Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

courchevel with a toddler

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, am heading to le praz for a week in early march with a group including my wife and 2 year old. Does anyone have any info or suggestions of things my wife can do with him during the day such as soft play, hotels where they could use swimming pools, outside play areas etc. I've tried searching but am having little luck so far.

Also any suggestions of child friendly places we could meet for a reasonably priced lunch? Have been to the three valleys a few times but never really kept an eye out for such places as in the past its not been important!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

Does anyone have any info or suggestions of things my wife can do with him during the day
[/quote]
Is he just two, or nearly three? My grand-daughter, 2 and 10 months, had a ball here at Christmas. She absolutely adored toboganning - all they need is a €3 toboggan and a modest slope. She also much enjoyed playing with a bucket and spade, in the snow, making "snowcastles" - an activity which would also be fun for a younger 2 year old, though their tolerance for the cold is obviously limited once the gloves get wet
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We had not intended that she should have a go at skiing, but she had other ideas. That was a great success too, thanks to having a lovely little nursery slope with a free rope tow, right near the apartment and a strong and competent skiing Dad to help (Mum could have helped, but she was busy with the 9 month old). Ella also went right up to the top of the mountain on a chairlift (Christmas Eve was amazingly warm, sunny and snowy).

When the weather wasn't so good, or she was tired, she had lots of fun playing in the apartment. She spent hours playing imaginary "cafe ladies" and I made her some playdough to serve as cakes and sandwiches.

Finally, are you intending to do some of the looking after too? Carrying a toddler round in the snow, helping them with the toboganning, building a snowman etc can be quite tiring, as well as being a lot of fun. Unless the whole family enjoy their holiday, your days of skiing could be numbered. wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I seem to recall a soft play centre at 1850 in the building on the snow front where you buy lift passes etc.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When we went 2yrs ago in the week before Christmas they were building a soft play in the main lift station building in 1850. Don't know if they have it there this season?

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 20-01-13 11:43; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My 2 year old grand-daughter loves riding round on buses - which tend to be free in ski resorts (and in the UK as I'm an OAP). That can while away a good few hours.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the response - josh will be 1 week shy of his 2nd birthday when we go so think skiing will be beyond him. Sledging should be good though - we've beeb out practicing in the snow this morning and ut semed to go well. Am i right in thinking there is a little area in la tania he could do that? Good call on the buses too.

Sounds promising on soft play - does anyone else know more?

Oh and i won't forget to share the toddler duties and give mum some vino and pastry time!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Our eldest enjoyed the bubble lifts when he was that age, I think it's under 5's can get a free lift pass and if your not skiing you can get a relatively cheap lift pass so i'm sure through a combination of buses and lifts you'd be able meet up at different places on the mountain for lunch with those that are skiing. Also early March there is firework displays at the different levels which are always good fun.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brucie_watts, is Mum a skier?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
brucie_watts, I'm pretty sure there's a little play park in Le Praz too which would be convenient.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
brucie_watts, is Mum a skier?

occasionally but she enjoys ski trips as much for the scenery, food and general feeling as for the skiing!!

Play park in le praz sounds ideal!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was wondering if she might enjoy a private lesson, preferably with a cute Frenchman?

Or maybe, if she likes the wider mountain ambiance, a snowshoeing outing?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
brucie_watts, I've checked the Courchevel website and the play area in 1850 seems to be for 3+ http://www.courchevel.com/winter/en/la-croisette-play-area-e201.html

However, the following may be of interest (from the same site)

There are some nurseries which may be of interest http://www.courchevel.com/winter/en/kindergartens-rs199.html

There is also a mention of play areas in the tourist offices. I know the one in 1650 has paper and crayons for colouring in and I think maybe some lego - I am sure the others are similar.

Also there is a swimming pool at 1550 which might be fun if your toddler likes the water.

There are frequent buses between all the Courchevel resorts so you should have no problem getting around.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
goozy, sounds good - do you have to get an actual pass for them or do they just ride free (like on the train over here)?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi,

I live near Le Praz year round and though my son is nearly 10 now I can still remember that far back! All bus travel is free as is the lift pass for under 5's. I have seen sledge prams for hire or a rucksack is good. Try holidaybabyhire.com for advice and equipment. The ski shop in le Praz hires sledges. There is a good pool in Meribel which you could get to by lift, (valley pass required), or car otherwise I use the small pool in the Hotel Montana in La Tania-1m40 deep, the Carlina and Chatbisou in 1850 are lovely but not cheap. There is a small play park in Le Praz too and lots of walker paths. Down in Bozel-(20 min ride free bus several times a day) there is a proper park and some nice shops and cafes, especially if the weather is nice it is lovely there.

Flocon
latest report
J9, thanks for the links - sure it'll be ok can try the 3+ one.

flocon, do you know how much it is to use the pool at hotel montana? Will keep a trip to bozel in mind too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy