Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lazy Left Leg

Poster: A snowHead
I ride 'goofy'. I notice when I turn from heel to toe I turn nicely however when turning from toe to heel I have to drag my left left round. I am really conscious that I have to work on bringing the board around.

Any ideas or should I just put my skis back on.... Shocked
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thefatcontroller, Interesting. I am out playing in the snow at the moment, I find toe to heel much easier and put this down to the effect (leverage) of the highbacks. Try putting your highbacks more forward maybe.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
maybe get your weight well onto your front leg, and heel down.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

get your weight well onto your front leg

and this, driving forward from your back foot, not bending forward from the waist.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thefatcontroller, Put your skis back on Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm not sure you can 'think' about it.

If you have to think, it's too late.........
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cad99uk wrote:
Try putting your highbacks more forward maybe.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed What are my highbacks?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing wrote:
thefatcontroller, Put your skis back on Toofy Grin

I only put my skis on when going across to the flat plains of La Plagne. Snowboarding hell. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thefatcontroller, the hinged bit that sticks up at the back of the binding that your calf touches. There should be a clip/block at the base that sets the angle compared with the board, undo the clip and reset so the angle of the highback is a little more acute (ie the top moves towards the toe edge). This means as you go from toe to heel the highback will come into play earlier and the board will set an edge more quickly.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rogg wrote:
thefatcontroller, the hinged bit that sticks up at the back of the binding that your calf touches. There should be a clip/block at the base that sets the angle compared with the board, undo the clip and reset so the angle of the highback is a little more acute (ie the top moves towards the toe edge). This means as you go from toe to heel the highback will come into play earlier and the board will set an edge more quickly.

Thanks, might be the issue, shall check and adjust in 2 weeks, 2 days (not counting Embarassed )
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
my wife does the same riding regular.

I try to get her to picture the bag edge of the board following the front edge - if that makes sense. Trying to create a turn line, rather than a slide which is what i guess you get too. loading the weight into the edge at the right time gets this done correctly I find. as in when you squat into the turn, which IIRC correctly should be just as you start to move/turn/angle toward the fall line. Also making sure you are leaning forward(down the slope) and putting your hands on your knees for a few turns may help.

I havent been boarding long though....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dont touch the highbacks, there only there for extra support and a bit of extra assistance, you just need to increase youre leave and pressure on your back heel when turning. Push down on your front heel to initiate your turn, as you start facing down start leaning backwards (legs bent obviously) and put pressure on youre back heel, this should stop your leg from being pushed.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller, if you haven't already got it, get this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Go-Snowboard-Neil-McNab/dp/1405315741/ref=sr_1_1?tag=amz07b-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1362218312&sr=8-1

the demos are all goofy, as it happens and the principles of foot steering are explained very clearly.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Honestly, there are so many possible issues you could be having (and your description is pretty vague!), it's impossible to give you any advice (unless you post a video!). Get a lesson!

It's not your highbacks though.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stevomcd wrote:
...........Get a lesson!

It's not your highbacks though.

Thanks, we did have a lesson in January but he was so bad we complained, in fairness evolution2 have given us our money back and some free guiding when we are there in 2 weeks. Laughing

I shall read through the responses and have a try at a few things. Thanks
snow report
Well, as above it's impossible to offer much advice without seeing you ride.

Numero uno problem on heelside tends to be posture. Most people stick their bum out to some extent. Your bum should remain over the heel edge of the board. Get that right first, then see where you're at.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy