Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crescent Spur heliskiing trip

Poster: A snowHead
Just back from an epic week of heliskiing at Crescent Spur thanks to an especially kind La Nina. We had deep light powder with faceshots on almost every turn. The tree skiing was fantastic and I can highly recommend Crescent Spur lodge - only 2 groups of 10 skiers and 2 guides to each group makes for excellent skiing and partying afterwards. Check out the website www.crescentspurheliskiing.com
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skilegs, looks good, can you share more info, an idea of costs, other folk in the group, level, distance skied etc etc??

Cheers,

Greg
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, looks nice. Their website says Can$8,500 plus flights to Canada for 6 days of skiing with 100K ft (peak season price).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, ouch!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
High season £5000 (at today's exchange rate) plus flight to Vancouver and on to Prince George. Transfer to lodge and everything else except alcohol included and 100,000 verticl feet. Any competent intermediate skier with a sense of adventure and some off piste experience could cope easily. Trip of a lifetime - keep doing the lottery!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skilegs, what type of terrain were you on and what was the ability like across your group?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skilegs, wow, this my dream for my 50 th next year Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Took my son for his 50th and it was his first time heliskiing. The ability across the group was advanced/strong intermediate plus 3 boarders who were all first timers but quickly got the hang of it. We skied the open alpine terrain and also the trees when it was snowing and the visibility was not good. Wide skis are provided which make all the difference.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I too am just back from a week spent with these guys. Without a doubt the best skiing of my life. Absolutely unreal! Mythical type skiing. Face-shot after face-shot after face-shot. I can't recommend this company enough. The lodge is perfect, the people wonderful, the skiing... well, as I say, mythical.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
wow, this my dream for my 50th next year
Perhaps dream no more Dabber! Three of us were 50 at the back end of last year and opted for the poor man's powder alternative of three days' catskiing in British Columbia in January. We went here:

http://www.mustangpowder.com/

Totally incredible - and highly recommended! Unlimited powder; fresh tracks every run; luxury wilderness lodge; 12-15,000 ft vertical daily - and a (relative) bargain at CAD 750 daily over New Year. So cheap that Mrs MA - who's not in the over 50s club (yet) was even invited too Laughing!

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mountainaddict, I've heard good things about that company. Also heard great things about White Grizzly and I believe they are 700 dollars per day, all season.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mountainaddict, good thinking , in BC for new year and mid march , so will look into it , am still 50 for a while yet Cool
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
shenryo: I'll have a look at White Grizzly - haven't come across them before.

Dabber: Another possibility is town-based catskiing day trips, which are around $450 a day. We've done so at Fernie Wilderness Adventures. We originally booked one day but it was so fantastic that we re-booked for the next day too. Fantastic skiing and excellent, friendly guides.

Fellow Snowhead Bergmeister has also done town-based (longer) trips with K3 Catskiing - which he has also recommended highly.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mountainaddict, yeah, one of my friends is good friends with the owners. Apparently it's a seriously great place to visit. Experts only idea, similar to Retallack. Lots and lots of tight, steep powder tree skiing Neh Neh

Check out this page chock full of in-depth reviews fro Canadian cat-skiing: http://www.powderhounds.com/Canada/Cat-Skiing.aspx snowHead

PS: How do you include pics on here? Was gonna share a shot from CS...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
shenryo, if it's on your Flickr, just copy the code you get when you click 'share' and paste it here.
snow conditions
clarky999, I haven't yet uploaded anything to Flickr, but cheers for the heads up
snow report
shenryo: To post directly to Snowheads, you first need to save your photos in the Snowmediazone, here:

http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/index.php

You then need to:
- Register.
- Click on 'Upload photos' and follow the instructions - (NB. You can upload up to 5 photos at a time, IIRC?)

After uploading:
- Click on the photo you want to show on Snowheads main site.
- Cut and paste the code that comes up next to photo (I use the 'medium' image) into the normal 'Post a reply' box (or new topic) on Snowheads.

It can seem a bit of a faff at first - but you soon get into the swing.
snow conditions
mountainaddict, cheers buddy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy