Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic C9 skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Somebody at work is selling some Atomic C9 170cm skis photo shows bindings on them.

THey are asking £25 which sounds an utter bargain? Anybody know anything about these? Never bought skis before but at that price I am very tempted.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had a pair, ask them what year but I'd say they are going to be pretty old at this point. I'm 5'9" and 85kgs and I found them a bit soft, prone to flapping at speed, but reviews at the time thought they were great, so they may suit you more than they did me. I gave mine away to someone on here a few years ago as scottish rockhoppers.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oldish intermediate piste ski from the middle of the last decade. Fairly soft but reasonable edge grip for quite a soft ski. Very narrow waist and horrible in any kind of soft snow but then, that's not what they're for. I learnt to carve on these and they were ideal for that - easy to get the "railing" feeling for the first time and not so stiff that you got kicked out of bed if you got your weight in the wrong place.

£25 is an utter steal. Check out how much edge they've got left and have a good look at the bases. They're also foam cored so I wouldn't expect them to be that lively after many weeks of heavy use.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Perhaps see if he'll chuck in a Black and White Tv and you've got a bargin!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My wife is still skiing on them - perfectly sensible intermediate carving ski. Very much a piste ski
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Perhaps see if he'll chuck in a Black and White Tv and you've got a bargin!

Because piste skis for intermediates are totally different now to how they were five years ago.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gorilla, No such thing as piste skis for intermediates, just poor quality expert ones. Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the comments. I would say I am an intermediate skier, don't get out often enough to be anything more. The only issues I have ever had with hired ski's has been bindings not releasing when they should hence rupturing my ACL. I have always been happy with the way whatever I am given skis. Which again shows I am not particularly advanced and I am more than happy just on piste and tend to avoid black runs. The price is such that I am thinking why not?

Though they may be a bit long do me I think I was in 165s last time. I am 5'7 and weigh 12st 6 at the minute (though that is post Christmas weigh-in and I am back on the case on that front:-))

I am taking a look at them tomorrow when he brings them onto site.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Would think the length is OK, I'm 5'9" ish intermediate and tend to go for piste skis between about 165 and 175
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davkt, thanks!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Rental skis have adjustable bindings to adjust them for different boots but I believe that normal owned skis the bindings are fixed so most likely I would need to get them moved. How easy a job is that?

Thanks
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Don't worry he has gone and sold them to someone else.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I ahave fond memories of skiing on C9s about 10 years ago. They were quite pleasant - quite a classic for their day. Today's carvers are a bit easier to live with, I think. as they are not quite so eager to turn without being asked. But maybe I have more control now. Maybe not....

snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I think. as they are not quite so eager to turn without being asked

I wrote off my first helmet on Trolles in Tignes as a result of this very feature. A few inches of fresh snow, a brief weighting error and the back of my head it the ground first. Maybe I suck less now.

NickyJ, sorry to hear they went elsewhere.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
gorilla, thanks, a bit gutted as I asked to see them yesterday but he hasn't bought them into work. When I said lunch time was easiest for me I was quite prepared to meet with him first thing if he had said it would be better. Still guess it save hassle of adjusting bindings etc, and I have already booked the ski hire for my trip in April.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy