Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Teabag style hand warmers

Poster: A snowHead
I know, I know, boring stuff, but ...

Is any brand significantly better or worse than any other please?

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I quite like Twinings English breakfast.

But seriously, I've tried a few (not many) brands - I can't really say one is significantly better than any other. I just go for the cheapest on-line deal.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
HelenS, I think there maybe a club where they'd be up on this sort of thing..................
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you pass by a Decathlon en route to les Alpes, there's a cheap brand called Aptonia. You can buy a job lot for the same price that you'll get a single pair in a ski hire shop.

All they are, really, is a teabag full of iron filings. Quite literally all brands are the same. Buy the cheapest.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I said it was boring! wink Thanks, I just wondered as they all make different claims about how long they stay warm etc.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
HelenS, my missus uses them all the time & reckons that the Mycoal ones last a lot longer than other brands - which is why I sell that brand wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought these (although they were only 15 quid 12 months ago...)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Hotties-Pocket-Warmers-Winter/dp/B001G6SQMG/ref=sr_1_1?tag=amz07b-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1362323051&sr=8-1
Still sometimes just warm the next morning so dry your gloves out nicely.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
£34-99 ! They have got to be joking.
This seems a bit more like your £15 :-

http://www.costco.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/cos_5,cos_5.8,cos_5.8.1/651599
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
we got some in Boots for about 3 quid a pair. Once they go cold, you boil them to reactivate.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thornyhill, that's not same thing. The ones you are talking about stay worm for hour at most, these one stay hot for 6, 7 hours... and yes these ones are one time use only.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
primoz wrote:
Thornyhill, that's not same thing. The ones you are talking about stay worm for hour at most, these one stay hot for 6, 7 hours... and yes these ones are one time use only.

The ones we have are good for about 3-4 hours if you have them in pockets/gloves. They do get cold quickly if you use them in the air. Only down side is that they go hard when you activate them. If you spend 5 minutes squashing them about they go soft again though. OH usually uses one pair in the morning, one in the afternoon.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
avoid the Grabber ones - they don't seem to get very warm compared to all the others...My vote also goes to the mycoal ones - currently £8.55 for 10 on amazon!!! Have Reynaud's so over the years have probably used most of them...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skitow wrote:
£34-99 ! They have got to be joking.
This seems a bit more like your £15 :-
http://www.costco.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/cos_5,cos_5.8,cos_5.8.1/651599
My Amazon order history linked to the above - the order I placed was for 15.99, so they've gone up.
Same thing were 3E a pair in Arabba so still cheaper than per pair in resort (and I'd have bought them at 10E a pair it was so cold)
I've used them at home at footy matches & photo shoots too.
Good spot in Coscto though.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tarquin wrote:
I've used them at home at footy matches & photo shoots too.
Keep those nips warm till the camera's ready for them eh?
Nice to know the modelling career is taking off at last though.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Spat my coffee out! Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
admin, Laughing Laughing Laughing

That image will live with me forever. Thank you admin. Twisted Evil Laughing
ski holidays
hand warmers isn't what I have in mind when someone mentions teabagging Wink
latest report
feef, you are Cardinal Keith O'Brien and I claim my £5.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy