Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calling Peisey/Vallandry experts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off to Peisey next year, and one of the reasons is the New Generation school at Vallandry. Their childrens' classes start at 9:15 this year - question is how easy/possible is it to get from Peisey (we're actually staying in Nancroix) to Vallandry in the morning - I guess the options are navette to the lobster pots followed by either a chair up and a ski down, or shuttle bus.

Anyone know how the timings work and which is the best way to get there?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
andy from embsay, depending on time of year, I think your best bet is up the lobster pot then shuttle bus. While ski up and down would be nice I doubt the lifts will be open at that time.

It is only a short walk through on the paths, but not sure you'd want to do that with kids and clobber

Thinking about it, you can get the buss direct from Nancroix I'm sure
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Boris, I'd thought lobster pots and bus (not sure what time the bus from Nancroix goes though) - but wasn't sure what time the buses run (or indeed how frequent they are).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try this link, haven't looked in detail but may have the info http://www.peisey-vallandry.com/www-fiche_village-N-NAVETTEHIV-1722-HIVER-UK-PEISEY_VALLANDRY.html
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andy from embsay,

A few points

1) Depending on the time of year the opening time of the Peisey lift can be 09:15 - so that could rather booger's the plan to go up and down again. if you're on an 09:00 lift opening then that'll be a peak week and such might get queues - have queued for 5-10 minutes for the 09:00 lift before now.

2) Lobster pots open a little earlier IIRC, but not much use if your in nancroix - as you'll have to get a bus to them anyway

3) I had lessons with New Gen, staying in Plan-Peisey on the first day I got the bus round to vallandry, to ensure I was there on time. I was there with ample time but then stopped in the wrong place so wasted 5 minutes trying to find the instructor. Thereafter as new gen is small, we arranged to meet at the entrance to the 2300 lift, which was much more convenient for the group - it's in the middle between the peisey &vallandry chairs

Boris's link is quite handy and on that is the timetable - http://www.peisey-vallandry.com/documents/Fiche_horaire_du_05-01-13_au_15-02-13.pdf - Line 3 - if you take the 08:45 from the site nordique - ask your chalet hosts if there's a nearer intermediate stop, but that is the bus you need. Get off at the cinema, walk up the steps and you're pretty damned close to the bottom of the 74 lift.

Checking that timetable, I'm surprised that's there's noting leaving nancroix after 08:45 - until 12. So if you miss the early run, you are boogered fully. 1 less sherbert the night before then..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andy from embsay, if you check your lesson times and also speak with the ski school, there is a direct bus at certain times in the morning and afternoon to and from the village to the resort which saves using the lobster pots lift. Maybe they can match your lesson times to this bus. New Gen is very expensive, so I hope they are flexible for you. Worth a try. Hope this helps.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just came back from Vallandry and had my other half in lessons with New Gen - there were some in her group staying in Plan-Piesey, and after the first day they ust arranged to meet them slightly later in a more accessable location from their accomodation. It meant they missed 5 mins of the start of the lesson, but didn't mean a long drawn out trip to reach the bottom of Vallandry lift every day, so all were happy.

If you drop them an email or give John a ring (he's the manager for the Vallandry ski school) I'm sure they'd be happy to arrange something similar.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all - have emailed them but no reply.

It;s not til next yea anyway, but my kids had a bad experience with ESF and aren't keen on going back, hence we're looking for an English school. They are quite pricy (€399 for 5 days) but it's 4 1/4 hours a day, and they seem to have a brilliant reputation. Haven't seen any other small group/English speaking schools in that area so assumed New Gen were it.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanksbertie bassett - I think our chalet's next door to l'Ancolie, and apparently the bus stops right outside - so hopefully the 8:45 bus'll be fine - if needed I'll throw them out of the door onto the bus!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bertie bassett, The buses run every half hour from the Nordic centre, through Nancroix to the Lobster pots - can't open your link to see the times as our internet is dodgy, but I've caught them several times this holiday.

andy from embsay, I shall look out for the chalet next to L'Ancolie next time I'm passing. I think the best way is to ask NewGenJon to meet at tthe bottom of the 2300 lift for lessons in the morning - very easy for the kids to meet him there - just a quick & easy ski down from the top of the Peisey lift - which is opening at 9.15 at the moment.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
andy from embsay, One of the early navettes fomr Nancroise goes to Vallandry ! peisey perhaps the 8:30 IIRC.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks allanm, looks like we should be ok.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy