Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My mates 21 year old daughter is!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
A skier and is going skiing with all of us in 2 weeks time, She is In her final year at University and is doing her dissertation on "Peoples dining out habits in relation to the current economic climate"

Would you all mind filling in a quick survey to assist her to get a wide range of people/demographic type thingumy

http://www.smart-survey.co.uk/s/68783UQEKX

Many thanks

Tim B
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Done
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chasseur,

Obliged, may bump this at the weekend Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is it only for people living in England ? Confused

Where do you live?
North West
Yorkshire & Humber
North East
West Midlands
East Midlands
East of England
London
South West
South East
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scot_Ski, everyone knows that Scots just eat freshly trapped haggis Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Scot_Ski,

Just tick North West Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
done
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scot_Ski,

Ta, will give her an ear bashing for forgetting our friendly Northeners
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Done!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Done.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Done
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Couldn't complete it - How often do you dine out does not allow for "only when away on (frequent) holidays"
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Done
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
done. although i bristled at the apostrophe in "cafe's".
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Done but the amount I spend on dining out depends on where I go, so sometimes it's less than a tenner, sometimes it's more than £50 so it was difficult to choose an option, (and there's no apostrophe in "cafes"). is a takeaway "dining out"?
ski holidays
Done.

As well as the price one (I'll spend a tenner or less on pub grub, more for a half decent restaurant, more still for a special occasion fine dining), the jump from eating out once a week to every day doesn't leave much wiggle room.
snow report
done but Q 14 is very badly phrased, my answer was "yes" to one clause, "no" to the other (and anyway it's not applicable if you don't use vouchers).

I agree about the spend. I spend a big range of money on "eating out". Have been known to share chicken wings and chips on a sunny terrace in the local ski resort, but am not always so skinflint. wink
ski holidays
Scot_Ski wrote:
Is it only for people living in England ? Confused
Florida's not on that list either rolling eyes
snow report
Question Separator!
ski holidays
I filled it in but cannot understand why people ask for these surveys to be completed. Why not fill a load in at random yourself and then extract the information accordingly?, load the questions to suit your answers if you like.
ski holidays
Basil,

Coz that would be cheating.

Honesty is non-negotiable, ask Simon Walsh Shocked
ski holidays
done - though wonder if I'll skew it slightly. I 'dine out' lots (several times a week) because friends know I'm skint* but still want to see me but don't like me watching their plates while they eat. So by 'dining out' I get a lot of coffee bought for me. And cake. But never whole meals, as that would be taking the wee wee and just too shameful.

That said - recession has only affected me in that I have no choice but to stay self-employed. Better than desperately searching for a job and not getting, I guess.

So uh - combine 'I dine out lots' with 'it's never more than a fiver'.

*relatively speaking. Yes I bought skis and go on ski holidays, but I don't buy new stuff (clothes, shoes etc) ever and my friends are lawyers.
snow report
Thanks all, keep em coming.

I have sent the link to my mate, so his Daughter can read your comments as well. May give her food for thought with her dissertation.
snow conditions
Done.

Would suggest that the income question should ask household income - I don't earn as I'm a student, but the OH has a grown up job and subsidises my life. Answers to the remaining questions based on my income don't make sense.

Also agree with Dav, there is nothing between every day and once a week - which means I had to go with best fit.
snow report
Timbobaggins, Of course it is not cheating, perhaps loading the data to suit your strengths is a bit cheeky, but extracting the relevant results from random data?, no. There cannot be any right or wrong answer from a survey, just how you interpret it. And it saves time, she could have had it finished by now.
ski holidays
Q15 : there's no option for dining out more often.
latest report
done
snow conditions
Done, but agree with Spannah re household income - I answered it based on that.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Done but not the best set of questions in the world, not enough options, wiggle room, what about Wales, rest of Europe? When I'm on a sliding holiday I eat out every day, when I'm at home very rarely.
snow report
Q14 has two opposing questions inherent. Cannot be answered. Poor logic. Edit - as PamW has already highlighted.
ski holidays
The last option seemed at odds with the other questions, also it didn't cover someone that was both self employed and employed part-time. Additonally, It didn't have a 'once in a blue moon' option for frequency of eating out either Laughing However, despite any shortcomings I've put in some answers.
snow conditions
No option for business meetings and business travel (or holiday travel), which account for most of my restaurant meals.
snow report
Hi all, these replies as well as the survey completion are very welcome. I as stated have forwarded the link to my mate and his daughter, hopefully all this will help.
latest report
Megamum wrote:
The last option seemed at odds with the other questions, also it didn't cover someone that was both self employed and employed part-time. Additonally, It didn't have a 'once in a blue moon' option for frequency of eating out either Laughing However, despite any shortcomings I've put in some answers.

Oh. And this. But I refer to myself as self-employed, even if it's the above.
snow conditions
Done
snow report
Done
latest report
I thought you were gonna say she was hot and this thread was gonna be all about how on earth you were going to suppress your thoughts for the week away. I can't help feeling a little disappointed!
snow report
Done - although confused why takeaway was in dining out options
snow conditions
Done - agree with j9 on takeaway confusion :S
latest report
Only eat Spuds here in Norin Iron hey! In or Out...... Toofy Grin

Andy.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy