Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Too young for a knee replacement, how much will a Ski Mojo help?

Poster: A snowHead
The OH has a shot knee. Arthritis in the knee cap area. According the the surgeon this is the hardest bit of the knee to do something with to get an improvement. He had cortisone, then an arthroscopy to clean it all out a few years ago and just recently more cortisone which he feels hasn't helped. The surgeon has pretty much said that there's nothing else to be done, there are a couple of procedures but they don't get great results and are expensive. He has been told he needs a knee replacement but at 42 is too young as he will wear it out too quickly.

He's pretty fed up with it and spent the week on ibuprofen which didn't really help and his knee was twice the size of the other. He felt his skiing was impaired (though if I skied normally like he does with a bad knee I would be very happy Laughing)

Will a Ski Mojo help him? How? and how much difference/improvement could he hope to get with it? Also where do people recommend to go and get one fitted preferably North West?

Thank you very much.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think knee replacements only last 15 ish years but why can't he end up with two replacements?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gryphea, I don't know! Maybe there are issues with doing revision surgery. Surgeon definitely said he is too young and that a knee replacement means a lifestyle change.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sarah, I think a Mojo would be a big help.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I know a ski instructor with no knees they use a Mojo, very difficult unless you are a pro to detect. Sorry know no info on importer or fitter, I was going to suggest Bicester but that is cynical they do not sell them in the Village.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, Cynic, thanks a lot. He is sceptical but I will persuade him to give it a go, nope I will get on and order one for him, belated Christmas present Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sarah, http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/ have a lot of experience with the mojo, I believe scott also uses one himself and although he is based down south, he will give you some good advice if you drop him an email or PM him on here scottydog
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Neville, thanks.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sarah, Another vote for yes, it will help. If you get no luck with edge and wax, then try mr mojo himself, he is a sH or contact him through his website directly. He's extremely helpful and will advise you on a) if it's the right thing and b) who may be able to fit one for you in the North West.

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Schuss in Boots, thank you too. The website says there is a place in Burnley which I've never heard of but if it's any good would be convenient as the OH's sister lives there and so we can kill two birds with one stone wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sarah, Perfick! Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks every one for advice with this. We went to see Gary at Gaz's Outdoor Warehouse in Burnley today http://ridersnsliders.com/ hubby tried one on, was impressed and ordered one from Gary there and then. Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to Gary as I'd phoned ahead and he said he would come back to open the shop up for us after the footy (well done the Clarets!), what a thoroughly nice fella and very knowledgeable about the product. Nice little shop and he does ski servicing by hand too snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My pal has a mojo best thing he has ever bought,
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It should make a real difference.
For north west filters contact Martin via the Ski All Day web site.
Best money i spent for a long time!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
FraserP, Filters Puzzled

sarah, Fab news, glad you got it sorted Very Happy
snow report
Schuss in Boots, thanks and off for a scan and to see the consultant on Friday, things are looking up (for me to have another week away this season Toofy Grin )

FraserP, Thanks, do you mean fitters? Only ones in NW I could see from website are Gaz's where we went and Anything Technical in Kendal, just a bit too far for us.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy