Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Annual STINKY, public service announcemen

Poster: A snowHead
It's that time of year again when we occasionally whiff . . . and for some our socks need to be beaten into submission to put them on and into the foetid moist cavern of yer boots . . . when gloves are lined with ripe Camembert . . . well, let's not go further wink

So here are, again for the unaware, simple inexpensive solutions.

Boots and gloves: Morning and bedtime rub in a little Vicks vaporub all around yer toes and nail beds and feet. Don't slather it on, just a nice fine well rubbed in coating. Unless yer boots are completely rancid already, they will stay sweet all week and beyond, same with yer socks.
As for yer hands, do the same before you put yer gloves on in the morning and repeat after lunch. Yer gloves will stay sweet all week and yer hands will be lovely and conditioned.

WARNING!!! ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS AT NIGHT to avoid any nocturnal surprises to your more intimate parts . . . or your friend's Shocked Shocked Shocked

Unodorant refillable body spray crystals by BIONSEN (Boots and SuperDrug) is fantastic for letting you sweat without stink and can be used directly on clothing to cure an existing malodorance . . . very good for synthetics.

Both of these products may be used on . . . shall we say . . . sensitive areas and the Vicks is particularly good at easing and curing sweat rash . . . but 'no pain, no gain' initially Twisted Evil

[/public service announcement]
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't know what the fuss is about. After a few weeks of use I just throw it all in the washing machine with a soap (e.g. Dreft) rather than a detergent, and wash at 30 degrees. If it can't handle getting wet at less than body temperature, then it's not much good Smile

Then dry the stuff out as best you can overnight when in use.

Even my motocross/Enduro boots, which get REALLY wet aren't that whiffy, and they don't get washed in that manner, just dried properly, and regularly.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
feef, you's a gurl ain't ya . . . spent much time w'lads on a ski trip?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque wrote:
feef, you's a gurl ain't ya . . . spent much time w'lads on a ski trip?

Nope.. I'm not a gurl, and I just got back from 2 weeks in tignes, sharing a room with another bloke.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
feef, well you know the difference tween soap and detergent . . . what the hell was I supposed to think rolling eyes

wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque wrote:
feef, well you know the difference tween soap and detergent . . . what the hell was I supposed to think rolling eyes

wink

That I used to work in a mountaineering shop and it was one of the big selling points of some of the nikwax and similar cleaning agents NehNeh
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tip 2 - Apply your Vick AFTER you insert your contact lenses.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Here, Does anyone know Vick Burns

It does if you get it on yer Nads
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Timbobaggins wrote:
Here, Does anyone know Vick Burns

It does if you get it on yer Nads

You're hooked up with Nadenoodlee...?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Timbobaggins, Rule 5 man, rule 5 rolling eyes

But it'll cure yer jock itch in a couple of days Twisted Evil
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Timbobaggins, Vick Burns? Never met him - sorry!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque,

I challenge you to rule 5.

Buy yourself some M&S Tea Tree Oil and Eucalyptus show gel, Give yerself a good scrubbing with that,

My missus left some in the shower the other day, so i thought WTF i am fed up with Lynx, and anyway it doesnt work like the adverts say it does anyway rolling eyes

So i give myself a good old rub down with the M&S special.

I walked like John Wayne for a week Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Timbobaggins, Oh I can do MUCH better than that . . .

Undies washed in Arial Bio full strenth, machine didn't rinse, dried and worn a week later for a loooong bike ride . . . at about 20miles out things started to tingle.
It was two weeks before the last scab fell off ma' plums. At the worst they looked like a burnt scotch egg.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sounds like my 21st birthday bash when the lads decided it would be good fun to put Fairy liquid down my undies, which I then slept in. Boy did it take skin off.... Shocked
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

well you know the difference tween soap and detergent . . . what the hell was I supposed to think

That he's an adult?

Merely being male is not an excuse for being an incompetent waste of space, I'm afraid.
snow conditions
Just wear that expensive merino, it's great, just as a baselyer and the rest of your stuff and yourself won't stink. If it really is an issue that you smell then you can afford it!
ski holidays
Can someone explain this washing and changing and deodorising thing? Why is it wrong for me to take 3 pairs of underwear and socks for a week?

1 pair worn on way out wash on arrival and change into pair 2. Save clean pair in case of urgent requirement (*)

On final day change into pair 3.

Arrive home wash all pairs.

(*) urgent requirement includes offer of sexual favours or extreme bowel evacuations issues.
latest report
ansta1,

If you turn your Grundies inside out, you in effect have 4 clean sides, So you only nead two pairs of Thunder Pants
snow report
Also if you throw them at a wall and they dont stick, then they are good to go for another day.
snow conditions
I holiday with animals rolling eyes
latest report
Timbobaggins wrote:
ansta1,

If you turn your Grundies inside out, you in effect have 4 clean sides, So you only nead two pairs of Thunder Pants

yea but then my other clothes will get run the risk of potential skid cross contamination.....
ski holidays
Lizzard wrote:
Merely being male is not an excuse for being an incompetent waste of space, I'm afraid.

Methinks the lady's heart softens Shocked
snow conditions
Masque, I don't really understand why you are trying not to smell. That way by day three you are the only person who doesn't smell. That's a bad place to be.

The boys trips have established some good rules. On day 1 (i.e. when you leave to get a flight) you get into your onesie. On the last day (i.e. when you get home) you take it off. You can ski in a onesie. You can dance in a onesie. You can sleep in a onesie. Why would you take it off?
snow report
cos you smell worse than a billy goat? You know it is time to change your onesie when you can smell yourself
snow conditions
Monium, Some of us enjoy the company of our more fragrant, feline, snowPussies . . . and they would rather not spend time with a bunch of senile adolescents who think that wearing a fart bag is a challenge to inflate it by whatever bodily function they can abuse rolling eyes I'm still experimenting with my own colognes . . . Schuss 'n Boots, I think you'll REALLY like the new one wink
ski holidays
Masque, I can confirm that the onesie-laden boys trips are not designed for snowPussy - they are purely for practical purposes. But it is nice to think we still qualify as adolescents Very Happy
snow conditions
Monium, I refer you to my 'sig' rolling eyes
snow conditions
Masque, I cannot bear blokes who pong - but that includes ponging of cologne. Skullie
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pedantica, each to her or his own . . . though I only use nature's scents to work with and try very hard to be subtle . . . though I've one that'd not be out of place in One Thousand and One Nights . . . very oriental and very rich Toofy Grin
latest report
Masque,
Quote:

very rich
Now yer talkin'! wink Actually, there's no logic to my not liking cologne on men - I wear the scent that I have worn (exclusively) since I was in my 20s and feel naked without it*. No real reason why there should be one rule for women and another for men, in that regard.

*But I do try and remember not to put any on if I have the chance to taste fine wines.
snow report
Pedantica, What you doin' up at this time of night? Actually my favourite is a cologne from the 30s by Guerlain and very hard to find now so we both appreciate past skills with scents. I hate the chemistry set stinks we're pummeled with today. Have fun lass and BTW . . . I'm counting backward now wink
snow report
Masque, got backache-induced insomnia. Sad
Did you know my scent was by Guerlain? Shocked In London only John Lewis stock it and I live in trepidation of it being discontinued.
Wot you counting backwards from? EoSB? I've got the BB before that - let's hope I make it this time, unlike the last one. rolling eyes (Must say admin produced a superb letter for me to claim on my insurance - the insurers didn't bat an eyelid.)
ski holidays
Pedantica, Guerlain was the best 'nose' in the business before Channel made that synthetic crap No5 and ruined the industry. Evil or Very Mad

Guerlain still produce limited edition legacy batches and if you write to them they will add you to a mailing list to buy into the batch . . . not cheap but few things made with just human senses are.
ski holidays
Masque, I'm happy if they just carry on making Chamade.
snow report
Pedantica, classy! that's quite a complex one and IIR quite expensive . . . hyacinth, vetiver (my fav) and sandalwood. It's the choice of a friend of mine too . . . with a little change to the mix it would work for a man.
snow report
Am I sounding just a wee bit too 'metro' for my snowboard here? Shocked
snow report
Creed
ski holidays
Zombie Si, very enigmatic . . . but WTF?
latest report
Masque, a tad, perhaps. wink And I really do prefer the smell of very clean, unscented bloke - but, as you say, each to her own.

Google tells me that Creed is a brand of smelly. I'd never heard of it either.
snow report
Masque, on the digression of fragrance you/I may like, but struggle to get. Ok ?

Masque,
Quote:

but WTF?

Laughing wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy