Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cut Price Christmas for Student/Charity workers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

Im taking three friends of mine snowboarding over half term. Two of them work for an urban youth outreach charity while studying http://www.xlp.org.uk and when they announced they were going a load of their co-student/workers indicated a serious desire to go, along with a number of my other random friends. Sadly for them, for this trip, its too late! Toofy Grin

However, Im thinking of trying to organise a trip for them (and of course, myself, Im not Santa Claus) for Christmas this year (has to be during term holidays, and yes, it has to be planned that far in advance).

So my question to you lovely people is: How exactly should I go about doing it for these kids? I say kids, but they are in their late teens (17-20), and Im not trying to organise an outing for just these people, any of my other random friends who are interested will be able to tag along.

It needs to be absolutely rock bottom cheap. I realise this is not exactly the activity for poor people, but it doesnt have to cost £1000 per person.
It needs to cater for either 'boarding or skiing (Im a boarder, dont judge me) and lessons will definitely be needed for the vast majority of the kids, along with ski hire.

I was initially looking at trying to put the entire thing together from scratch, transport, private chalet and so on. Then I got intimidated by the amount of organisational skill required to put it all together.
Ive found http://www.snowcoach.co.uk and it seems reasonable, and any 'freebies' will be divided up amongst the rest of the kids to lower the individual cost per person.

This is just an idea at this point, but I think it could be fun for everyone involved, and Im willing to do the legwork to potentially make it happen.

Thoughts?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
zanarchist, sounds a terrific idea. Snowcoach are a good low cost operator - done a couple of holidays with them in the past, by coach, and they were fine. No, it doesn't have to cost £1000 but it's likely to cost £750, realistically.

Another suggestion is to use Action Outdoors, coach to Flaine UCPA centre. Full board, tuition, passes, equipment, the lot. The brochure price for a week, including coach from London, about £765 but you might get a reduction for quantity. There's a discount code somewhere on snowheads too (ask Scampi Dellahanti).

The whole point of UCPA Centres is to provide high quality sporting experience for young people.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What pam w, suggests will probably work out best.

Another coach option is skiweekends (they do full weeks too!).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you go the UCPA route remember they often do extra discount for students on production of a valid student ID card which will bring the cost down further still. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 for UCPA & coach to Flaine or Val D (think those are the only 2 you can coach to)

All in so minimal hassle for you, the organiser. Good quality lessons, kit hire, food. Good fun. Very good vlaue.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A lot of unis organise very cheap ski trips either at Xmas or Easter, it may be worth contacting a couple of uni societies either for information, or even the possibility of tagging your lot on?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

A lot of unis organise very cheap ski trips either at Xmas or Easter

cheap until you add the booze bills. wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It was an eye opener seeing SCUM in Les Arcs a couple of Easters ago pam w, whilst I made the most of my student years, I think I missed out not going on a uni ski trip Shocked

(I didn't ski then and wouldn't have been able to afford it).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I went with Snowcoach a couple of times to Valmeiner. They offer very good discounts for their family rooms which sleep up to 6 - two sets of bunk beds and two single beds. I think we got free lift passes for 3rd + adult share etc. so do bear these discounts in mind when comparing costs. Never been with UCPA but always see it highly recommended on this forum. Christmas is early in the season and UCPA would give you the choice of higher altitude resorts which are more snow sure for this time of year.

Good luck.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the support and info guys (and gals). Im going to get a rough idea of how many people would like to go, and then get hold of snowcoach directly and see about getting a quote. Ill use that as a baseline in comparing other methods.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy