Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

http://www.swisspasses.com

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone here used http://www.swisspasses.com/ ? I'm considering buying train, skipass and ski rental from them - looks like a well-organised website and reasonable prices (similar to buying individually). Would appreciate any feedback from people who have used them before...

Many thanks,

-simon
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Szymon, I've usec them a couple of times for ski and rail passes. Very reliable.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Claude B wrote:
Szymon, I've usec them a couple of times for ski and rail passes. Very reliable.

+1
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just make sure you have a validated ticket BEFORE you get on the train:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21294241
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What makes me wonder a little is that they advertise Geneva to Chamonix by train from GVA.

This is not a good idea.

It's a frankly terrible idea.

It does not give me a good feeling that they know what they are talking about.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks folks.

Can anyone confirm what they have told me - that it's ok to buy a transfer ticket and return to a *different* airport? We are going ZRH->Zermatt one way, then Zermatt->GVA on the return. The gentleman I spoke to on the phone said this would be fine. Any confirmation or denials?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Szymon, check ticket conditions at the Swiss rail site www.sbb.ch
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Szymon, when I used a Swiss pass (or possibly Swiss Carte - the transfer one anyway), I don't think it actually had an airport on it, you just validated it by writing your name and date of use on, and it would get you back to an exit point. As long as you are on a train going in the direction of an airport, you should be ok.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name, I did look and it seems unclear to me.

Scarlet, many thanks!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Szymon, Wot Scarlet said.
The Swiss transfer ticket has 2 columns on it, one for your outward journey and one for your return journey. You just write in the day and month of your journey in the appropriate column (best not to write in the 2nd (return) column until the day of your actual return in case your arrangements change due to unforeseen circumstances). There are no actual details of your airport or resort on the ticket - you are covered for travel between any swiss airport and any swiss resort. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Superb, thanks much!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I confirm I have used just as Alistair says, including going to Chamonix (France) from Klosters via Martigny (Switz). Can't remember whether there was a charge from the border at le Chatelard for the last (french) bit to Cham .... I don't think so but does anyone know this ?
As has been commented above , the written conditions are unclear (probably a translation shortcoming ? ) but I got verification of my above summary from Switzerland Tourism at the time, and it worked.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Szymon, slight vested interest warning as I used to work for the guys at swisspasses who are the same company as on the piste holidays (Otp.co.uk)

I say slight vested interest as I don't work for them anymore although I do still order my transfer passes through them so am a customer of the last 5 years.

Yes you can use the transfer pass to two different airports, have done it a couple of times myself.

Jeff who runs the company is based out in Zermatt and very good at the admin side and getting passes straight in the postal system as soon as they're ordered. Although based out there he can ship them from the UK if needed quickly or arrange for them to be picked up at the airport if needed VERY quickly (I have a bad tendency not to plan my trips and just see a powder dump and go the next day)

Farley Goode, For some reason Chamonix is covered by the Swiss pass and as such doesn't cost any more from the border to there. It's detailed on the sbb synoptic map if you can find a copy online.

under a new name, I don't think he's neccesarily recommending geneva to Cham by rail merely saying it is possible and as such is a service he can provide (being an sbb agent)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fastandicy, umm, it's on his front page and would appear to me to be a recommended and premium service. Just sayin.

Will elaborate that I cannot in most circumstances see how a 1 hr motorway transfer would be a worse idea than more expensive 4 hour train transfer.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
under a new name, fair enough. He doesn't sell motorway transfers though.

If I ran a business selling quorn mince then I doubt anyone would expect me to have a web front page explaining that beef actually tastes a lot better. It's a business, not a travel advice service. rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy