Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarding Jackets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I would like peoples opinions on brands of snowboarding jackets and any all round equipment.

I am a beginner so will not be looking to buy top of the range but am willing to spend for decent equipment Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a look in TK Maxx, luck of the draw but last weekend the Derby Branch had Quicksilver and ONeil jackets in at the price you'd pay for Dare2Be or Trespass on the high street. Sure it is last season stock but very good jackets at a fraction of the price of current stock.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I got a Billabong one with boarding trousers for £88 off of 2seasons (sign up for their newsletter for £20 off - may need to add full price item i.e. keyring).

So yeah nice and cheap and OK waterproofing/breathability (~8000grm).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TK Maxx is as good as anywhere if you want a bargain - you have to do some searching and they don't always have all products in all sizes, but you can get a good bargain... I picked up this O'Neill jacket for £59 the other day... 8/8k breathabilty and waterproofing...bit of a bargain considering the RRP was £150

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quite a few jackets on the TK Maxx website at the moment as well
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Trousers more important than jacket I think for beginner snowboarder - look for min 8k/8k waterproof and breathability. You'll be getting wet sat in the snow a lot and you'll be getting hot having to walk when you fall on the flat.

Just go to some snow shops and try stuff on - is it comfy, does it look good and can you afford it? It isn;t like there is one 'quality' brand.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kat.ryb wrote:
Trousers more important than jacket I think for beginner snowboarder - look for min 8k/8k waterproof and breathability. You'll be getting wet sat in the snow a lot and you'll be getting hot having to walk when you fall on the flat.

Just go to some snow shops and try stuff on - is it comfy, does it look good and can you afford it? It isn;t like there is one 'quality' brand.

I would second that - make sure you have some good waterproof rated pants. Also, to minimise this effect, try to learn from day one how to strap in standing up - it makes a massive difference to the cold, wet bum!

Check out Bonfire for outerwear as they make good technical stuff that looks great and is reasonably priced. Protest is another brand making good stuff these days at a low price. If you can invest in the best you can afford it will last way longer and work out better value in the long run (my 2003 Burton Gortex gloves are still going strong!).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just got back from skiwear4less. Got some nice West Beach coats and trousers at bargain prices, not just nice but decent spec too, obviously depends what your budget is but about £80 for the coat.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have a look at surfanic website http://www.surfanic.co.uk there is an outlet tab which they sell off some of the last years styles
I have had a few jackets and pants for me and the family and they have been great
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
consider investing in one of these, too. i wish i'd had one when i'd started out http://www.airgear.com/buttshield/index.php

keeps it warm and dry Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What's your budget? I'm presuming quite low if you're a beginner?

you can find mens snow jackets from only £74 delivered
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've just put my 2012 Burton Hackett Jacket on eBay for £60 no reserve which is a bargain given that I've only worn it once.

You'll just have to put up with the shame of everyone else on the slope wearing the same jacket as you, which is the reason I'm selling it!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/dare2b-winter-mens
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy