Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The cost of ski holidays

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
According to an article in today's Sunday Times. A week's skiing for a family of 4 French residents costs on average 1023 euro (and in case you are wondering it does not say per person). Wow! It does quote the Parisien newspaper saying that scouring the internet can find discounted lift passes, but even then 4 lift passes must gobble up the bulk of that budget.
It also reports bookings at an all time high with Alpe d'Huez being almost full for the next 2 weeks. The Sunday Times says this boom in bookings for these weeks is because of the low prices and turmoil in the Middle East. I suspect it has more to do with Christmas and New Year not being on a weekend.
Anyway it looks as if the next 2 weeks will be very busy.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What it doesn't say is that for that money you get a filthy matchbox of an apartment with no proper bathroom or even beds.
A proper chalet holiday costs 1000euros per person without even travel, lift pass, beer or ski hire.
Why do we put up with it?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fuego, Like you I cannot see why anyone would put up with spending 1000 euro just for a week's board and lodging.

If some people are paying 1000 + euro per person. Then a lot of people must be paying under 250 euro to get that average figure.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Plenty of Chalet hols for sub £1k inc flights. I paid IRO £750 for Val 3 yrs ago inc flights, transfer etc. Xmas in Zermat half board for £800 odd. If only I had the cash and someone to ski with Smile

Mind you, I'm not sure what your definition of a 'proper chalet holiday' is!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fuego, I don't know where your figures are coming from but I sure didn't pay 1000 euros for a catered chalet alone and I'm a single traveller, in fact with Inghams this year my whole holiday (Inluding ski hire and lift pass) was under 1000 pounds and that was to Courchevel 1850!

These were advance bookings made months before I went.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RichardB, During January?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
johnE, £499 Flights LGW/GVA, transfers, Chalet accommodation, 2-4-1 Ski pass, Val d'Isere 2nd week Jan.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skiing is a rich mans sport always has been always will be.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Time of year wasn't mentioned in the OP. But see my comment about xmas in Zermatt.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fuego wrote:
Why do we put up with it?
I don't know but many do. I tried to book for family to go to Finland at half term. Best quote, before the tour ops all sold out, was around £3k for direct flights and log cabin self catering. So, decided to DIY it and, so far without trying too hard, I'm at £1500 including scheduled Finnair flights and better accommodation. OK, it'll involve a stop-over in Helsinki but that adds to the experience. The bloody northern lights better show up.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What le Parisien (a rather crap newspaper) omitted is the fact a good portion of those French people will not have to pay the total ammount announced thanks to the various cheques vacances and other benefits coming their way via the company they are working for and/or the comite d'entreprise of the said company if it is of a larger size.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
volklwaffen wrote:
What le Parisien (a rather crap newspaper) omitted is the fact a good portion of those French people will not have to pay the total ammount announced thanks to the various cheques vacances and other benefits coming their way via the company they are working for and/or the comite d'entreprise of the said company if it is of a larger size.

Should read : I suspect le Parisien (a rather crap newspaper) also did not take into account the fact...........
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy