Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saying fit during the summer?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How do you stay fit and prepare for the next season during the summer?

I'm mountainbiking and jogging a couple of times a week but that's all. Do you have any other ideas how to prepare for the next season?

I rode a cross country race in Sweden last weekend, 62 km on trails, gravel and tarmac and will do another one that is 94km in August

http://youtube.com/v/qJ0EkZMUt1A
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Keep skiing! There are races on either indoor or outdoor slopes most weekends from April through to October, albeit with a bit of a gap in August.

www.britski.org
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chill out mate! Enjoy Summer while you have it. Winter is a long way off and time enough to be thinking about skiing when hour goes back and it is dark at 4 pm. I normally start progressive exercises from mid November. 6-8 weeks is all you need provided you stick with it. All the hard training you do over Summer will be for nothing if you drift away from it once evenings start closing in, just like snow in Oct or Nov always melts before real snow comes in December.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you're based in resort, then hill walking, trail running and mountain biking will all work the important muscle groups and keep you in good shape. But if you're back home and looking to retain your strength and conditioning without going to the expense of personal training and gym memberships, I would really recommend circuit training or kettlebell workouts (or both!).

By looking online you'll find videos of great circuit training routines which will strip away fat, improve your cardio and build muscle all at the same time. For circuits you need no equipment at all, just a little bit of space in a downstairs room or garden. There is a great program aptly called 'Insanity' which many people have found to be highly effective, using DVDs and books (buy online). Lots of leg exercises make sure that you are using your quads all the time, strengthening your ski muscle-groups while getting your heart going in a big way. Kettlebells apply the same principles but make use of a serious weapon of torture: the heavy and cumbersome but brutally effective kettlebell. A colleague of ours lost a stone in two weeks using just kettlebells in his garden.

Expect to be very tired, and stock up on plenty of food, but you could start next season fitter than you finished the last.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DeliciousMountain, Hi Stu & Lou, welcome to Snowheads !
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I find spinning(4x per week) , bodycombat (2x) and zumba (2x) quite effective - basically it needs to be something you enjoy doing and which is therefore maintainable!

(oh and I sometimes throw in kettlebells but not a great fan)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mackar,
Quote:
Saying fit during the summer?

I just say fit, I remain pretty out of shape though. Crying or Very sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jeees this thread is dangeroulsy close to a Willy Waving contest - in that case here goes

http://app.strava.com/athletes/398695 Smile

Oh and I don't log all the kitesurfing I do that's on here

http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/weathercam.html Smile

Back out to the Mountains this summer end of June for six or so weeks so some more serious cycling as well as kiting hopefully on the Lac about 50mins drive away, also might be driving a van for ten or so days for a US cycling tour OP for the mountain stages of the TDF
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://app.strava.com/athletes/577050

Back out in the mountains with my bike at the beginning of July.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy