Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kuhtai

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This resort has been suggested to me for this year. We are a mixed group two exeperienced reds/blacks and two others who just ski blues and easy reds. I have read that it is only rednruns back to the village and not very many blues, any info would be great. Thank you.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
Situated at an altitude of 2020 m Kühtai is Austria's highest winter sport village and, because of this, has best snowconditions from beginning of December till spring.
The slopes are next to the hotels, so no walking or driving is neccessary.
Kühtai is a special adventure for kids. Lots of establishments, for example the skischool, the kindergarden or the "wunderteppich" (special lift for kids) are exactly shaped to the requirements of young families.
Besides 30 km of ski and snowboard slopes, Kühtal excels in its great offer of ski tours.
Every Wednesday and Saturday from 19.30 to 22.30 night skiing possible.

http://www.bergfex.com/kuehtai/

Kuhtai is a well known ski touring resort - it's an ideal place to go for a group of tourers who have less advanced skiers in the group. One group goes touring the other cruises the reds.

It's mainly reds and only has around 40 km of ski runs. For alpine skiing alone, there are other resorts which I believe would better suit your group (Saalbach, Flachau, Serfaus etc)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DB, never been there myself, but my Austrian colleague & family who live in Axams go to ski in Kühtai. Must mean something!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Steilhang wrote:
DB, never been there myself, but my Austrian colleague & family who live in Axams go to ski in Kühtai. Must mean something!

Sure but I'm guessing they are not blue runs skiers or looking for much of an Apres ski scene and don't ski there for a full week (unless ski touring / off piste skiing).

http://www.grefges.de/Kuehtai/Zwischenablage01.jpg

For a mixed range of piste skiers (blue to black) who are on holiday for a week I'd guess somewhere like Saalbach, Obertauern etc would suit them better.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DB, I've just put Kühtai on my list for this winter!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great little family friendly place, advanced skiers can have an away day at the nearby glacier if the don't like the plentiful off piste and the liftpass means everyone can do a day at hoch oetz which is a short bus ride away. Far from the apres capital of the world but in a group, who cares?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DB wrote:
(off piste skiing)

Care to elaborate?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Steilhang wrote:
DB, I've just put Kühtai on my list for this winter!

Been added to my lift pass for this season, judging by that photo I'm gonna have to make an effort to get over there!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kuhtai's ski area is fairly limited and has a vertical of only 500m - which means short-ish runs. Mrs MA and I had a day there as part of a Landeck-based road trip (to St Anton, Ischgl, Serfaus and Kaunertal) - and it was enough. Snow conditions were excellent - the village is high at 2000m.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nothing to see here, just move along quietly ----- wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We're off to Kuhtai at the end of Jan. A bit anxious after being used to the hundreds of km of Portes du Soleil runs, but we shall see. Reviews seem pretty good for the most part. We have our 8-yr old in tow so will be happy to stay at our hotel in the evening. Just hoping for blue skies and sunshine for the entire week!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snowsure, convenient to Innsbruck, hotels right at the bottom of the lifts. Great family area. I did some touring out of a neighboring valley last spring, and we had lunch in Kuhtai after skiing on two occasions. No trees, so poor visibility in clouds and fog.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just got back from here and my report is here. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=94965

Great little resort but terrible for anyone other than intermediate skiers; it's nearly all red runs!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
joemalone wrote:
Great little resort but terrible for anyone other than intermediate skiers; it's nearly all red runs!

.... or ski tourers, or people looking for gentler offpiste.

http://youtube.com/v/G1QDkR5U_fA

http://youtube.com/v/B3vlZ84yRgk

http://youtube.com/v/CzhTZXvGKek

http://youtube.com/v/7Xgl8zDBD1Q

http://youtube.com/v/6aUvwiJa3wk
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kuhtai - plenty of divided opinion on this resort. I always stay in my wifes best friends little village called Mieming which lies between several resorts. My point is, we do several resorts for 1 day each, Ehrwald, Seefeld, Biberwier, Lermoos and Hochoetz/Kuhtai = and the 1 we do twice in our 6 days is Hochoetz/Kuhtai. Yes the runs are nearly all red and I don't like the slopes one side of the valley - each of those runs has a gully type finish to the run - you'll know what I mean when you have done them . But the other side is super, very modern lifts, no queues, lots of skiing & great views. However, the jewel in the crown is 10 mins bus ride down the road, 7kms by free bus with a ski pass and its Hochoetz. the bus picks you up from the middle of Kuhtai and drops you by the Ochensgarden gondela, great bar/restuarant right next to the bus stop called Ottos Eich bar -double sausage and chips last year 5.80 euros, spag bol 7.00 euros, big portions. Skiing is the best in the area for me , varied, from long blue runs to the several reds, a brillaint section over the far side of the mountain, no queues that I have ever seen and far away from the german border so as not to attract any day trippers. Bars are cheap - 3.20 fro hal a ltr of beer and a scenic 10 mins back to Kuhtai at the end of your day - I suspect you'll spend a lot of your time in this secret gem
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy