Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

board replacement

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
looking for a replacement board for my son , his current board is a nitro punisher "circa 2006" but is well and truly knackered from years of teenage abuse , he loves the style of this board , so looking for something similar for high speed riding , have no idea how things have moved on in board technology in the last few years , any ideas for a suitable replacement welcome snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Punisher was a pretty middle-of-the-road, mid-priced, all-mountain board. Would have been standard camber at the time.

Burton Custom/CustomX, Amplid Paradigma, Rome Anthem, all sorts of boards out there.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stevomcd, cheers for the info , started looking into punisher replacements , and realized mys sons ability has outgrown this board , his riding style is high speed turns on all pistes and is capable of handling all snow conditions inbounds , his off piste boarding is limited to bumps and natural jumps to the side of the pistes , and inbound unpisted itineries, he has no ambition to venture any further from the slopes and certainly not into the park
the chioce and varity's seems even bigger in boards than in skis , pretty sure we are looking a "directional all mountain board , but with a 70/30 on/off usage , so maybe a bit of a freeride bias

Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled

he's 23 now 5'11" and 73kg( feet size 9) so thinking around a 160cm , but could do with a few pointers around pop/rocker/camber for the above riding style, we are off zermatt for a trip soon , but not to many board shops there so would like get sorted in uk before we go Cool Cool

cheers snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dabber, you have PM!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

he's 23 now

Surely he can research which board he would like himself then?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kat.ryb, that's helpful cheers Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just that I woukldn't like someone else to buy me a board without my input, so seems a bit odd you're doing the leg work. It is too big a purchase for it not to be the one I like.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kat.ryb, only joking , i am doing the initail leg work as this is a present , we will then attempt to try out the best three contenters for suitability , and of course the final choice will end with the lad !!

short list so far is

amplid paradigma
burton custom 2012/13
jones mountain twin

any thoughts ??????
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

any thoughts ??????

I can't even choose a board for myself! Reviews of all those look pretty good.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I demo'd the Jones and didn't really like it. It was stiff and responsive, but didn't seem to have much pop or snap. Just felt a bit lifeless and door-like to me. Some people love it though.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stevomcd, had a trip down to TSA for a quick looksie last night with the lad , he didn't like the jones either , the custom Flying V was nice as well as the custom camber , looking to find a paradigma in the uk ,
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I really like my Rome Anthem (it's about an 08/09 model), but I've not tried any others on the list to compare. Might be worth a demo if you can.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy