Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rauris.... Anybody been??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all looking for a bit of info in Rauris in Austria, hope you folks can help me out.... Just came back from Mayrhofen with my partner and it was her first week ski ing, being a lady of vintage(52) she was very very nervous but managed to understand the theory and practice snow plough turns on very flat blues.... We are looking to go again this season and wondered if anybody has any ideas for a small resort with very gentle blues she can hope to conquer!!! I've looked at Rauris and it seems to fit the bill, so if anybody has any ideas or been to Rauris any info would be appreciated... Thanks all in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The search function is your friend. See this thread.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kabby, The only very flat COMPLETE pistes are the nursery slopes by the ski school served by a "behind the knees" type drag. Further up the mountain there are sections of all blue pistes that are flat and if she is a reasonably good snowplougher she will be able to get down the "family run". A flatish track goes to the other side of the mountain but its reds over there and a chair decent to base which is quite a schlep from the ski school base. Look up ski school Karl Maier, excellent instruction at good rates and mrs Kabby will come on in leaps and bounds. Very Happy Also try looking up raurisskigang.net for lots more info.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went to Rauris last year. Basically it is a two slope resort but is in effect dominated by one slope that is served by two gondolas. The pistes are wide and allow plenty of room for turning. It is a very friendly if small resort. If you want to really please your partner (and your good self) try and stay at the Hotel Rauriserhof (Crystal Ski) - fantastic food, you are well looked after, horse drawn carriage trip included, all in all what a hotel should be - look it up on Trip Advisor. The ski bus stops right outside and is as regular as clockwork.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just had two weeks there at the British Telemark Championships. Great place to ski with families and nervous beginners. The nursery slopes at the bottom are gentle enough for the most timid and I'm sure she'll soon be on the gondola. From mid-station there is an easy Blue (Road) across to the Waldham where ther is a good blue slope served by a button that you can go up and down all day. Reds are wide and cruising style, but there are no 'easy' runs back to the village, so come down in the gondola from mid-station. The village is very nice with quiet night life with a selction of restaurants that all serve similar local fare. The "Little Italian" near the Rauriserhoff does an excellent Antipasta. Cafe Stadl for nice cakes and if you must drink copious amounts of local beer then Thomsas and Ava in the "Shake's Beer" will see you right. Karl Maier ski school is excellent with English instructors as well as locals, but ask for Mario for the best tuition. You must go and see Anna-Maria at the Cafe at the top of the Gondola. Think Heidi playing the accordian, usually after 15.00. Egger Ski for ski hire. Rauriserhoff for a spot of luxury, but if you're on a budget I can highly recommend the B&B Hotel Weishoff where Gaby looks after everyone so well.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy