Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saint Gervais Winter Opening

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I am looking for some help!

Have booked a few days in Saint Gervais from the 16th December -21st December. Just looked online and the Saint Gervais website says the resort doesnt open until the 22nd.

This seems late as I am aware of other resorts being open by this time. I was wondering if it was still possible to ski in the area between the dates I have booked?

Megeve is already open, so if the cable car is open from Gervais- Bettex to Megeve then it would be no problem. Does anyone know if this will be open?

Also if there is snowfall aready, will they start to open lifts early?

Help would be appreciated!

Thank you
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wolfskin, welcome to snowheads. snowHead I don't think Megeve opens fully till 22 December (like most of the resorts around there) though there may be some areas open earlier, particularly at weekends. Keep an eye on the websites. Some info here - http://www.ski-megeve.com/ski_megeve_forfaits/ski_megeve_saison_ski.html

Will you have a car? The Grand Montets will be open in Chamonix and I think Flaine will be open too. Les Contamines not scheduled to open till 22nd either. Might be some earlier opening if there's lots of snow (which looks likely snowHead ) but I wouldn't put a lot of money on it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
According to the St Gervais app on my phone there are currently 9 out of 50 slopes open and 6 out of 25 lifts open.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Les Contamines is due t open this weekend also... But not fully...

https://www.facebook.com/LesContaminesMontjoie

Aiguille Croche - 2500m - 180 cm
Signal - 1880m - 165 cm
Etape - 1450m - 90 cm
Bas des pistes - 1160m - 45 cm

Amazing snow depths for this time of year... Smile Roll on the season!!!!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wolfskin, welcome to the madhouse!

Have a look at the webcams - http://www.ski-saintgervais.com/fr/en-direct/webcams-ski-montblanc.php - as others have said there is a ton of snow! If you're lucky they may well open up more of the domain on the weekend. Otherwise, as others have mentioned, drive to Les Contamines (a personal favourite), Chamonix or Flaine. If you don't have a car with you, there should be a bus to Les Contamines or take the train up to Les Houches.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The problem being is that his holiday is Monday to Friday. Any weekend openings are neither here nor there.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mr Piehole wrote:
The problem being is that his holiday is Monday to Friday. Any weekend openings are neither here nor there.

I meant open early and stay open, not just for the weekend.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mr Piehole, Good spot... rolling eyes Didn't pick up on that... Think LC is only opening at weekends but as agw, says... if the snow continues then they might open a week early... Esp up in Flaine maybe, which is only an hour tops away...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy