Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Edge Tuning Tools

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
Purchased myself ome second hand skis. Been in touch with the seller and they have been serviced and waxed before despatch. Going away next week and in the long run will be looking to service my skis myself.
My question is; is it worth buying a multi tool to keep my edges sharp, something like the FK/SKS Edge trick and also thinking of getting a zardoz not wax puck to top up with through the week.
Any opinions welcome.

9 more sleeps Razz

Mat
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MJS, I use edge trick evryday while in resort, just to remove burrs, it can also have a diamond stone as well to polish edges.. I find zardox does not last more than a day, and they need a hot wax mid week especially if conditions are hard like they are at present. You may need some elastic bands to get brakes out of the way, and put skis in corner of room to brace them to make it easier. Also put some water on stones to lubricate Embarassed

became a series of random thoughts!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MJS, wouldn't it be cheaper (and better) just to buy a normal guide/clamp/stone setup?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mosha Marc, edge trick is cheap and does all angles. its about £20 max with oxide and diamond stone

Its also good if travelling hand luggage only, i have had a security person asking what the normal guides are, and then stating trademens tools.....i will confiscate them! .........a long arguement was started!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can you get a replacement stone for an edge-trick? I don't know if I haven't been using it correctly, but I think my stone is worn out and I haven't used it many times.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Megamum, spyderjon is your friend for that i think
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I give my skis a good wax before I go and using Zardoz every day have never found that I needed to wax again mid week. I do impregnate the bases with it prior to waxing and do a long scrape and wax, scrape and wax and brush session.

I much prefer an edge guide and diamond file touch up rather than the tools.

carroz, Just tell them that it is a measure to check angles Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hello just get the new machine for edge , this one is way better than the old one. Just done one ski in 2 minutes .

http://www.myskiroom.com/shop/fr/machine/195-wintersteiger-discman-2-s-.html
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy