Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Japan!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody been? Please tell all.
I sit and watch sections in vids of Japan and it looks like heaven, can anybody tell me there experiences of Hokkaido?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 4-01-13 10:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Charliefoxtrot, take a look at Mike Pow's Hokaido thread on here - he posts some great pics and vid which says it all!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I did a 3 week trip there in 09. It is epic. 8 days in Niseko, a long weekend in Tokyo then out for 8 days in Niseko area. The people are great, the conditions are amazing (the lightest powder snow i have ever seen) and there are lots of little differences that make it an amazing experience. Will definitely be repeating at some point. The night time tree runs in2 feet of powder in Niseko are probably the highlight!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What was the cost of your trip? I want to go next season. I'm just looking at costing. I have heard travelling in Japan can be hard as there is no English signs around once you get out of Tokyo. Not that it will stop me.
I'm thinking of going to niseko but wouldn't mind going to some other areas, could anybody recommend the best way to do this?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was lucky with the cost as i booked accommodation a few weeks before the Yen gained massively in value against the pund but i dont think it is much more expensive than doing your own trip to a decent resport in Europe (flights excepted). There were two of us who spoke no Japanese and we didnt have any trouble getting around Tokyo ( a bit of reading up in advance is advisable but that was it).

We flew into Tokyo separately, transferred to the domestic airport by bus and flew straight to Hokkaido on JAL i think. We used skijapan.com in Niseko and they were very helpful. Stayed in Lodge Garmisch (traditional Japanese rooms) Flew back to tokyo and booked a hotel room in Shibuya for 4 days over a long weekend then got the bullet train out to Nagano and transferred to Hakuba to the Echo Hotel. We used a company called Snowbeds who I wouldnt reccomend to my worst enemy! The hotel Echo was great though.

if you are only going to one ski location is would definitely go for Niseko Grand Hirafu opn Hokkaido for the powder! Shocked

It is a once in a ligfetime experience, i say go for it!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy