Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les arcs questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi me and my partner are looking at booking a holiday to les arcs on the 16th march and just had a few questions which we hope someone would be able to answer? Firstly how busy can we expect the resort to be as my partner is fairly new to skiing and isn't overly keen on skiing congested runs? Also what can we expect whether wise as we have always been skiing in January in the past? Finally my partner is also interested in having a few lessons out there is there anyone you could recommend us looking into?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chelt881, Good news for you, as the French school holidays have just finished by then Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll take the weather question: it will be beautiful, warm sun shining on you on chairlifts, but expect good snow conditions with all runs open, albeit getting slushy late in day particularly west-facing slopes of peissey.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Which les arcs? the runs back into 1800 villards/charvet get unhappilly busy at the close, but 2000, 1600, vallandry, peisey and charmetogger are all good. Vallandry and 1600 stay nicely not-too-busy (busy but not fear inducing) all day ime, especially once you learn to avoid any hotspots. It's a good resort I'd recommend to anyone - I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chelt881, Mid March is usually pretty quiet on the slopes but still plenty going on inthe resorts, an ideal time to ski. If some of the runs are busy with ski schools you just head off somewhere else! The home runs back to 1800 get a bit busy at 4pm but you find that everywhere.
Overall it will be much warmer than in January. Probably well above freezing until you get above 2000m. However this can vary so it's probably a good idea to take all your usual layers and then you can adjust as necessary day to day. Sunglasses rather than goggles. I have even skied without a hat in March (OMG here come the Helmet wearers...)
There are 3 ski schools in 1800 - ESF, Arcs Adventures and Ski Privilege. I believe the same 3 work out of 1600 and 2000 as well. We have used ESF for group lessons and Ski Privilege for individual ones. Both were fine. If your partner takes lessons why not take a lesson yourself at the same time? In March it would be safe to just book when you arrive if you can be quite flexible.
Enjoy!
PS want to rent an apartment in Charmettoger? Message me!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies guys all booked up now staying in arc 1800 cant wait now:) glad to here the runs are not overly busy this time of year and that the conditions should be good. snowyowl, what where ski privilege like for a private lesson as my partners interested as she's only been skiing for a year and wants to improve to she can keep up with me?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

Look out for the water slide above Arc 1600 for some brilliant on slope entertainment (and make the most of your late season visit). We stayed in Arc 2000 in March 2012, and just happened upon it by chance whilst out exploring. It's at Clair Blanc in front of the Altiport restaurant. Amazingly most people who dared ski across made it (some only just), and those that failed and got drenched sat outside the cafe to drip dry. Snowboarders seemed to struggle much more than skiers. We weren't brave/mad enough to give it a go ourselves though...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chelt881, We found them helpful and experienced. MrOwl and teenagerOwl used them for snowboarding lessons, Owlets used them for improver lessons in the past, being good enough not to want to go to ski school all week with "kids" (spit!) and they got on every well. Couple of adult beginner mates had some lessons and went from "4 lessons at MKfridge" level to red runs with confidence in 4 hours. (They might have been exceptional learners). The only grouse was their timekeeping seemed to involve turning up, saying hello, and then having a cigarette before starting the lesson. The family, being non smokers, were inpatient. The mates, being smokers, thought it not only acceptable but desirable! There you go!
Water slide best done at the end of the day, or at least take your jacket off, in case. More than 50% seem to go in the drink. Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy