Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Race insurance for FIS races

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I am trying to find decent (ie not needing a mortgage to fund), ski race insurance policy for 95 days. Being a more mature lady OK over 50 under 55! and also needs to have some off piste without a guide for those too snowy to train days. I am racing FIS masters as well as a few Cit races. Can anyone recommed a company?? Many thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JRskier, SkiClub.co.uk do a decent race based Insurance policy.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JRskier, I switched to Snowsport England Insurance last winter, it worked out cheaper for me to do multiple single trip policies than an annual one. I used Snowcard before this but it got too expensive.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JRskier,

I purchase Carte Neige with additional competitors insurance from Club de Sports Tignes. I think it was about €120 for the year.

Which races are you planning?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JRskier, try Click4quote dot com , my son gets his race and training insurance from them , not FIS but was the cheapest quote with all the required cover.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wow = thanks for all the info - I will try the snowsport england one - Main problem is Ski club not keen on covering me for the 95 days out in resorts. I will also enquire about the Carte Neige competitor cover as I am training in Flaine with Superski - so they should be able to help. I am planning on Masters FIS races - starting in Veysonaz on 12th Jan and then all over Europe including a fab weekend doing night races in Zagreb on the world cup stade. If any of you are over the magic 30 yrs then you can race in masters - all you need is a licence from BSS and insurance. Oh yes and an ability to fathom out the race entry procedure on the BSS site. This is where I need a teenager!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JRskier,

The Carte Neige with competitor cover allows you to enter FFS races( which have masters catagories) of which there are many throughout the alps each weekend. Lots more opportunities than just master racing.

Do you know why you cannot enter Master races with a normal FIS licence? Why do you also have to buy a masters Licence?

Quote:
Oh yes and an ability to fathom out the race entry procedure on the BSS site

Masters racing and the BSS website are not compatible wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JRskier wrote:
If any of you are over the magic 30 yrs then you can race in masters - all you need is a licence from BSS and insurance. Oh yes and an ability to fathom out the race entry procedure on the BSS site. This is where I need a teenager!

If only I had the money and the holidays! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stewart woodward wrote:
Do you know why you cannot enter Master races with a normal FIS licence? Why do you also have to buy a masters Licence?

The points lists are different. I'm sure they could be the same, the FFS manage to have one list for everyone, I suspect we would have to wait for a few FIS comittee members to retire before anything would change though.
Quote:
Masters racing and the BSS are not compatible

Fixed that for you.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
vivski wrote:
JRskier wrote:
If any of you are over the magic 30 yrs then you can race in masters - all you need is a licence from BSS and insurance. Oh yes and an ability to fathom out the race entry procedure on the BSS site. This is where I need a teenager!

The races are all over weekends and can be done at fairly low cost.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rjs, yeah but I wouldn't want to do races without doing any training, which is where the time and holidays come in. To put it in perspective I won't even be doing any indoor racing this year as I can't afford to train.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
vivski, Depends on where you're travelling from/to, the cheapest door to door Masters weekend meet I can do (from Ireland) would be about 700e incl. flights,transfer,digs,entry,lift,expenses and thats getting really good flight deals.Not cheap, and mrs briand is very sympathetic, but even she has her limits. If you add it all up gym fees, dry slope fees, training fees, petrol, 1 race camp and a couple of race meetings this will be a pretty expensive season by my standards. Add in that I'll be taking over half my annual leave to do it and the brownie point balance will be at a very low level.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
vivski wrote:

Just what I was thinking (well that and the ability!)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JRskier, Are you going to be in Goetschen Feb 1-3 ?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
briand6868, that is exactly the problem, just don't have that kind of disposable income. I hope all your training and racing goes well and is worth it Toofy Grin I'm really missing the skiing already, not used to not doing any for so long. Hopefully in a few years we'll have our house deposit and I'll be earning more money so will be able to do more again. Cried a little inside as the race skis and boots were put properly away for the first time in about 6 years just before Christmas Sad
snow report
vivski, You have my sympathy, financially racing is killing me and I'll only be doing this season unless I win the lotto - but keep the head up and you never know what might happen Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy