Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes questions

Poster: A snowHead
Looking at Tignes Val Claret for the first week of Easter (Sat 30th March onwards) and have a few questions that I hope some kind soul can answer.

1. We aim to arrive Saturday morning and ski that day, so I presume we just dump the car in the big outdoor carpark. How much is that for a day, and is it worth booking the underground for the rest of the week (at 75 Euro)?

2. From the carpark must we take the transcorde rope thingy, or can you use the Stade chair to access that side of the resort (or is it intended for competitions only)?

3. At 5pm when our apartment is available what is the situation regarding unloading Can we drive into the resort?

4. I was thinking of booking the lift passes online and picking them up in resort. http://www.skipass-tignes.com/information.aspx?page=tarifslivraison says "pick up in our Grande Motte customer care centre" Any idea where that is?

Many thanks

LR
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1. you could use the free car park at Bois or park at brev which would take a little less time to get to (you would have to plan to ski back and drive up at end of day of course).

2. there is a free bus too

3. you should be able to drop off in front or near, short stay in front of most places

4. you will be stuck to pickup there.... just use the nearest you find
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1. The outdoor carpark is cheaper - anyone here this week is probably wishing they had parked underground. Also if you have a diesel go underground.

4. Its the office between the Funiculaire and the lanches Chair on the snow front in VC.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
1. Carpark prices will be on the resort website.

2. I would expect that you will end up parked far enough along the outdoor carpark that you would want to use the transcorde to get to the Tichot chair. The chair isn't restricted to people using the stade.

3. You are allowed to park near to your accommodation while unloading.

4. Been answered.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You could have vfm double egg and chips in the Aspen when you arrive then go up Lanches to the Motte mate, or catch a train far better terrain. Oh of course you might be going to the Zone in which case ignore except the Aspen:
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
1: Outdoor car park is free with the purchase of a lift pass.

2: The Transcorde has currently been removed (Presumably for the X Games) not sure if it will be back in place by the 30th. You can use either Tichot or Stade, but I would walk up the road, its easier.

3: Where is your apartment ?

4: They have automated lift pass machines by the Funicular (Grande Motte Customer Care center), really easy to use and available 24hrs.

Have a look at my trip report from last week, Aspen recommended Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

That's news to all of us that live here! Was it part of a tour op deal??
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chocksaway wrote:
Quote:

That's news to all of us that live here! Was it part of a tour op deal??

Not sure.

Did a package this time, but had a look round to check parking etc for a another visit at Easter. Asked in the hut by the car park, was told free parking with lift pass, there is a sign outside as well ?

Has my schoolboy french let me down ?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If I can get close during the X Games I will have a look - there is always potential for confusion with gratuit (free ie no cost) and libre (places free - ie spaces available)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for all the replies. We *are* in a diesel, so may book the underground. As for our accommodation, not exactly sure yet (its a last minute thing) but probably Hameau du Borsat.

LR
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just back from our break to Tignes so thought I would provide a bit of a report. I hope any mention of businesses & people is acceptable. I am not in any way affiliated with any of them.

The Good:
We hired a small apartment through Ski Encore (www.skiencore.com) not one of the ones on the website, but another in Hameau du Borsat. They were very easy to deal with, and Elaine was very friendly. We called when we reached the dam, and were met at the building. In truth the building & appt has seen better days, but it was perfectly adequate for 3 of us (parents & 1 child), had everything we needed, and was only £300 for the week! A good location for the slopes and town. Only downside was a bit of noise on a couple of nights (lairy Brits and Dutch shouting at each other)

Elaine arranged a car parking space in the carpark under the tunnel which was handy. Bit of a squeeze getting an XC90 in and out, but the actual bays were plenty big enough.

Hired skis through skiplus in the same building. All very straightforward (and we got changed in the shop)

We are veggies (actually pescatarian) so finding food in France can be a problem at times. However, "Le Cascade" (between the Cascade & Cema lifts in the top-left of the piste map) was very good. Quick, cheap, and the Penne with gorganzola very nice. Also one called (I think) "Le Madelaine" near the madelaine express. Lots of interesting bready things with toppings. Croutes and flat breads etc. The restaurant is slightly quirky, flowers and raffia umbrellas.

Nicest seats were the lambs wool covered deckchairs in the Datcha (next to the lift of the same name).

Best runs were Sacha down to Les Brevieres after lots of snow, and I liked Moraine (near the Cascade restaurant). Also Piste M with a good view down the valley to the dam. To be honest it was nearly all pretty good. Best chair lift is Leissiers Express, which my daughter wanted to do over and over again wink

Best gadget - our new peage fob from www.saneftolling.co.uk

Finally, my wife's new recipe for raspberry drizzle cake wink

The bad
Eurotunnel both ways. Despite coming back on Thursday, and everything being very quiet, we were still delayed.
The restaurant at the top of the Tichot lift is pretty dire.
Didn't like the Arcelles piste (Like skiing on bones my daughter said)

The ugly
My right knee after a bad fall on almost the last run of the week (well it *was* my last run in the end, as I had to sideslip home from the top of the Borsat). Still, the NHS minor injuries clinic think it will be OK.

On the whole a cheap and cheerful sneaky second trip this year (first time we've ever managed it) whilst my son was away with the school. First time back in Tignes for 12 years and thoroughly enjoyed by all 3 of us. Thanks for all the advice from various SH members.

Rob
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:
Outdoor car park is free with the purchase of a lift pass
Not sure if that still applies. It did at one time - but only for day trippers (ie day tickets) IIRC?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mountainaddict, Still the case according to the boards at the gate.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
We *are* in a diesel, so may book the underground
: Doesn't it have to get down to about -20 odd Celsius before diesel freezes? In which case that would be beyond extreme Shocked so late in the season.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Doesn't it have to get down to about -20 odd Celsius before diesel freezes

Yes, something like that (which it was last year the week before we arrived in Morzine!)

However, underground does mean not having to dig the car out, and as it happened was closer to the appt than any of the open air sites. We didn't use Parking du Golf, but a private spot that the agent arranged in the tunnel under the "Tufs" chair lift.
latest report
mountainaddict, Depending on the vulnerability of the car (some are much worse due to routing of pipes) and the type of diesel purchased it can happen around -10 degs. This temps are not that unusual in Tignes at that time of year. Also some carparks are worse than others - The Golf carpark in Val Claret is particularly well ventilated and therefore the one were the mechanics from the garage spend most of their time (ignoring the outdoor one!)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy