vallees.france/posts/10151791424053525
ski holidays
Patch wrote:
It's dumping, down to valley level. We've had about 20cm this morning at 650m

Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
kieranm wrote:
Quote:

Week before Christmas I think. I was there that week (15th December) and remember being able to ski between all the valleys. They were sometimes a little late opening due to the amount of fresh snow, but that's expected any time of year. Before that, when the links aren't open, they have a discounted lift pass.

That sounds more like it, will be arriving in La Tania the 14th, hoping to be able to ski between the valleys!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy