Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lost Kit at Geneva Airport

Poster: A snowHead
My 'once' favourite (only) son lost his 'Race Boot Backpack' when leaving Geneva airport yesterday. Long story but all skis and luggage etc loaded and off they went , but 'backpack' was not and was left sitting on the pavement, he is now minus Boots , Helmet , Goggles , gloves.......it gets worse.....iPad.... headphones...chargers...

They rushed back to the airport when they realised it was not in the vehicle , no sign of bag and lost property was closed.

Back today, but nothing handed in and I've spent the day on the phone here in the UK trying to get replacement kit and talking to insurance companies.

Just like to say Hi to whoever picked it up and hope they are happy with their haul. I really hope your head is big as the Helmet and Goggles are small. The boots are stiff and narrow so hope you've hobbit feet.

However maybe my view is wrong and they will feel a pang of guilt and hand it back with all it's contents..............I wish
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
was the ipad in the cloud, if so are you able to "find it"?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scot_Ski wrote:

Just like to say Hi to whoever picked it up and hope they are happy with their haul. I really hope your head is big as the Helmet and Goggles are small. The boots are stiff and narrow so hope you've hobbit feet.

I'd be directing my anger at my son.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Corduroy, bit harsh, these things happen.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
presumably being an airport there will also be lots of cctv coverage!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Scot_Ski wrote:

I'd be directing my anger at my son.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ansta1, no cloud or find my iPad ap......the day can only get better...

Corduroy, he is now under no illusion about checking he has everything...but hey we all make mistakes...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scot_Ski wrote:
...but hey we all make mistakes...

Agreed. I'm sure he knows he made a dumb mistake but I'm also sure that if we're honest we'd all have to admit to making the occassional one. I know I have. Swiping someone else's stuff however is the act of a complete *insert choice of expletive here*.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try the police rather than the airport . . . and always hang back to watch gear being loaded wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scot_Ski, urgh.

if it's any consolation to you and he, I left a new Patagucci jacket, with sunglasses and cash in it at the boarding gate. Managed to get all the way home without realising I was only wearing a t-shirt (it was late spring)...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name, Did the same back-packing in Thailand well before he was born , rucksack with passport's and money left in a travel kiosk when looking for a ferry and beach hut , we were lucky when we went back it was still there.

I'm now paranoid , funnily we checked , passport , tickets etc yesterday on the way to the airport, guess this has not filtered through to him yet, but i guess it will now!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arghh, that's shite. May be worth keeping an eye on eBay to see of the boots, helmet and goggles turn up. And provide us with descriptions, so we can keep an eye on the for sale threads here.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Having seen a pick pocket being wrestled to the ground in arrivals at GVA I'm not surprised,
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
They didn't just shoot him? chocksaway, they usually do.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Really sorry to hear that Sad

Just in case, try getting in touch with the city loet and found office, some details here: www.ge.ch/objets_trouves/
snow report
Presumably you also checked with the airline given that bag was probably still tagged with your flight no etc?
ski holidays
fatbob, Unfortunately he took it onto the BA flight as hand luggage so was not tagged.

Zero-G, Fischer RC4 Vacuum Boots 25.5 (cat tracks attached) , POC X-Skull Helmet (white) , POC Goggles , Leki Trigger Black Mittens , spare Lenses , iPad Gen 1 , Beat Solo HD Headphones

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 6-02-13 13:26; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
fixx, Thanks , I have emailed them and received a reply that they have had nothing sent from the airport since Monday and to check back later this week
snow report
Scot_Ski, what a PITA - it sounds like your travel insurance might be the next stop.
snow conditions
Scot_Ski, is it worth checking with airport security instead? Lone left bags at airports are sometimes removed by airport security and destroyed as a precaution - or so the notices say.
ski holidays
I would not necessarily point the finger at your heir - there's a ton of villains hanging around airports and one of them could have lifted to sac whilst people were distracted - it happens all too often.

They force you to take your shoes off for inspection and strip for a belt buckle but running cameras to stop pickpockets and thieves in a contained area is apparently too much trouble - I wonder who the real crooks are? Ask them to scan the tape of the area where the bag was left at the relevant time and see what answer you get.
ski holidays
Scot_Ski, ugh feel you/you sons pain.

Stuff like this is SO annoying, I'm sure we've all done somethign simmilar.

I left my backpack with passport in a resturant once, luckily when I realised and went back it was still there.
Friends left their suitcases on the pavement by an apartment block in the morning and didn;t realise until we were taking the cars back to the airport that evening! Luckily when they went back they had been seen and taken back into reception. Everyone thought someone else had loaded the bags...!
ski holidays
I agree, in that anyone can forget something but it takes a real bad-hearted tw*t to steal something, if I'd found it it would be straight to lost luggage at GVA.

Whenever I am on a transfer bus, I load my stuff myself or watch the driver load it, and then wait until the luggage doors have been closed. I am just paranoid though. I had my purse lifted on the tube in London once and that was enough.

Best wishes on getting everything back, or getting justice/insurance payout.
snow conditions
Theft is rife at Geneva and on the train from the airport. The other day the train manager put a call over the tannoy to warn passengers that there was a pickpocket operating on the train, this sadly is not unusual. I hate to label the culprits, but they are not Swiss, most hailing from further east in Europe. Luckily most other places are still pretty crime free.
snow report
Keep an eye on ebay, as already suggested. Pheraps www.ebay.ch is a better bet? Also www.ebay.it www.ebay.de www.ebay.fr

My dad has a story of something similar at Milan's central station. The age old bag swap at the ticket kiosk. My dad heard shouting and saw people running through the station, then realised what had happened. A taxi driver had seen the switch and given chase, shouting for help others had caught the guy, by the time my dad caught up a group of people were working the the guy over, then the police arrived, the taxi driver explained the situation and the police took the guy out of sight and 'offered some advice to him' Shocked Laughing They gave my dad his bag back, but told him he would have to attend court the next morning. The guy was stood in court looking a little 'sore', he got a year in nick and a deportation order (back to Algeria) upon his release.

Cant see the same happening on London rolling eyes
snow conditions
Scot_Ski, have you wiped out any confidential data on the iPad (email accounts, bank details etc)? If you didn't have the "Find My ..." app then I'm sure your local Apple store might help (as long as the iPad was registered).
snow report
Final Update - still no sign of the bag or contents and franga, fortunately there was no confidential data on the iPad. He's had fun this week ( i think , his phone is out of charge, replacement on the way) , first day was Super-G training , in a pair of 60 flex boots he borrowed Laughing , managed to get a stiffer pair for Wednesday. Identical boots sourced in the UK and are being taken out by a friend to Genava today , he is booked into the Bootroom in Sanglard, Chamonix for fitting tomorrow. He did enjoy the POC shop in Chamonix though , getting replacement helmet and goggles , that next years Xmas presents sorted, thanks POC for the discount and his insurance which will cover a fair percentage of the loss.

Finally I can think about my self , anybody know any cheap Laughing watering holes in Val D'Isere , off on Sunday and this weeks loss has definately depleted the beer tokens.

Hopefully lesson learnt and he will be a wee bit more careful in the future.
latest report
Scot_Ski, horrible feeling losing stuff or having it pinched, but it is only stuff, it can all be replaced, hopefully paid for by insurance. I stoopidly left my iPhone on a table in Ellmau after taking a photo, I didn't realise until a while after and it had gone, I was so upset at my own stupidity and that some one had taken it, luckily the lovely German couple that picked it up went back to the bar the next day, the same time as my hubby and I got it back, there is sometimes a happy ending, and decent people.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just seen this and its probably too late to do any good, but with Android you can remotely install "find my..." apps once the phone is already lost (dont ask how I know Embarassed )

Its probably the same with Apple?
snow conditions
My g/f and assorted members of her family and I were waiting at one of the French train stations to take the train to the Alps and go skiing. We had carefully piled the luggage in the centre of the restaurant by our table for safety and proceeded to view the menus and order. For some reason, I got a prickling sensation in my neck and turned round to see my 'sac had gone. I caught sight of someone exiting the back of the restaurant, legged I round the front and saw a smartly dressed guy in gloves walking away. I'd noticed him before we stopped off, walking in the other direction and he matched the glimpse I had of the guy leaving the restaurant so I legged it after him and snagged him. He didn't have my 'sac but I figured he had passed it off to an accomplice so I hauled him back to the restaurant figuring he probably had a police record. As I was walking back into the restaurant, I noticed the 'sac on the floor in the passage between the tables, just by the rear exit. He obviously had got spooked and dropped it, then legged it. He started to jabber away about innocence in French when he got the shock of his life as my g/f started to swear at him - at length - in Arabic. She and her brother in law asked him to swear his innocence on the Koran and to Allah. He hesitated too long so I started to break his fingers - accidentally. He then started to shout loud and long in Arabic and the brother in law asked me to let him go as he had apparently promised on his soul to stop thieving (I doubt it). I turned him, kicked hard in the back bottom and he went flying out of the door. We then went skiing.

The moral of this story is - don't trust Parisians to help you. The place was full of French diners and I don't think it was possible for the staff not to notice what was going on. Not one of them said anything nor subsequently raised a finger. After I kicked the guy out, not one person in the place would look me in the eye, including the two people who the guy walked past on his way to lift a bright red rucksac which he subsequently dropped less than 30cm from one of them. This is not the first time I have been in Paris where someone has tried to steal from me as the locals looked on (last time was the Metro). The only thing I now regret was not disabling the thieving twonk's fingers for life - accidentally.
latest report
Scot_Ski, try the Saloon Bar near the Grand Marnier Creperie in the square, bottom of the nursery slopes, happy hour from 3 until 5 I think, two pints for 6 euros. Petit Danois is also 2 for 1 I think but at slightly different times - bit mental in there, especially when they have the Bandeoke on - karaoke to a live band - one of the singers crowdsurfed to get up there when we went in the other week! All good natured though.

I believe Cafe Face also has a happy hour, although we never found it!!

Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy