Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

off piste Sierra Nevada?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know what the off piste is like in the Sierra Nevada, Spain?
I know it will probably have to be pretty good snow to get off piste there but just wondering...
I imagine they have fairly solid snow base sue to the sun melting layers and then refreezing overnight. However, I think most of the good slopes face North West, North and North East just simply because the south side of the mountain has all the sun...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DennisPennis, bits in between piste , but otherwise beware Embarassed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
how come?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
seem to have some: http://www.spanishhighs.co.uk/ski-touring-sierra-nevada.php
In theory, off piste should be good there as sun should form a good bond with snow but I guess it's prone to high winds and also spring soft snow...check with a local guide
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been up to the top in the summer, and it's a huge rocky boulder landscape. I was amazed that there is skiing there in the winter because everything was so rock like. There would have to be a lot of snow to get things open, let alone go off piste and make sure everything is covered up! Be careful, the lower sloped were more grassy but still huge rocks in places.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Prometheus may be the man to ask - I gather he knows the Sierra Navada quite well, having met and chatted to him last night.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Someone call...................I have seen people trekking up from Borreguiles on tour skis but where they go I have no idea , I've only skiied on piste or gone down the beach when it gets too windy.Sorry can't be more help.

http://skisnowboardeurope.com/sierranevada/layout.html A little more info.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
prometheus wrote:
Someone call...................I have seen people trekking up from Borreguiles on tour skis but where they go I have no idea , I've only skiied on piste or gone down the beach when it gets too windy.Sorry can't be more help.

http://skisnowboardeurope.com/sierranevada/layout.html A little more info.

It gets warm there doesn't it? but most of the snow stays on the North facing slopes, so how's the avalanche reports and stuff in the area?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy