Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski school advice for Champagny en Vanoise

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello there. I am new to the site, but looking for a little advice. Finally getting round to taking the kids for our first family ski holiday in early March to Champagny. I have a boy (10) who has skied once and I am not too worried about putting him into ski school due to character and aptitude. My daughter (Cool is a slightly different case and is already a bit nervous. I really want to make sure she falls in love with skiing. So, my questions would be: a) IF we could stretch to some private lessons do people feel this is better for a nervous first timer than a group ESF lesson where they can't guarantee an all-English group? b) IF answer to a) is YES, would it work to have my son in the lessons with her given that he is likely (without pre-judging too much!) to be at a slightly higher level than his sister? c) If going private, does anyone know alternatives to ESF in Champagny? or can you organise lessons in La Plagne (have never been so do not know the set up). d) Am I being pathetic and should I just shove them in ESF Champagny group lessons and hope for the best? Many thanks in advance for suggestions.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My daughter is 8 rather than being a smiley face with sunglasses!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RuzaW wrote:
c) If going private, does anyone know alternatives to ESF in Champagny? or can you organise lessons in La Plagne (have never been so do not know the set up). .

It would have to be on the 'instructor meet you at the top of the Champagny bubble basis if you do that' - you can't get from Champagny to La Plagne easily unless via skis (2 sides of a mountain) and i guess driving round would be an hour plus

d) Am I being pathetic and should I just shove them in ESF Champagny group lessons and hope for the best? Many thanks in advance for suggestions.[/quote]

I would give it a whirl..
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd spend an afternoon with an instructor in a U.K. snow dome or dry slope, so your daughter finds out what boots feel like to wear and walk in, how you put a ski on and off, just the feeling of being kitted out etc. My daughters were always happy learning from instructors whose grasp of english was limited to "For sure" and we made sure we occansionally crossed paths every so often with the ski school, so they didn't get the feeling of abandonment.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for that. Snow dome and ski school seems like a plan.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RuzaW, I'd give it a whirl with the ESF in Champagny. Most of the instructors have reasonable English and there are likely to be other English children around.

There is only the ESF ski school in Champagny and you would have to drive to Courchevel every day for an alternative. It would be too difficult to get them over to the other La Plagne vilages if it is their first time.

If the group lessons fail you could then revert to private lessons. Friends of ours are in group lessons this week and they are limiting the class size to 5 people.
However, early March is Paris holiday week so am not sure if that will be the case then.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy