Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

poles for bladers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Haven't checked to see if anyone's asked this before.... but what do you other snowbladers do when you hit flat snow? I saw a few people with a pole when on hols last year. They seemed to be able to fold it or retract it & put in their pocket. I've looked on the usual shop sites but can only find ski poles unless they were using treking poles. Any ideas / help would be great as i hate having to shuffle! Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHead wicked witch of the west,

Can you not just click your heels 3 times to get home?!

Failing that "skating" is dead easy on 'blades, I guess you could carry hiking poles, but by the time you have got them set up you could probably have skated over most bits of flat I have had to ski over.

It is certainly easier on skiboards than it looks on a snowboard!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Failing that "skating" is dead easy on 'blades

Ditto that. When I went blading I just skated on the flats and kept up with the skiers no probs. In fact, I remember it being less tiring. Only problem with blades is keeping balanced in the lift queues.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
By the way (why do I keep forgetting this? Embarassed ) welcome wicked witch of the west!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Been blading for a while and bladers with poles just look stupid, its easy to skate with blades. In fact last time I went skiing I forgot what I was suppost to do with the poles took me a while to remember and readjust Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Skate on the flat, or preferably if you can see the flat approaching go fast enough to go through it...but avoid poles if possible IMHO..
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I usually carry a pair od Black Diamond telescopic poles strapped to my rucksac when I'm using my blades. You need the poles for when you free the heels, stick on the skins and start heading uphill. On the flats, on piste i just skate.

A pair of these:
http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1_66_94&products_id=1168

They are what I use for skiing as well.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
On piste, having poles can prevent you from getting enough edge angle, and the blades end up skidding and juddering. For long uphills they would be useful, but duck walking can be effective too.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanx for your views guys. I think i get the message.... learn to skate. Bladers & poles don't go! Only 7 weeks till the hols so i'd better get practising & if all else fails i can always get the old broomstick out & fly...Cheers Very Happy
Oh, Conor, tip for the lift queue... keep your balance by leaning on the nearest person. You do have to make sure they are not a learner tho as it can get very messy!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy