Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Line Prophet 98

Poster: A snowHead
Thinking if getting some new skis for venturing off piste on. Although I'm an old bug and pretty useless off piste I intend to ski about 7 weeks next winter and do a lot more. I've currently got some Icelantic Pilgrims which are too short really at 169cm. I've got some skinny Blizzard piste skis also for days when I'll stick to piste. I've seen Line Prophets 98's at a good price and they look as if they would be suitable. I'm 172cm and my weight is heading downwards atm so I hope to be about 12st/75kg by next winter. I'll probably go for 178cm which I think would be plenty long enough for me. I'll move the Vist bindings over from the Pilgrims. I've seen Line Blends at an even better price but I think these are more Freestyle spec, is that right?

Any views (I don't want to spend a fortune or go for anything mega wide or long).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am an "old bug" as well and about the same height and weight as yourself, although it sounds as though I have done more off piste skiing. I bought a pair of Line Prophet 98s in the end of season sales last year and I am delighted with them.

I have had two weeks with them this season so far. The first week was in Tignes before Christmas in great soft snow conditions and they were superb.

I was a bit concerned as to how they might handle some of the more trickier exits you sometimes get at the end of off piste runs, but in St Anton a few weeks ago they were fine. The conditions we had there were mixed and we had some awkward exits lower down off piste on the Rendl side for those that know St Anton and I was able to cope as easily as anybody in our group. They were more than adequate on hard pistes and moguls.

The previous year's model was the LP 100, which had good reviews and the 98, obviously slightly narrower is the replacement and by all accounts just a bit better. I was advised that anything up to 100 underfoot these days because of the technology, can be considered as an all round ski and you need to be talking 100 plus to describe something as truly freeride. My LPs are 179 which is a bit longer than my previous skis. I was told that it was advisable to get something just a bit longer, as the LP 98 has a slightly rockered technology (don't ask me what that means!) which means that less of the ski is in contact with the snow on piste. The extra length gives that extra bit of contact.

As you can no doubt tell, I am very enthusiastic.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
richjp, Thanks, that sounds really promising. I'm more or less certain to go for them, I'll try them out at Easter then. Anyone else?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great ski, managed to pinch them from my brother to try them out for a day. Super stable at higher speeds and great for charging bumps, much more so than my wateas. I think the nice stiffish flex helps a bit for that. One thing i did find was that they didn't grip quite as well on the hard/icy runs as my skis however that may be due to the different edge angles or the fact that i was knackered and my technique probably wasn't as good as it could have been. Overall though, it is a great ski and i can't see you being disappointed with them if you do buy them Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ordered! Thanks all. I trawled through a few other posts too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I got them this season and love them; at 47 and 15 stone I lack some flexibility in my old joints, and I find them very forgiving. I have skied where I would never have gone previously. Made me feel young again !!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As above, great in most conditions but poor on ice. Really nice and fun to ski. One thing I've noticed coming from a pair of flat tail skis though, is hookiness in some snow. They're a keeper though Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
shoogly, What are you refering to when you say 'hookiness'?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just felt the back end of the ski hook up in variable snow a couple of times. Maybe it's a twin tip thing.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just turned up, 24 hours for free delivery Very Happy They're not that much wider than the Pilgrims which are twin tips too. The extra 10cm may take a little getting used to although they're probably not that much different to my 167cm piste skis. Just got to get to spyderjon's now to get the bindings changed over.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
just doing a quick service on my skis. anyone know the edge angles on the 98?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
shoogly, No, I get syderjon to change all mine to 3 now. That seems to work for me and I don't have to wory about different angles for different skis.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
shoogly, if i remember correctly, the factory set edge angles on line skis are 1.5 Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
1.5? Doesn't make sense. Most edge tools I have seen have full º increments, mine does at least anway.

Skis all waxed, but need to know the edge angle for sure. google is bringing up little info.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
shoogly wrote:
need to know the edge angle for sure. google is bringing up little info.

Once again, The Man knows everything it seems...

http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/content/view/31/41/

No dates on that list, but I'm guessing that the big manufacturers don't change their angles very often.
snow conditions
shoogly, My daughters K2 bad seeds (k2 same comany as line) are also 1.5 degrees...I emailed them to ask......which I also though was a bit weird!....they are now 3 degrees!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy