Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier 23rd Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Yes I'm off there again. Hubby and I going to Monetier-les-Bains, to the Hotel Alliey. OUr Xmas present to each other, beats socks and perfume. All we'll buy each other is a book to read while we are away. NOw, I'mm off to do that snow dance. snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks to your helpful advice I'm now off to Serre Che on 12 March....yippee!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
homphomp, great news!!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

...perfume....

isn't that what duty free (or whatever it is these days) for Wink Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dan, as we both sell perfume at work , no.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
homphomp, where you staying in Villeneuve ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have you been to the Alliey before? We're going for the first time in Feb. Sounds excellent. Is the nearest lift walkable? Thanks
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JonMitch, welcome to snowHeads. Not sure about the Alliey, but is this your first trip to Serre Chevalier?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JonMitch, we have stayed in the Alliey before, about a 5 min walk to lift, but village ski bus stops outside. Food is excellent, make sure that ski gear is generous around the waist.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just checking out the routes from NIce Airport, we have decided to fly there instead, as Easyjet to Geneva from Newcastle wasn't at convenient times, and the drive is still quite a long one. Anyone done this route before, AA and Michelin disagree on the route, one taking us via Turin, the other via Vars and Guillestre.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You are better off flying to Torino - only about an hours drive and the possibility of buses it you're lucky
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Welcome to snowHeads brendangibson, useful first post too. If you can get the flights from Newcastle Helen, then I'd have thought the Turin option far better, from experience. Mind you, I managed to make the journey in 1.5 hours and wasn't exactly hanging around Wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mark Hunter, no flight to Turin from up here, except charter, and as it's a 4 hour drive to either Stansted or Luton, plus 1.5 form Turin, we figured it's actually quicker and cheaper to get a direct flight to Nice, as we often need a hotel room near Stansted.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I did wonder Helen. Thats's a bit of a bug really.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
iI think Ryanair are starting a flight to Bergamo which will be closer than Nice,but not until end of Feb, also there's a Sleazyjet to Geneva, but we thought the Col du Lauteret might be a bit dodgy in bad weather , in the dark, as the flight doesn't get to GVA until 9ish. Nice is early morning, and we can take a couple of routes depending on the weather, adn stil have plenty of time. Aslo, late flight out, so can probably manage a morning's skiing before we have to leave Very Happy
snow report
Mark Hunter, if I remember correctly, you had a nice trip throught a certain tunnel.......................
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, no there's no need to go raking over my inadvertant diversion through the Frejus tunnel, 5k's the other side, before realising the error, and turning round and paying to go through it again Embarassed Nice tunnel the Frejus, as tunnels go.

I did think about taking one of the mountain pass routes, but the way things were going, that really could have turned into a drama!

Anyway, thanks for the reminder Laughing
latest report
Mark Hunter, Very Happy , I don't think the mountain pass is open in the Winter anyway, so turning round was your best option .
ski holidays
Bumping this back up to see if anyone else will be there, arriving late afternoon on 23rd, and leaving mid-afternoon on Fri 28th.
ski holidays
It's snowing today, anyone for a last minute? Maggi, I'll save you some snow!!
snow conditions
Cheers, Helen, have a great time Very Happy
snow conditions
Well, th cases are all packed, the skis are waiting to go, and we have a 6am start in the morning.................... snowHead snowHead snowHead Now what have i forgotten
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy