Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Powder tips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking forward to next winter and improving my powder skiing.

This is where I was last year

http://youtube.com/v/9roQD4FNu5E&feature=youtu.be
I know I'm leaning back at first until I get into the turns but how about the rest of it? I think my arms and shoulders need work; any tips/pointers/observations?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Doesn't look too bad given that is some deepish snow. Maybe just MTFU and ski a bit more GS'y. And never forget powder is about fun.

What was the snow like? Looks lightish but possibly on a harder base?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
light and very deep; fat skis (Preachers)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looking good Kev and super snow, the only thing I would add is relax a little and let the skis run more. Agree on the shoulders you looked a little like you were using them to turn but hey, in that sort of snow just go for it and have fun Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As livetoski says, just go for it and have fun, as it looked like great snow.

From a technical perspective, your left turns use a lot more shoulder rotation to initiate that turn side, than your right turns do.
Work your skis more (a few ways to do this) and keep your shoulders squarer to the fall line. Or you can also do as fatbob, says and get more GS'y in which case your shoulders will be squarer/more in line with your skis, rather than the fall line.

But above all ENJOY! Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks All.

I enjoy GS skiing in powder and the skis are really good for this buy just letting them run. But the aim of the pitch was to get lots of turns in, something I want to work at for narrow corridors. Yes the left turn is a problem, and has always been with a marked lack of hip rotation on that side, something I noticed when trying braquage drills a while ago, and which affects a lot of my skiing. Thanks for the reminder to do some serious stretching exercises to improve this before the season, anyone got any tips for this? otherwise as you all say practice and lots of "Yee Ha!" fun. Bring it on. Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like you have a sequential turn initiation (ie snowplough) which is why your skis are hard to turn, which is why you then steer with your whole body. You should focus on flattening and tipping both skis together, whilst keeping your upper body (including hips) stable.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy