Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

connecting flight in calgary - immigration question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all

off to canada next week, flying to kelowna via calgary, just wondering what the immigration situation is?
we are assuming we check our baggage in at heathrow and don't see it again until kelowna, can anyone advise what happens with immigration? do we go through immigration at calgary and then pass through the airport somehow to get to our connection? or do we just do immigration when we get to kelowna? never had to do a flight connection before so excuse the ignorance, its all a bit knew! Puzzled
thanks all
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At atension for both, nothing to be sneaked by, maybe lip salve, but yes frisked at both.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I used to live in Calgary and I would be amazed if Kelowna had immigration facilities so would assume you clear customs in calgary. Just check with the airline.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
But what do I know! Apparently Kelowna is now an "international" airport so am probably talking through my hat (stetson naturally). ask the airline.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If it's all on the one ticket, then I'd ask the airline when you check in. I can't remember.

For YVR, and for changing from AC to Jet Blue, here's the process...

1. You get two forms on the 'plane: one for customs, the other immigration. Have a pen handy plus passport.
  2. Clear immigration in Canada. That's not the same as clearing customs. Give them the immigration form.
  3. Once you're through immigration, you collect your bags. Snowboards are slow coming through so don't sweat it at immigration.
  4. Wheel your gear past Canadian Customs, giving them the customs form.
  5. There's a transit desk there, but for Jet Blue you just walk out to the arrivals hall. Take the lift up to "Departures" and wheel your stuff down to the Domestic end of the terminal, check in with Jet Blue or Jazz etc.

The main thing is that if you have multiple segments there's a higher risk of them losing your stuff temporarily, so make sure you have vital stuff with you just in case. If you do end up there and your bags aren't, it's all their expense and they usually get them to you pretty quickly.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hi; thanks for the info, i am a bit worried about luggage not arriving when we get to kelowna, as my husband has his own custom made ski boots (due to very very wide feet) which cost a small fortune and if they dont turn up he can't hire boots as he'll be in agony wearing them, hence it could ruin his trip if his boots don't show up for a day or two....... i think we may pack them in carry-on instead and try to get in some ski trousers/gloves and whatever else we can squeeze in?!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy