Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Broken Avalanche Airbag, Bag

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This may be a silly question but looking at airbags at the moment and the Snowpulse RAS seems to make a lot of sense to me, this will be a one off very expensive purchase (for me and the missus).

What happens if i buy a none removable backpack and the bag breaks/rips/falls apart beyond repair for a reason not covered by warranty or after 2 years?

Obviously i will have to pay something but is there a bag replacement method? or do i have to shell out 500 quid again for the whole system? if so Removable Airbag System seems the only long term choice!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interesting point. I'm pretty sure they can be repaired in the same way as any rucksack but obviously the functionality here is a bit more critical than your average rucksack, so if it got badly damaged you'd either want to get it repaired by the manufacturer (or someone they recommend) or replace it. I'm not sure if they would be able to recycle parts of it and offer a part exchange. Sounds like a good question to ask in the shop when you look at them.

From the look of them I very much doubt they would "fall apart" at any time, but accidents happen so it's worth asking about repair options.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry fully realize this is in the wrong section wasn't paying attention
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dulcamara, I have an ABS as do my OH and ski mates, and these sacks aint falling apart in a hurry, much better made than most any rucksack I've ever owned (Ortovox, DaKine, Deuter). Cant comment re Snowpulse. I wouldnt be too worried about that.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I fully appreciate that they are well made, however my top-end Mammut freeride bag was absolutely not concentrated Phosphoric acid proof... I just mean to say accidents happen, I ruined a 120 quid bag, what if it was a 600pound bag??? Could i pay just for a replacement bag?

For information, marks and sparks boxers, peugeot 106 seatbelts and upholstry are also not H3PO4 proof !!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dulcamara, That's why I went for the Mammut RAS - not sure what the argument is for non removable these days?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dulcamara, One doesn't really want to ask the question but why would a removable airbag be concentrated phosphoric acid proof either?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think the issue is more to do with what the heck you were doing getting acid anywhere near these things?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A valid question, possibly one for the manufacturer! but it might be more pressing to say that at some point an ice axe/crampon/ice saw could make a bid for freedom and then I am stuck with a Holy bag or a 500 pound bill....

Spoke to the lady at backcountry.com she said, and i quote "shouldn't be a problem, depends on the manufacturer they may be able to replace it, just go fo it!" i feel no better...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sah, Drain cleaner leaked in my bag while being transported to uni with the purpose of unblocking a toilet my housemates had defiled! Was half-way through the seat when i caught it and soaped its a$$!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OK, I don't ski with drain cleaner, so not really an issue I can comment on.

I have skied with crampons etc, and never actually damaged a 'sack but I guess it could happen. My advice, if you are skiing with pointy things and they could damage your bag then the bag is the least of your worries, you need to make sure they aren't going to damage you. Worst case you are £500 (or more) out of pocket, but I imagine that the odd hole in the main bag can be easily patched without interfering with the ABS side of things.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dulcamara, i have a snowpluse bag. Don't worry they are very well made, barring a major catastrophe I think it's going to last a long time. Currently in the attic inside another bag, will be dusted off next week.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dulcamara, Shocked Buy a really cheap Quecha/ aldi rucksack is my advice......and throw as much acid at it as you want, it'll be a cheaper solution for you. I don't think you'd be carrying drain cleaner around the Alps but whatever floats your boat.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy