Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter Skiing conditions in Austia (st Johann/Kitzbuhel)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm looking at an extremely last minute self booked ski weekend over Easter. I'm renting a car so have some flexibility moving from various resorts. I'm travelling Friday to Monday with light rain and light snow showers forecast. temperatures reaching a max of 5 oC in the day and freezing in the evening.

I'm looking for some advice on the quality of skiing this time of the year or someone who has just returned from the St Johann in Tirol, Kitzbuhel and SkiWelt areas.

Is there decent snow on the slopes? Is it a slushy mess by early afternoon etc.

I'm just summing this up if its worth making the trip and expense etc. All being well I will have Friday from 2pm onwards, all day Sat, All day Sun and Monday till 12pm before heading to Munich for an afternoon flight.

I know its not the highest of resorts but but St Johan I believe is normally pretty good.

Any advice would be fantastic.

Cheers Mike.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This year it's still great. We still have winter down here, with about 1m new snow in last week or so. I was just talking this morning with friend who is living in Kitzbuhel, and he said they got another delivery of fresh powder through last night. Even down here in Slovenia (at 400m above sea level) it's currently snowing and it's -2c. So Easter holidays (which start in 3 days) are going to be just fine this year... except that weather forecast doesn't look all that great... whole lot of rain/snow through the weekend and not a single sunny day (except tomorrow) at least till middle of next week.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.bergfex.at/kitzbuehel-kirchberg/wetter/

If it becomes too warm Kaprun is a good call (circa 50 min further by car than Kitz). Most of the skiing at Kaprun is above 1900m altitude.

http://www.bergfex.at/kitzsteinhorn-kaprun/wetter/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Plenty of snow in Saalbach-Hinterglemm (just over the ridge from Kitzbuhel) Cool Currently minus 5 in the village and minus 10 on the mountain and it has snowed for the last 16 hours, so conditions are excellent. It had been getting a bit slushy lower down (below 1500m) but not the last couple of days as it has been a mixture of cold/sun/cloud and the forecast is more of the same until the weekend.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just back from Lofer/Waidring and had fabulous skiing conditions. Would be off again this weekend if we win the euro millions Friday night.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Returned at the weekend from Ski Jewel area (Niederau/Alpbach) and also skied Ski Welt for a day. Condition above say 1200m are great with quiet pistes and beautiful snow. Below that it can get very slushy on the resort runs expecially in the afternoon. Coming back down to Hopfgarten from Soll side the middle station was slush - on a South facing slope admittedly.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just returned from SkiWelt and conditions on upper slopes were excellent. Although they were trying to keep run down to valley bottom open it was not very pleasant and a Gondola ride down at end of day is probably a wise move.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skied in Kitzbühel/Kirchberg today and conditions were great. Even later in the day it was only the lowest slopes where the snow was soft and sugary. Runs like the Hochsaukaser (piste 55) were fine. Moderately busy on the first lifts but the crowds were well spread out later. Sunny at first, overcast in the afternoon.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here some photos from today's visit. First the Kasereck chairlift (by piste 29), where the temperature was 7°C about 10:30...

The Hochsaukaser piste (55)...

And the view up from the Fleck Alm, where we had our Einkehrschwung (late refreshments) on the last run down to the Fleckalmbahn car park...

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy