Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which snowboard bindings??

Poster: A snowHead
Got a great deal on a Capita Dan Brisse 157 freeride snowboard from 'Subvert' at Chill Factor, Manchester but have fallen out of love with my old Flow bindings & not sure what to replace them with... plus some shiny new (black/red?) ones would DEFINITELY improve my game! Very Happy Very Happy Looking for light & responsive, for the whole mountain.

Have looked at Union Force / Atlas & was recommended Burton Cartel / Union Factory Travis Rice by the shop, which look great but a but pricey...

Any suggestions appreciated (esp if you have seen any on sale...)

Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pablito69,
how 'old' are your 'old' flows?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I moved from Flows to Unions two seasons ago. Make the switch! I have both Force and Atlas, but haven't had much chance to ride the Atlas' yet. If you are going to do any free riding, then the Flow's just won't give you adequate response. Plus, I'm not sure why people thing it's so hard to use standard ratchets. I never sit down. Just bend over, ratchet up, gone.....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
New style flows with the 'nasty' system are well worth a look.Basically the best of both worlds as you can use them like a conventional binding for example in powder where the old style flows were difficult to use or as a typical quick enyrt flow binding. they are not perfect but then what is ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pablito69, after many years of Burton C60 and Co2 Bindings, last season i switched to Rossignol Experience Bindings. Stiff, Freeride orientated Binding and without doubt the comfiest and most responsive Binding i have used. This season it's been rebranded as the Rossignol XV Binding.

OR, if it's any use to you, i have a set of Burton Co2 Bindings (Black,Medium),still in the box and never mounted, that i'm prepared to sell for £100 o.n.o?

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 15-11-13 23:22; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
honeybadger,
Agree with the NASTY flows; they are so nice...............Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the replies!
Mitchell - my Flow bindings are 5years old, last year I spent the whole time either tightening them for more response or loosening them to let the blood flow back to my feet! Think I can manage some standard ratchet straps again now so that's what I'm definitely looking for, will take a look at the Rossignol XV to compare against the Union ones...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pablito69,
Horses for courses; I tend toward a step in binding as I have issues with restricted back movement from a childhood injury; just commenting that I have found the new NASTY flows a revelation; super easy step in but nice and tight when locked in.
Mitch
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Mitch I'll take a look at those too if I can find some in a local shop
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have a look at the contact pros, there some of the lightest bindings on the market and very responsive for a freestyle orientated binding

http://www.invertsnowboarding.co.uk/index.php?id_product=82&controller=product&id_lang=1
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i have a pair of salomon factions that have been soo good for last few years, had a different pair of salamon prior to that and never had any problems, im currently looking at the holograms as here god things
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I like K2 Cinch, or at least I think that's what they are. Best of both types in one in my opinion.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sahsah,
Had them; flows much much better snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I got a pair of union force a couple of years back, not sure ill ever need to buy another pair.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Give switchback bindings a try!
snow conditions
maddrifter wrote:
Give switchback bindings a try!

Yeah because they'll work really well on a freeride board.

I just snagged some brand new union factory bindings for £130 off ebay and they're pretty sweet, I also use Ride El Hefe on my freeride board but I wouldn't want to pay full price for them they're really good though.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy