Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Would like to meet... ski hire shops

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to find a business to business trade show that attracts ski hire shops - does anybody know of one either in Europe or the US?

Thanks

Steve
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd say ISPO in Munich was probably your best bet, being where all the hardware for next season gets showcased.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski trade show was in Manchester last I went, Brits only.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
admin, that sounds interesting, and probably good timing for what I want too, thanks.

Has anyone here exhibited at ISPO Munich? Any tips for a first-time B2B exhibitor going there?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've not exhibited, but have visited many many times (incl this year). It's a vast show, so the location on the site that you choose is vital. Study the floorplans of this year's show (which was the beginning of Feb).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sport Achat, Lyon. You just missed it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowsteve wrote:
Has anyone here exhibited at ISPO Munich? Any tips for a first-time B2B exhibitor going there?
Depends what you are selling and who you are selling to. It's a very expensive show to exhibit at and you'll likely be in a graveyard spot at the quiet end of a hall. It really is more about who you know and who you can make appointments with, because the people you most want to meet won't just stumble upon your booth. The big brands with the big stands adjacent to the main thoroughfares get crazy busy and some of the outer stands in the quieter halls are dead spaces. Without knowing what you have planned, I'd say the money is probably better spent on the road going after those you most want to sell to.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Probably 75k for a table top.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok, thanks for the info all, good to know. 75k sounds a little too much for the budget I had in mind!

I think the first season is going to be very slow as it's too early for us to show people our product yet, and by the time the trade shows come around again it's winter already.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowsteve wrote:
Ok, thanks for the info all, good to know. 75k sounds a little too much for the budget I had in mind!

I think the first season is going to be very slow as it's too early for us to show people our product yet, and by the time the trade shows come around again it's winter already.

go to the exhibition as a punter and show your product to the people with displays. Most of the time you will get a numptie who has been sent to sell, but you should make a few good contacts if you have a decent product and do the legwork.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cynic wrote:
Probably 75k for a table top.

Actually, minimum stand cost is around 3000 Euro (16 sq M). But getting there, staying there, stand build, electrics etc you're unlikely to get away with less than say 5-6000 Euro. But first time around that stand space will be outside of the high traffic areas. Better to go "work the room" first time.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bode Swiller wrote:
minimum stand cost is around 3000 Euro (16 sq M)

I saw in their guide that the minimum stand was 16sqm - seems pretty large, also noticed they have options for co-exhibiting... I'm sent them an enquiry to see what they say, but to co-exhibit I presume it's got to be people who know each other/already work together, rather than a few smaller companies coming together to afford/fill a stand??
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy