Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Goggles and OTG Goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys,
im looking at buying myself a nice set of goggles some thing like this http://www.ss20.com/snowboarding-c2/snowboard-goggles-c28/apx-goggles-jet-with-red-ionized-and-yellow-blue-lenses-p11996 or one of these http://smithoptics.eu/products/#/Snow+Goggles/Over+The+Glass+OTG/ my only problem is i wear glasses but there no thin frames on the arms so i cant get anything to seal around my face, with the dragons they have a good seal apart from the around the arms which are lifted out at the sides and just above and below as with most goggles. Will this cause constant foging or has anyone got any suggesstions with this kind of question? Or if i get them and cut some of the foam out will this then make a good seal? Smile
Thanks in advance for any replies
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MattParkinson, as a fellow four-eyes, i sympathise - finding decent OTG goggles is a real battle. I managed to pick up some Oakley OTGs second hand off the forum which fit me well and since i switched from my old Scotts i've not had half the fogging problems I used to.

Other than getting to a decent shop with plenty of stock to try stuff on, the only other recommendation I've got is to get yourself a pair of specs with as small a profile as you can find to reduce what you're trying to cram under your goggles as much as possible. I got a spare pair from Specsavers last time I changed perscription specifically so I can fit them under goggles easier - plus with a spare pair its a backup if you yardsale yourself down half a kilometer of mountain. Cool
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bolle do some nice OTG goggles. Look out for the Nova goggles costing around £50 on average.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I got some of these, but the 2012 model. Just bought them so can't comment on performance but comfort wise they are brilliant. I'm a 6' 4" guy, therefore big headed (!) and therefore bigger glasses and they fit me perfectly. If you can find a 2012 model you should pay around £40.

http://www.sailandski.co.uk/acatalog/Scott-Notice-OTG-Goggles-2013--black-light-sensitive-bronze-chrome-lens---18552.html
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MattParkinson, I have a pair of these http://www.vision3k.com/brands/scott-ski-goggles/unlimited-otg.asp , vision 3k will let you order several pairs, which you can return.

I'm very happy with these goggles.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lazer 'em - worked for me and skiing was the reason I did it!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
UrbanSurfer wrote:
Bolle do some nice OTG goggles. Look out for the Nova goggles costing around £50 on average.

Novas are not OTG and will suffer the same problems in the OP. I suppose you could cut out the foam for frames but it'll just let in cold air and fog up.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Why should having a small "gap" caused by the arms of the specs make goggles more likely to fog up? I thought that ventilation was good in helping to reduce fogging - goggles generally are ventilated, aren't they?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Adidas with optical insert if you can't wear contacts. Virtually no drawbacks at all. Failing that the Smiths will work with glasses with thin enough arms.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:
Why should having a small "gap" caused by the arms of the specs make goggles more likely to fog up? I thought that ventilation was good in helping to reduce fogging - goggles generally are ventilated, aren't they?

My probably incomplete understanding: vents in front of foam that slows incoming air enough to warm up and not cool inner lens enough to induce condensation of moist air. Gap without foam likely to let in too much air and cool down lens too quickly.

Nonetheless, Novas don't have the space to take spec frames, speaking as a Nova owning contact lens wearer on the slopes.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Decathlon, with interchangeable lenses
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i recently got oakley canopy goggles, the fit over my glasses and offer i really good field of view.

only issue is i have no idea how to change the lenses on them yet.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oakly A frames fit over my glasses fine and no problems, wearing a helmet stops any air at the back anyway
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I wear contacts instead Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy