Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Least crowded of these three weeks?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Due to having to stick to termtime I have got a choice of w/c 16/2, 30/3 or 6/4. I think I have only once before had to stick to termtime due one of the party at the time being a teacher and the queues where ever it was were long and slow moving though bottlenecks do seem to have improved over the years.
The snow should be more reliable in Feb but at the moment struggling to get anything under £1000 a head before lift passes, ski hire etc. The prices in w/e 30/3 and 06/04 don't seem much different.
I know it will depend a bit onthe resort and the snow in the area -if you are in a high resort and the snow is rubbish lower down, people will be bussed in.
Anyway which week should be the least horrendous? Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
muddewater, Depends where you go too. That February date is half term for most of the UK and the start of the French holidays so I'd avoid France. The other dates are Easter which isn't usually anywhere near as busy especially the 2nd week. Choose somewhere high and you should be OK.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

which week should be the least horrendous?

30 March shouldn't be horrendous at all, in France (can't speak for other places) because many French people seem to have given up skiing by then. I am organising a family party that week, renting all 6 apartments in a building alongside the slopes. Rates are very much low season.

Travel from the UK, with UK tour operators, is expensive because it's school holidays. But if you can drive, then you should be able to rent accommodation locally at low season rates. Generally, in early April, you shouldn't have to go too high - though it's best to be somewhere with some higher skiing available, and slopes with different aspects.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
week 6/4 should be cheapest
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flights are very expensive then, because of the UK school hols - several of the families joining our trip would be flying, if prices were more reasonable. But driving down, and renting an apartment direct (rather than through a British TO) should make for as cheap a holiday as you can have at any time.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Second week of Easter was fine in Les 2 Alpes last winter and we will be there again this winter. No more than a couple of min queues other than getting the first lift up from the village in the morning and even that was quick once the lift opened. Think that late in the year the lower resorts will be shut so nowhere to bus people in from!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
30 March, somewhere high or with good snow record.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Think that late in the year the lower resorts will be shut so nowhere to bus people in from!

Not many resorts close that early. Les Gets, for example, certainly not a high resort, closes on 21 April.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, thats a bit of surprise as last winter until we had a dump mid week there was no snow till the area round the top of the white eggs (lift up out of the village to 2100m) in L2A
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davkt, You should have been there the year before, it was virtually unskiable below Toura at 2600m. Lots of people coming over from Alpe D'Huez which was more or less shot then. That's when you really benefit from a high resort, there was still 1000m skiable above 2600m.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Claude B, Yup and why snowHead still manage to have great skiing in Val T at the end of April.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy