Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynastar test centre in Chamonix - what can you test?

Poster: A snowHead
I was thinking of having a go on the new Cham and Cham High Mountains but looking at the test centre page on the Dynastar site, you can only test some skis in the Dynastar range and none of the new Cham skis. Is that true?

From the Dynastar test centre page:
Skis available:
* Legend (Women) : Idyll, Eden, Paradise.
* Legend (Men) : 85, 94, pro 105 (pro modèle A.D.), pro 115, Big Dump.
* Exclusive (Women) : Elite pro, Elite, Active, Trendy, Reveal.
* Speed (Unisex): Omeglass WC, Course TI, Cross, Cross Pro, Groove.
* Outland (Men): 75 XT, 80, 80 XT, 80 Pro.
* 6th Sense (Men): Slicer, Disorter

It strikes me as odd that you wouldn't be able to test the latest skis Confused
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What a waste of time, it's the Chams I want to try. Last time I tried some skis there, legends, you needed a note from a shop!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Zero-G wrote:
It strikes me as odd that you wouldn't be able to test the latest skis Confused

Seems more odd that they'd let you test discontinued models instead. Maybe their list is just out of date; maybe you could try dropping them a line and seeing what they have to say? Daft that you can't test the Cham in Cham...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Serriadh, I suspect you're right (I don't know their skis, so wouldn't know what's discontinued). I'll check it out the next time I'm at Grands Montets.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Zero-G, you can test the Cham series at GM, at least a friend took the 87s out, she needed a note from Mummy (aka Snell) the first time, after that no one asked and she demo'd several pairs. I know no more than this. . .
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks, I'll get a test voucher and head up there later this week.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ww166no wrote:
Zero-G, you can test the Cham series at GM, at least a friend took the 87s out, she needed a note from Mummy (aka Snell) the first time, after that no one asked and she demo'd several pairs. I know no more than this. . .
Btw, what did she think? I want to try the 87s, the 97s and the 107s.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Zero-G, I heard second hand that the 87 is floppy, the 97 is stiffer.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jbob, I heard the same thing but I'm still going to try them out. Another snowhead (I think it may have been one of the Japan-based chaps) said he didn't find the 87 floppy.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The 8è is floppy compared to the 97, the 97 is a door. all things being equal, hold up and test some SOLE 7's!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Go to Echo Base in Le Praz and try some Idris Skis Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was in les arc a few weeks ago and the hire shops were pushing me towards the 87's when i asked what ski's they had. when i got there to pick them up the shop actually said i might be better of with Movement jams as the 87 would not be as good on ice. made a great choice having the jams although i did see a few of the ESF instructors on 87's.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
MogulMonkey, Dynastar has gone all out and provided skis to all of Evo2's instructors and guides and various other Chamonix organisations http://www.dynastar.com/GB/GB/winter-experience-chamonix.html

Genius marketing strategy!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CH2O wrote:
The 8è is floppy compared to the 97, the 97 is a door. all things being equal, hold up and test some SOLE 7's!

You, sir, are evil. Pure evil! I wasn't even thinking of trying the S7s until you showed me last night. I had the best frikkin' day's skiing of my life on those babies today. And that is no exaggeration. I have never skied so fast and so fluidly in powder, tracked out powder, chopped up crud, piste basher crud, trees and on hardpack (yes, I hunted out and found hardpack, just to try).

I skied non-stop for 4 hours without a break because I kept wanting to do more. Stopped long enough to eat a quarter of a sandwich (literally while still clicked into the bindings) and then skied another hour and had to quit when my leg muscles started to tremble.

Hoofed it back to your shop and, well, Seb will fill you in wink (I wasn't even in the market for new skis, I just thought it would be fun to try the Chams while I'm here).

Idris, per the above, it will have to be next season now before I can even consider buying yet another pair of skis after today's completely unexpected purchase Embarassed
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Awesome, they're face achingly good!
ski holidays
So what's happened to the S7 from the first generation - been tweaked or what?
ski holidays
For the purposes of updating this thread, I popped into the test centre today; you can test all of the new skis.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy