Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
carolyn, Thanks very much. Can't wait to go as was not expecting a family trip this year Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Morning, looks misty in the village and clearer up the mountain today. Colder now after some rain (!) yesterday.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi! Well I've just returned after another great week in Niederau.....lots of snow, and fabulous piste conditions. The only downside was having to leave yesterday, when it was such a glorious bluebird day! Nevermind, a few weeks, and I'll be back again!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
blodyn, Sorry for going a wee bit off topic here but what are average beer/hot chocolate prices in niederau?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi! I would say the average price for a beer is 2euro 50 with a hot chocolate about the same. It does vary a little from place to place, and the hotels are probably a little more. You'll hvae a wonderful time I'm sure!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Why would anyone bother with France with prices like that? Blush
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boabski, You will have a brilliant time, ever so slightly jealous, Niederau is a fab place, full of charm and friendly people, enjoy Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Excellent. Used to paying around €3.50 a go in kappl/ischgl and €5 in st Anton. Looks like a might be able to knock a few more beers back Very Happy Very Happy
Can't wait to get away - the weather here has been horrendous.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Glad you had such a good time. The snow has returned and the forecast is 1-2 metres over the weekend! Carolyn
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
That sounds great and due into Oberau 14th Jan
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes! I'm off back to Niederau on 14th Jan! 9 sleeps to go!
Is anyone else there that week? Be good maybe to meet for a beer or two
Carolyn - is there anything you could be tempted with? Chocolate???
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Aha! Well having been presented with more Cadbury Creme Eggs than a normal person would eat in a lifetime, i think a Gluwein would be very nice! Give us a shout when you get here and maybe we can have one at Bobo's Smile Hope you have another great time here in the best place on earth (in my humble opinion!) Carolyn p.s. still snowing.....
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
geoff10, skime2, heading to Niederau on 14th too. carolyn, we could all meet in Bobo's if anyone else is up for it. Nothing like some pumping germanic apres musak to get me in the mood Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Absolutely belting it down again here this morning. But the village is busy busy busy with a fair queue for the main lifts: there are quite a few buses in town. [I've just been told Auffach is totally closed, so that would be why.)

As for beer: €3.50 for a 50cl beer in the place I'm staying (Staffler). Seems to be a common price and *much* cheaper than the €7.60 I paid a few days ago in France.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I am also due in Oberau in on the 14th, going by myself. Are there any nice bars in Oberau itself ? Good news re all the snow. Cant wait!!
latest report
geoff10, I'll be in Niederau that week too, going on the 18th for a long weekend so I'll not end up sitting next to you on the plane like 2 years ago. Looks like you have caught the Niederau bur too, can't keep away. This is my second trip this season, I was there for the opening weekend & am back on the 25th Feb for a week with the wife.
snow conditions
Hi all I am a newbie to Niederau area but am a reasonable skier, based in Oberau. Would you suggest that there will be enough at Oberau, Niederau and Auffach to keep me amused or do you guys venture further affield? Any tips for me as to good places to eat on the mountain? and anything else you can think of would be greatly appreciated.
latest report
Hey Chris, would be good to meet up for a drink when you get there!
ski holidays
chrish,
As I remember, there's not much in Oberau itself
Niederau itself bigger, Auffach biggest of all. If that's not enough,
Hopfgarten is 10 mins from Niederau, not sure if there's a bus,
but could always get a taxi.
Only word of advice is to make sure you get the right ski pass
for what you intend to do - there's lots of choice and I don't really
understand them myself - sure others will be able to explain!
Have fun!
ski holidays
Thanks geoff, I have already booked my ski pass with Inghams they describe it as the full area but I am taking that to mean, Oberau, Niederau and Auffach. Think I will spend the first day at Oberau and then alternate between the other two. I presume there are restaurants on the mountains at all three areas and it sounds like prices are very reasonable at least compared to France last year where it was horrendous.

Is there actually a villlage at Auffach or is it just a ski area?
ski holidays
Currently waiting in a taxi a few miles from Niederau waiting fror them to clear road!
latest report
Hi, yes Auffach is a village as well as a ski area! Plenty places to eat on the mountains, Kropfraderjoch is my favourite in Niederau. Still snowing Smile There are various passes available ... Wildschoenau pass includes Niederau, Oberau and Auffach. There is the Kitzbuhel pass for our valley and all resorts between us and Kitz (Ski Welt etc) And a new one Tirol pass which gives you the whole of Tirol. Happy choosing! Carolyn
latest report
boabski, Chris_n, skime2, chrish, carolyn,

I'll pm you all my phone no. If anyone wants to meet sometime through
the week just drop me a txt. Suggest we all do the same??

Looking forward to meeting folks next week - looking like we're in for
a real treat!

Regards, Geoff
ski holidays
geoff10, chrish, boabski,

Might find it a little hard to meet in the evening as in a party of 13 and half board at the hotel.

What time do you all arrive? if early then get any pre booked lift passes off the reps as soon as pos.Can ski on them after 2pm and get the last couple of hours in.Warning don't use before 2 or will be charged for the day.

Skis edged and waxed packing nearly done just relaxing with Stella. Well it would be rude not to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz
ski holidays
carolyn,

Sorry missed you off my last post

Must be Stella !!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz
snow conditions
Dumptastic!!!!!!!
ski holidays
Party of 13 just gone up to 16 Smile
ski holidays
Still snowing like billyo here. It did stop for a few hours earlier this evening, but whilst we've now got electricity back I've just been told that both roads to the valley are totally closed overnight whilst teams from Innsbruck inspect the roads and assess the risk of further land/snowslides! We're still missing one group who went to Hopfgarten this morning and haven't made it back, but the Wildschonau Kinder Cup race did eventually take place (in HEAVY snow) on the Tenladen piste in Niederau, and oski won his age group snowHead snowHead snowHead I think most of the racers made it back down to the main valley as the village is very quiet tonight.
Oski is due to fly home tomorrow night from Munich (and back to school on Tuesday) - I hope this works out as I really don't want to start arguing with his school again.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Me is thinking anybody got 16 parachutes may need them to get in Laughing
snow conditions
skime2,
I hope(!) to be skiing before 2pm - will buy a few hours to make up the difference!
No worries - just wave when you whizz past me on the piste!
It's a small place - we'll probably meet up somewhere during the week!
snow report
geoff10,

You may see me at Auffach from Niederau. Bright blue shell with luminous yellow piping-weather permitting Laughing
latest report
Hi Geoff10, boabski, Chris_n, skime2, chrish, carolyn,

Just booked for Saturday to Niederau. Going with my 8 year old for his first ski trip. He's going to be in ski school all day so I'll be messing around on the slopes alone. if anyone fancies keeping me company on the slopes for a while during our stay that would be good.

Rob
latest report
Good grief anyone not going to Niederau on Saturday! Well actually me Im off to Oberau but you know what I mean. Sounds like its going to be amazing!
ski holidays
Anyone planning to go to Niederau on 4th Feb? I am still trying to persuade people to join in, so haven't booked it yet. My brother may be able to come, but I may be on my own this time. Will probably arrive in the afternoon - hopefully in time to pick up the pass and skis. Not sure if I should whizz about on the piste too much at first as still very much a beginner and should probably go to lesson before getting carried away. Excitement is building seeing all this snow. Been practising drinking Underbaum and Gluhwein in readiness.
ski holidays
Hi, I will be going to Niederau on 4th Feb.....there'll be 3 of us, two welsh and an irish! We should hopefully be arriving mid afternoon, and will be going to ski school on the sunday! We're a friendly bunch, and you'll usually find us in the sport cafe!! You're welcome to come and have a drink with us!!
snow conditions
Hi Blodyn,

Where are you flying from? I am considering Birmingham (with Crystal) as it gets there early on 4th (about 3-4pm) leaves late on 11th and is much cheaper than Bristol. Shame it is not possible from Cardiff any more.
snow conditions
Hi,

we're actually doing DIY. We're flying from Heathrow to Munich, and then getting the train from Munich to Worgl which is approx an hour, and then get a taxi from Worgl to Niederau, which generally costs about 15euros. We've booked an apartment this time, but there's loads of little pensions that you can stay in very reasonably which are lovely and very friendly. If you would like some info on different places available to stay, just drop me an e-mail. Rhian
latest report
RobW, Were you in the Harfenwirt yesterday afternoon with a group of kids? I think our baby was sticking her Tongue out at your kids??!!
snow report
Shall we call the 14th an unofficial Snowheads Bash?? We will be staying at Hotel/Haus Hannes. My mate might be coming with his family now too Very Happy Geoff has my mobile and vice versa. Can't wait now - snow is really starting to take shape BIG STYLE (albeit not as much as the 5.45m in St Anton Shocked )
snow report
chrish,

Where you staying in Oberau?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy